It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN report calls for world to ditch dollar, migrate to new global currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

UN report calls for world to ditch dollar, migrate to new global currency

rawstory.com

A new United Nations report released on Tuesday calls for abandoning the U.S. dollar as the main global reserve currency, saying it has been unable to safeguard value.

But several European officials attending a high-level meeting of the U.N. Economic and Social Council countered by saying that the market, not politicians, would determine what currencies countries would keep on hand for reserves.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Without the dollar being the international standard currency or reserve currency, Americans are toast, or at least our cushy life-style and sense of peace and "safety". We have completely lost our manufacturing base, our deficits are through the roof and our debt is so large that our children's children would be paying through the nose. Add that to our debt based currency (or the new debt based currency) and we will never be debt free. I believe that the only thing ensuring our cushy life-style and consumer status, has been the dollar being used as the international standard.

Because the dollar is used to trade commodities such as oil, it has retained a lot of its value but take that status away, and our money would reflect our value. Uh oh!

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
No, let's fight this, politicians!

You were elected there, so prove your worth.

This sounds like NWO to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Of course it's the NWO. Here is what I think is happening. I think that at the recent G20, other countries are seeing that the American economy is about to go down, as we just can't sustain this system. In seeing this, they would obviously want to move away from the dollar, because this will allow those in power to stay in power, though it would spell big troubles for the American population who have lost their manufacturing base and aren't really worth much to the rest of the world as far as value.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is a repost. Original here

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I saw this one coming... we all did...

I forgot where, i forgot when (but it was recent) that the world is going to be using a basket currency (Currencies combined) to trade for oil, and ween off the dollar by 2018.

this is what we get when we continue to support this fascist state were in...

when the big global companies make the decisions, make all the wealth, and watch us fight for the remaining crumbs.... yea... change... woot!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well at least they are just asking us this time.

They are crashing the worlds economy and after a few riots they will offer to take your fiat paper and replace it with a all new 100% digital amero so they can deduct a carbon footprint tax at source becaues they will know how you spend your every penney.

Does Iserail not egnough money from us as it is or must the chossen few rebuild the new temple from solid gold or something.

new topics

top topics

join