It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Clams Stink Up SC Beach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drats

I wasn't aware that people of the SC coast were getting sick.. Thank you for that info!!

As far as methane messing with the weather, I think that's being covered in another thread here somewhere. I'm no expert so you might want to dig a bit and find the thread that talks about the effects of the spill creating weird weather.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had made it that far up the coast. Wasn't that long ago there were murmurs of oil off the coast of Jacksonville already. My memory is so bad though I can't remember if it was substantiated or not. My new pain meds are messing with my ability to connect the dots this week.. lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

there was a similar occurrence on St. Catherines Island in Georgia in 1993 and officials never figured out what happened.

It has happened before the oil leak. Just wanted to point this out. This link is to a related article dated july 2 2010

chronicle.augusta.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Does it really matter if this has occurred before the blow out? the fact is as filter feeders the clams are the first indicator of a problem with the water whether caused by natural cycles, pollutants or what ever. Now as I said even if this particular event is unrelated to the gulf event. Until proven otherwise prudence says treat it as though it does. As prudence would dictate having breathing apparatus and a well thought out plan of evacuation.
This has NOTHING to do with doom mongering it is simply what folks should do when a disaster is imminent or could be.
To my thinking this is far more drastic than any hurricane but coupled with a storm or hurricane it would obviously be an event to miss if at all possible.
So ,yeah, just as folks keep fresh water and food as well as other standard supplies for hurricane season. They should now be integrating for the unknowns which may arise due to the massive amount of gas and other VOCs dissolved in the water which will be whipped up and released during a storm. IMO having masks with VOC cans, a vehicle filled with gas and a clear route of evacuation are just wise precautions in the wake of false info,cover-up and the ongoing nature of this situation.
Waiting to be told by your leaders to do these things means you will have already been exposed to a bad situation to the point that "they" can no longer cover it up or black it out.
I say to those in the entire SE to take the precautions even if unused having them if needed can mean the difference between life and death or a long deteriorating disease.
Prayers and good works for all of you folks in the SE.
N.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Well said. These are known as indicator species. I used to be a volunteer to screen local streams. It is quite interesting.

if the indicator species dissappear, it means trouble. Though I don't know if clams are an indicator species or not. I have only done fresh water.

And I have seen them dissappear after one developement goes in, dumping too much crap into the stream.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh that being said, has it been particulary dry there? It could be a pollutant like somone said, or temperature changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join