It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE most overlooked medical conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

We also know that the cannabis plant contains in excess of 60 active compounds that likely possess distinctive therapeutic properties. These include THC, THCV, CBD, THCA, CBC, and CBG, among others. In fact, a recent review by Raphael Mechoulam and colleagues identifies nearly 30 separate therapeutic effects — including anti-cancer properties, anti-diabetic properties, neuroprotection, and anti-stroke properties — in cannabinoids other than THC. Most recently, a review by researchers in Germany reported that since 2005 there have been 37 controlled studies assessing the safety and efficacy of cannabinoids, involved a total of 2,563 subjects. By contrast, most FDA-approved drugs go through far fewer trials involving far fewer subjects.

blog.norml.org...

I don't really think there is much to say, if you read the full article they sum it up pretty well. I just don't understand how this plant has such a stigma surrounding it, so much so that this very open minded website frowns upon discussion.

With so many uses it's quite clear that this plant could heavily damage the pill industry America has grown to love. Why think when you can pop a pill and turn into a robot. I really could probably write for hours and don't even know where to begin.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a judicial system that makes sense. This of course is not anywhere near the only problem but that is a whole different post...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Back in college, I was assigned to debate the Pro side of legalization, and won the debate mainly by pointing out, as I found in researching medical studies of said material, that the last government study up to that point (1989) was back in 1973, and found NO harmful side effects, and several therapeutic uses possible.

Our teacher assigned the topic, which I found unusual.

Those crazy kids from the 60's!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Good luck with the thread, you will need it.

The PTB want all the money.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide

Its more about the issue with Hemp...

So many gains from Hemp but too many that don't want to see them in our world..

Its not about the drug side.. More about the Fuel and Industrial side.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i was under the impression that the Cannibis ban world-wide was a political - social imperative rather than a medical issue

the pro's try to use the medicinal properties of cannibis as the only loophole to try to repeal the global treaty that condems marijuana.

i think the cabals of control freaks knew that cannibis is a rightious sacrement, and hence the demonization under a cloud of lies & misinformation

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

There's somethings that can't be over looked.

Hemp is amazing for pretty much everything from clothes and fuel to medicine and tea. However it's not perfect.

Some people who are predisposed to mental illness do have negative side effects, they really do.

However I'm not sure if this is because the modern home grown strains are modified to have less CBD (I think that's its name) and more THC. The CBD cancels out negative psychotic effects.

I do agree though that the world would be a better place if we educated ourselves on the plant and embraced it as a major tool in society.

On a side note, hemp seeds are a brilliant bait for winter fishing.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by and14263]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Its more about the issue with Hemp...

So many gains from Hemp but too many that don't want to see them in our world..

Its not about the drug side.. More about the Fuel and Industrial side.

Yes this is true .
Like with the petroleum and fossil fuel conspiracy , If they supported this then alot of rich and powerful people would lose alot of money .

Its quite sad actually .
This greed is everywhere and it truly makes me ashamed of our world .

Omega

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm pro-legalization purely so that the potheads won't have anything to complain about for a while.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Was without internet for awhile right after I posted this.... To reply to many of the things above this post.

1st - Hemp and Cannabis plants are 2 very different plants, although they are related and yes hemp has so many uses it really would be tough to list them all without forgetting many.

2nd - Whether you believe there is medical value or not really shouldn't be the issue in this debate. Cannabis does have medical value, this has been proven over and over again. Again, though, that isn't the point.

The point is that this plant isn't harmful. Any "harmful" effects are no where near as bad as the many drugs that are readily available, including alcohol. Cannabis also is used by MANY as a way to relax your mind and ease the stress from this very stressful society we are pretty much forced to deal with.
Marijuana users ARE NOT criminals, yes some marijuana users may be criminals but marijuana isn't what makes them a criminal. It doesn't make sense that we are arresting people for being in possession of this plant, it makes me want to leave this nanny state...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The ban on Canabis is Social and Economical.

If you legalize pot then your legalizing hemp, which would put about half a dozen different industries out of business.

Oil Industry.
Textile
Paper
Some level of the construction industry.

This is why it is still illegal

~Keeper

top topics

join