It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowplows Ready To Remove Abandoned Vehicles from Highways When Evacuations Occur

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Methan is given off when coal is cut and sheared off of a coal seam, and for lack of a better explanation, it smells like a giant fart.

Just what the heck are you eating for your "gas" to smell that bad?

I don't conceive the situation getting that bad.Where exactly would anyone go to?

Heck the Katrina survivors never went home.

I am sure there are a lot of states that would tell people they are not welcome.

From what I have heard about those people living down there by that gulf is that they don't even wear shoes and have no teeth.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
"From what I have heard about those people living down there by that gulf is that they don't even wear shoes and have no teeth. "

That is one yankee-centric statement.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Small wonder the greatest percentage of US Special Forces are from south of the Mason-Dixon line.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

What a jackhole! I'll have you know that I own 4 pairs of flip-flops! I even have one of them fancy pair with sequins fer goin' ta eat at the Red Lobster!!

And just so you know, I still have 11 teef!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

On 7/1/10 the House of Representatives passed HR 5618, 231-189. If you go to USA.gov and search HR 5618 you get the authorization of S.9580, the "Coastal and Ocean Observation Act of 2007" and HR 5618, the "National Sea Grant College Program Amendments Act". There is a link to the bill but you will get a damaged file notification. If you then search Republican Coatroom on the USA.gov site and click daily schedule you will get the vote tally for HR 5618. HR 5618 is now the "Restoration of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act", with 1 hour of debate. There is an addition to the bill. "Martial Law rule for certain resolutions reported from the rules Committee".

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
my concearn as you mention the sea floor is in fact the history of the region it is stated that the possible asteriod that created the ice age was the one that hit the yucatan peninsula with such force its shock wave enveloped the earth 6 times ,you can actually watch this in the opening sequence to armageddon the point being that the sea floor "crust" in that region must be shatterd like a windshield would shatter but without the laminate to hold it together that said
the oil is below that and above that is the ocean or gulf as its known we are all aware of the depth and imense pressures being the key problem so imagine this the oil and gas is in essance ahuge balloon if you like that floats contained in ahuge sponge the weight above it so the bottom line is if they dont manage to cap the flow or they dont get the pressure right in exchanging sediment for oil in essance the weight of the water above will or can cause the sea floor to fracture in such a way that it would in essance disintegrate i guess the word "equalibrium" comes to mind you see what most people fail to realise is that oil is lighter than water and can u imagine the weight of the water above those deposits add to that a shatterd crust that is highly unstable should the equalibrium not be balanced then in essance all that oil and gass fill find its way to the surface i guess it is worst case scenario and im sure i havent explained it properly and i sure do hope this is one disater we can fix and learn from but like most people write when theyve fixed the problem then perhaps for most the glass will be half full again the only reason its half empty is because weve all had enough of wealthy greedy selfish evil men with only there self in mind rapeing and pillageing us and this little bubble we all live on and if nothing else for me the glass is definately going to be half full again as the MASSES the PEOPLE are awakening and expressing them selves for we have all surely had enough already.
and im anglo american so i have no prejadice the british and american people are just the same we have to deal with the same lies and forced control its our governments that have lost the plot

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
MAN MADE TSUNAMI????
my concearn as you mention the sea floor is in fact the history of the region it is stated that the possible asteriod that created the ice age was the one that hit the yucatan peninsula with such force its shock wave enveloped the earth 6 times ,you can actually watch this in the opening sequence to armageddon the point being that the sea floor "crust" in that region must be shatterd like a windshield would shatter but without the laminate to hold it together that said
the oil is below that and above that is the ocean or gulf as its known we are all aware of the depth and imense pressures being the key problem so imagine this the oil and gas is in essance ahuge balloon if you like that floats contained in ahuge sponge the weight above it so the bottom line is if they dont manage to cap the flow or they dont get the pressure right in exchanging sediment for oil in essance the weight of the water above will or can cause the sea floor to fracture in such a way that it would in essance disintegrate i guess the word "equalibrium" comes to mind you see what most people fail to realise is that oil is lighter than water and can u imagine the weight of the water above those deposits add to that a shatterd crust that is highly unstable should the equalibrium not be balanced then in essance all that oil and gass fill find its way to the surface i guess it is worst case scenario and im sure i havent explained it properly and i sure do hope this is one disater we can fix and learn from but like most people write when theyve fixed the problem then perhaps for most the glass will be half full again the only reason its half empty is because weve all had enough of wealthy greedy selfish evil men with only there self in mind rapeing and pillageing us and this little bubble we all live on and if nothing else for me the glass is definately going to be half full again as the MASSES the PEOPLE are awakening and expressing them selves for we have all surely had enough already.
and im anglo american so i have no prejadice the british and american people are just the same its our governments that have lost the plot

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just thought of this...What if they really are going to nuke that well. Dont really know the outcome and are going to evacuate because of this scenario ???

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
Just thought of this...What if they really are going to nuke that well. Dont really know the outcome and are going to evacuate because of this scenario ???

I don't know why everyone is so terrified of the nuclear option. Although it may not be the best way to stop the leak if it was the disadvantages are not as dire as many make it out to be. It will not cause a tsunami and radiation exposure would be minimal. If you are afraid of nuclear radiation along the coast because of a nuclear detonation in the gulf don't go anywhere near Vegas.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If Katrina taught us anything, it's that the next time an evacuation is called, they are going to need some of these in order to enforce such an order:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/759bf9431117.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdatreefrog

Originally posted by fromtheheart66

I don't know why everyone is so terrified of the nuclear option. Although it may not be the best way to stop the leak if it was the disadvantages are not as dire as many make it out to be. It will not cause a tsunami and radiation exposure would be minimal. If you are afraid of nuclear radiation along the coast because of a nuclear detonation in the gulf don't go anywhere near Vegas.

It isn't the radiation, and it isn't the nuke explosion. It is the potential for rupturing the sea floor because the strata below the gulf is more fragile than typical bedrock, and this reservoir has a higher than usual natural gas component.

In addition to the reservoir and the strat problems, we also have the frozen methane hydrate lakes at the bottom of the Gulf. The Tsunami's and devastation would be a result of upsetting and releasing all that stored energy, estimated to be 100,000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima blast.

The Nuke is the least powerful thing down there, but it is like the blasting cap added to the real explosive.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

What an increadibly biggotted remark. Having family there, I know that they are probably smarter, than an average New Yorker. THEY have been, self-sufficient. They, can take-care, of themselves. They don't cry for FEDGOV to "help them", everytime a cloud appears in their life.
IMHO, THAT is why, their region, is being allowed to be completly destroyed. All of those PREVIOUSLY self-employed people, now have their lives destroyed- just by barry & co., sitting on their large fundaments, doing NOTHING. I hope YOU live in a large city- so you will be the first to perish, when the grid goes-down.
BTW- your avatar, is not very represenative of your remarks. How about a 7-figure NWO bankster, at lunch w/his cronies, laughing about ripping-off the "little people".

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Are you remotely aware of how heavy snow is??? Just cause it looks all light and fluffy doesnt necessarily mean its weightless! Trucks with plow heads will do fine.

Though i pray to all who may be listening that this isnt going to happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes, if we learned ANYTHING from Katrina- it is you had better GET-OUT, BEFORE IT BECOMES A POLICE-STSTE OPERATION!
If you leave NOW, you will be able to take your valuables WITH you. If you wait, you lose EVERYTHING!
Start making preparations, NOW! Call family, friends, start making arrangements NOW!
Good Luck, and God's be with you!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vision2010

Are you even remotely aware of how heavy cars are? I've seen a snow plow hit a car. It could NEVER move a PILE of cars.

Considering there are numerous heavy-equipment tractors and whatnot FAR better equipped to push cars out of the way, the speculation seems nonsensical.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ihave read every reply to this thread, and the earlier posts I had made were pertaining to the fact that there are snowplow type vehichles that could clear a roadway rather easily and efficintly.
As for there being such an act taking place as of right now or in the near future, I could not and cannot postulate on it being factual or a bunch of hewey. What I would be concerned with as a stromg and possible scenario would be the evacuations taking place due to air qualities and other issues such as drinking water contaminations and possible Gulf shore shelf collapseing.
For those of you that have posted in regaurds of the strengths of the Rita and Katrina survivor's, I most certainly agree, but when it comes to an issue of breathing toxic air versus a hurricane situation, I suggest you run like hell.
There have been analyzed report's of these scenario's being feasible, and there are hard times coming for a long time in those region's, with out a doubt, but for some of the poster's knocking the victim's of past event's is a bit "Arragant" to say the least. I worked for the N.O> Information Hotline during the aftermath of the huricane Katrina and Rita, some were horrified of the end results, had many a call and conversation's with people that were displaced and litterally lost from families. Even took body count reports from citizen's that discovered such terrible thing's. I hated hearing the bad thing's that were going on at that time and I am sincerely hoping it won't happen again. Tough I would help again, It would sadden me to have to know that there are some thing's that I as an individual wish to change but couldn't due to powers greater than myself.

This is really happening, I know, but it won't be a "Katrina" type of evacuation this time around, it will be what one would call "A thief in the night" compared to fare warning's and strong constitutions of the folk's down there. I am currently searching for a documentary that was played some time ago about a tribe that was situated in some African area next to a resevoir of a small fresh water lake, there were no survivor's of that scenario, they didn't even know what had hit them for it got them while they slept. The whole village was lost, and the after math of the discovery leaves me as a human to know there is a time called "Too little, too late" ending's.
This not ment to scare people of the Gulf States, it is to make them aware of the consequences of not knowung what is around you, and please inquire with the Hazmat facilities to get constant up dates of these toxic clouds, it is better to be safe than sorry.

I hope this isn't the scenario, but would like to stretch a hand to those of the effected states to know this scenario is not impossible.

Southern folks have Honor and very strong Constitution when it comes to pride, and for that I salute you, just be careful of the "Full Monty" of the scenario's that could play out with "This" disaster. "Ciao!"

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Why in the hell dont they just drive a bunch of backhoes and loaders to clean up the sand along the shore? Dump trucks to haul it off?

It would help wouldnt it? I mean yes daily until this can be corrected, can it be corrected?
My heart breaks.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
up here in MN we have some big snow plows... could they push cars off the freeway??... Easily with no problem..

However you could do the same with any large vehicle.. heck a humvee could push most cars around..

If they needed to move cars.. it would not be a hard task .. group of guards people and a few Humvee or deuce and halfs could easily clear a hi way in no time ..

IF they were going to be getting geared up to clear hi-ways they would just beef up the push bars on there existing equipment.

Heck a backhoe could clear cars in a hurry if you didn't care about damaging the cars.. drive down the center and just roll them over into the ditch..

Also if you trying the get out of dodge and you have to abandon your car.. why the heck would you not push it into the ditch?? Im sure the other panic-ed people that are stuck behind you would help you push it off the road so they could get on there way..

hell if i were in that situation id be taking the ditch to get around any traffic..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join