It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Real Reason the Moon Program was Cancelled

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
amabO is just another puppet president. At first I didnt know cause there were some things he did right. If not right, better than that retard Fush. But heres my evidence of how the system is becoming more twisted and evil than ever. I knew all along of course cause you cant get in power unless you're owned, and thats how its always been. BTW I'm missing things I'm sure, feel free to point out what I didn't!

----------------------

There is being pushed in congress...

a bill to make google searching illegal

www.dailytech.com...

and------------------

a bill to shut down any part of the internet

www.thedailybeast.com...

----------------------

I always hated the cancellation of the moon program, along with a LOT of people including some in congress. But its part of the bigger picture isnt it?


Nasas budget is 18.9b in 2010. and 100b from 2011-2015. Available here www.nasa.gov...

The amabO administration is cancelling the moon program, even though they dont have the authority to do that (theyre still trying to pass the new budget past congress). The annual budget increases every year, and more than to account for inflation. The reason for cancelling the moon mission? It was behind schedule, they wanna study earth, plus invest in new propulsions. And they want to invest in commercial options for getting to space, but theyre asking for extra money. And only 6b. and only 500m in 2011 which is laughable, not to mention its already happening no thanks to nasa. I can whole-heartedly agree with new propulsions. Duh. But "Accelerating the next wave of climate change research and >observations< spacecraft" is the second highest invested in of all their programs. Climate change and earth studies. And of course developing that tech.


Let me ask you a dumb question? In which direction are those proposed satellites going to be pointed?

Correct, at earth.

So during his administration, Nasa is going FBI. And thats besides all the spy satellites which have been put up recently. I'm afraid that its all part of the enslavement of Americans en masse. This is too big. We're just sitting here watching our freedom being systematically stripped.

And its deep. All encompassing. Multi-faceted and coming from every angle.


Why are we not doing something about it all?




posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mav0360
amabO is just another puppet president.

OK, I see your hatred towards Obama. Fine, it's a democratic country. But for God's sake at least spell his name right. It's an insult. Would you like me calling you 0630vam? Or if your name was D R UTARU and I spelt it backwards as U R A TURD?!


I thought these were niceties for civilized people to follow?



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Don't blame Obama canceling the constellation program. It was NASA that kept on asking for more money and they NEVER even had a design to the moon lander ready. All they had ready was a wannabe spaceship with old rockets dated back to the 60's and the design even looked like the Apollo rockets.


This is one of the reasons why I back Obama for and glad he didn't continue to waste a sink hole program on more of our tax dollars. Let them suffer like the rest of us folk in these dark times.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Don't blame Obama canceling the constellation program. It was NASA that kept on asking for more money and they NEVER even had a design to the moon lander ready. All they had ready was a wannabe spaceship with old rockets dated back to the 60's and the design even looked like the Apollo rockets.


This is one of the reasons why I back Obama for and glad he didn't continue to waste a sink hole program on more of our tax dollars. Let them suffer like the rest of us folk in these dark times.



I will have to disagree with you, I know quite a few people who were working on the constellation program and they did have a design and Obama came in and shut it down. He promised one thing and just like they knew he would do, he went back on it. He promised to hire people back well that is NOT happening, more and more are getting laid off. Obama has no idea what he is talking about with the Space Program, I bet he has never even cared to watch a launch or even read up on the program.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The constellation program was far from perfect. We sure do not need another 20t rocket (Ares I). With Ares I and shuttle now cancelled, NASA has more funds to support commercial vehicles, new technologies like fuel depots and VASIMR and most importantly - an unmanned heavy launch vehicle.
Thats why I believe Obamas program is a better choice, under current funding.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maslo]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maslo]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In light of the charges being laid against the potus and others here, I don't think it is necessary to be polite...

Being polite to good folks is fine, but not to traitors like the current ptb in DC

They sure aren't being polite to American civilians are they? with what the OP is saying that they are doing to us...

An unpolished post doesn't render it less truthful... The OP didn't mispell obama he spelled it backwards... maybe to show Obama as being someone who does the opposite of his promises? not sure...anyway... spelling obama's name backwards for that reason makes perfect sense...



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver


I will have to disagree with you, I know quite a few people who were working on the constellation program and they did have a design and Obama came in and shut it down. He promised one thing and just like they knew he would do, he went back on it. He promised to hire people back well that is NOT happening, more and more are getting laid off. Obama has no idea what he is talking about with the Space Program, I bet he has never even cared to watch a launch or even read up on the program.


I'll go one step further and say that Obama doesnt even have a basic understanding of astronomy. I'd bet he couldnt even list the planets in order from Mercury outwards. Hell he may not have even known that Mars had any moons until his administration decided to nix sending people there.

this is a guy who once said that we have 52 states or whatever.

long story short, he is an idiot and a puppet figurehead. I blame the people behind the scenes for snipping up the space program.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance of the United States (which in my opinion does not appear very United).

Why on earth to they need a budget of billions to go to moon?

Back in the sixties they had some good weed, not a huge amount of electronics, not even an XT-PC, nevermind the computing power we have today. They did not have the propulsion systems we have today, they did not have the ability to map and trace space junk, asteroids, etc. etc.... still they climbed in their tin-foil suits and claim to have flown to the moon, played a bit of golf, and returned safely. They didn't have billions of dollars, technology from all the nations and scientists combined (remember that Russia was not talking to them back then).

So, if we made any headway in science and technology, why are they struggling so much to get back to the moon? Good lord, with all the money, technology today, they should be visiting the moon at least on a yearly basis!!

Or might it be that the denialists are correct... maybe they never had the skills to make it to the moon the first time around ?



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i realize the program was far from perfect. i'm just noting the coincidences. but its hard to argue that a moon base wouldnt be good for us, and all of humanity.

and i spelled amabo correctly. go join his fan club, fed. he's the same as fush. just a different suit on.

and you guys can only be mad about my amabo bashing, caused you damn sure cant argue with my point. that now its mass control.

we're in deep boys and girls



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old_RSA
Please excuse my ignorance of the United States (which in my opinion does not appear very United).

Why on earth to they need a budget of billions to go to moon?

Back in the sixties they had some good weed, not a huge amount of electronics, not even an XT-PC, nevermind the computing power we have today. They did not have the propulsion systems we have today, they did not have the ability to map and trace space junk, asteroids, etc. etc.... still they climbed in their tin-foil suits and claim to have flown to the moon, played a bit of golf, and returned safely. They didn't have billions of dollars, technology from all the nations and scientists combined (remember that Russia was not talking to them back then).

So, if we made any headway in science and technology, why are they struggling so much to get back to the moon? Good lord, with all the money, technology today, they should be visiting the moon at least on a yearly basis!!

Or might it be that the denialists are correct... maybe they never had the skills to make it to the moon the first time around ?


There was much more money spent on Apollo than NASA spends today. Technologicaly we have made little advance in spaceflight. Todays powerful computers are not what you need in space.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo
 


hey guess what. the money theyre putting into commercial space flight was asked for extra. on top of the normal budget. as in it doesnt have anything to do with the budget. follow my links

and Old_RSA, thats an excellent question. s+f. i do think they went to the moon back then (i could figure it out too with unlimited resources). but yeah. where is all that money going? holy crap. there are probably a great many things we dont know about how our money is spent. and no we're not very united usually (except about clubbing baby seals lol, we're all against that). but thats the double-sidedness of the coin called freedom



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by dragnet53
Don't blame Obama canceling the constellation program. It was NASA that kept on asking for more money and they NEVER even had a design to the moon lander ready. All they had ready was a wannabe spaceship with old rockets dated back to the 60's and the design even looked like the Apollo rockets.


This is one of the reasons why I back Obama for and glad he didn't continue to waste a sink hole program on more of our tax dollars. Let them suffer like the rest of us folk in these dark times.



I will have to disagree with you, I know quite a few people who were working on the constellation program and they did have a design and Obama came in and shut it down. He promised one thing and just like they knew he would do, he went back on it. He promised to hire people back well that is NOT happening, more and more are getting laid off. Obama has no idea what he is talking about with the Space Program, I bet he has never even cared to watch a launch or even read up on the program.



In this video it sure doesn't seem they had one ready.



[edit on 2-7-2010 by dragnet53]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It is time that all of you in the USofA realize that Obama, is probably the only one in your country that have brains and uses common sense.

Rather than duplicating world's efforts in reaching the moon, where now almost every respectable country is flying to too, it is much better to focus efforts on Mars etc. On the moon program, work together with the Russians, Chinese, Japanese and Indian scientists, to meet budgets.

We got to learn and accept that the world has become one global village, and that mankind have to realize to enlighten beyond us primitive barbarians that ONLY through that goal, of collective worldwide efforts, we all will much better off.

There is no more cold war right now, so no need for showing muscle, to prove your system is better than theirs.

That only would be small children's act...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by GeosAlien]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mav0360
 


There is about 1 billion added to Earth sciences in the new budget. Id like to see it invested in space exploration, too, but it is not such a big deal. Other than that, the new budget makes a much better use of the money than Constellation did.

It will be at least a decade before we routinely fly commercial vehicles and heavy launchers. Then it will be an apropiate time to choose a mission, either to an asteroid or even to the Moon. Obama will not be a president forever, and nothing is set in stone yet. But his plan to develop sustainable and technologicaly and budgetary sane solution to do space exploration will remain.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Old_RSA
 


yes, they used cheap equipment and now they have advanced technology, but they still can't go back? It makes me truly wonder if we did not go.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Old_RSA
 


Did you post this, without doing any research whatsoever???


Why on earth to they need a budget of billions to go to moon?


Serious?


Answering President Kennedy's challenge and landing men on the moon by the end of 1969 required the most sudden burst of technological creativity, and the largest commitment of resources ($24 billion), ever made by any nation in peacetime. At its peak, the Apollo program employed 400,000 people and required the support of over 20,000 industrial firms and universities.


en.wikipedia.org...



They did not have the propulsion systems we have today...


We're STILL using the same basics, in propulsion technologies!! There is not yet (approved for manned spaceflight) any very exotic "new" tech.



... they did not have the ability to map and trace space junk...


Wrong. AND, it was the 1960s!!! How much artifically introduced "space junk" do you think was there, when we'd only just started???


But, then you really got silly:


...still they climbed in their tin-foil suits and claim to have flown to the moon, played a bit of golf, and returned safely.


Way to go...shall I bother to help you deny the ignorance, or just leave you to wallow in it? Look up (you can do it online) details of the EVA suit construction. NOT "tin-foil"...that's insulting, and ignorant. The "golf" jab is also insulting...and demeaning....



They didn't have billions of dollars, technology...


See above....



So, if we made any headway in science and technology, why are they struggling so much to get back to the moon?


Some of you seem to have an impossibly rosy opinion of just WHAT is possible, even today...a bit of actual research into the difficulty of the heavy lift power needed would be useful for you (and for everyone).

Manned spaceflight is very, very dangerous, inherently. It was back then, it is today (obviously). BUT, back then, the attitudes were a little different --- the corps of Astronauts were test pilots at heart, and they were risk takers.

Nothing against any current of aspiring Astronauts today...but the need for safety is ever more paramount. This adds a LOT to the expense, and it is always a compromise...adding safety features adds weight, reduces payload, increases thrust requirements for lift to orbit, and then escape to Trans-Lunar injection velocity... it's a vicious cycle.

In the 1960s there was more creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, and a can-do attitude....the culture is different today, and EVERYTHING gets bogged down in oversight committee, and second-guessing, and the costs skyrocket (pun).

You should read a few of the books written by, or about, the people involved in Apollo....and the entire manned space program, from Mercury to the Space Shuttle....a post on an internet website doesn't do the topic justice, requires a lot more detail than can be delivered here.....




[edit on 2 July 2010 by weedwhacker]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by mav0360
 


There is about 1 billion added to Earth sciences in the new budget. Id like to see it invested in space exploration, too, but it is not such a big deal. Other than that, the new budget makes a much better use of the money than Constellation did.

It will be at least a decade before we routinely fly commercial vehicles and heavy launchers. Then it will be an apropiate time to choose a mission, either to an asteroid or even to the Moon. Obama will not be a president forever, and nothing is set in stone yet. But his plan to develop sustainable and technologicaly and budgetary sane solution to do space exploration will remain.


1st, if i was disrespectful in my last post i apologize. thanks for not reciprocating, we should all be so truth-seeking and respectful.

2nd, do you not think that this proposal will go through? i know its not set in stone. but it is set in stone. but nasa has already, ILLEGALLY, reallocated funds and terminated contracts. its already done. done and gone. done. set in stone.

3rd, i think the money situation was a clusterf*** and it needed to change. the money for earth science is now (2011-2015) from 1b to 1.8b each year about. i think we should be learning about earth. i think we should be developing propulsion. i think manned space flight is ultimately a commercial and private sector thing.

that said, there're a mind boggling number of attacks to our freedom right now. and i know this post was not perfect and i apologize. but i put it in the conspiracy section for a reason. if all i was speaking about was "why arent we going to the moon?" i wouldve posted in a different section. i'm simply stating that this is just another of the hydras heads. just another way to get more funds pouring into the slavery machine which is the govt. and while all we're concentrating on is this oil spill, whens the last time cnn or fox even talked about any real issues? has anyone heard of these bills theyre trying to pass on tv? anyone at all? even once? all i hear about is the oil. what a perfect false flag sleight-of-hand-catalyst.

its all bs!



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of space, but I'm cool with canceling a program that would send men to the moon.

Things aren't especially good in America. People are demanding that the government "trim the fat". This is just what they're doing. They're giving you want you, the people, have asked for. It's how democracy works.

Now is not the time for more wasteful spending.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
I'm a big fan of space, but I'm cool with canceling a program that would send men to the moon.

Things aren't especially good in America. People are demanding that the government "trim the fat". This is just what they're doing. They're giving you want you, the people, have asked for. It's how democracy works.

Now is not the time for more wasteful spending.


cutting space flight is not trimming the fat. the government IS the fat that needs to be trimmed. space flight is cheap compared to putting all these charlatans in mercedes benzes. and spending money on our own enslavement. spending our money to keep us under control. we the people



posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mav0360
 


Yes, they are cutting some contracts already, but those are Constellation and shuttle related contracts, and that makes it a good thing - those programs need to be cancelled. By not being set in stone I meant the choice of a mission itself - either to an asteroid, a flyby of Mars or Venus or mission to the Moon are all still a possibility - thats why the new program is called "a flexible path".

But we NEED launch vehicles first. First part of a Constellation program was supposed, among other things, to develop these launch vehicles (Ares I and V), but for various reasons, it was a bad approach. Obamas program makes better use of the money, and I think we will have a new launch vehicle sooner under Obamas progam than we would under Constellation.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join