It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 year's jail for child abuse priest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

news.smh.com.au

When Catholic priest John Sidney Denham walked through the playground of the NSW school he taught at 35 years ago, boys would call out "bums to the wall, Denham's on the crawl".

The 67-year-old was jailed for almost 20 years on Friday for his "sadistic", indecent and sexual assault of boys as young as five.

Sentencing Denham in the NSW District Court, Judge Helen Syme said the offences often involved "significant planning".

July 2, 2010 - 5:04PM

Ads by Google
Breaking Internet News

You could be getting a better deal. Compare your
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
au.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how the Catholic Church officials respond to this considering all the other cover ups and issues regarding the Pope's role in them. This should have happened years ago.. it is nice to see these criminals finnally treated as such without them falling back on the legal immunity granted to them by their employers.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-7-2010 by riley]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am so fed up with this.

I have said for a long time that the Catholic Church is totally corrupt, and that goes right up to the Pope.

All organized religion is wrong - just find your own belief - you do no need churches to tell you what to believe in.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
He is a preist going to jail for the rape of little boys. His hell has just begun...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I sincerely hope he has an incredibly uncomfortable stay in prison.

Is the catholic church attempting to make restitution for this?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I wouldn't go as far as to say all organized religion is wrong because i feel that , that is a generalization .

However I do understand your views about corruption and as such i concur with you .

Religion isnt the only thing in this world that has fallen victim to corruption , unfortunately it is everywhere .

Until recently i was really against Religion but now i have seen how faith can make peoples lives better and give some people something to live for .
I think we all need to have a belief no matter what it is ,and it in that respect that i agree with you here

just find your own belief -

The thing that we should be fighting against is this Corruption and not so much religion .

I personally think that 20 years is nowhere near sufficient and that this person ( and im being generous in calling him that ) should receive life imprisonment and/or death . I find it good that these people are detested everywhere , even in prison and that alot of them dont survive to finish out there sentence because of that fact .

Omega

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Organized religion is the brainwashing of the masses.

If more people just followed what Jesus taught, the world would be a better place.

And, before everyone asks me to prove Jesus ... I don't care.

The teachings of Jesus are enough to save the world - even if you do not believe in Jesus.

The rules are simple.

Do no harm to anyone.

Love as many people as you can - OK, He said love your brother but that can be darned difficult.

And be kind to animals - I added that bit.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

The great thing is it probably took them 30 years to catch him
He should be shot, the sent to prison, then stabbed, then revived and tortured all over again.

The good thing is I'll meet him in hell
then again there are so many priests down there ... he might have some protection

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Omega85

If more people just followed what Jesus taught, the world would be a better place.

The teachings of Jesus are enough to save the world - even if you do not believe in Jesus.

The rules are simple.

Do no harm to anyone.

Love as many people as you can - OK, He said love your brother but that can be darned difficult.

And be kind to animals - I added that bit.

I agree with you my friend , especially that last bit .

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Thanks, Omega,

I get so upset about the treatment of animals.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I am so fed up with this.

I'm not. This is just the start.

One by one all of these people are falling on their knees. The more that speak out, the more that will gain the courage to do so, and eventually all of them will fall.

[edit on 2/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm not very optimistic I must say. A couple of years ago Oliver O'Grady was also charged with the same crimes, he even admitted to had abused around 25 children since 1973. The church knew this and it is documented. When he was convicted, the church paid his parole and since then he roams free in Ireland in has a loft paid by them. So news like this are not new I think.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Omega85

I'm an atheist but I very much agree with this. When I was young I was being taught about Jesus and he sounded like a caring and safe guy. I had no problems accepting those ethics.

..but then I'd get told about god and about how nearly everything I did would put me on the path to hell and he saw every little thing.

Good cop bad cop.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by riley]

new topics

top topics

join