It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Lets Mexico Have Voice in Court Case Against U.S. Immigration Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Judge Lets Mexico Have Voice in Court Case
Against U.S. Immigration Law

Mexico gets its say in one of the lawsuits challenging Arizona's
immigration enforcement law.

A federal judge on Thursday granted Mexico's request to be allowed to file
a legal brief supporting the challenge. That means the judge will consider
the brief Mexico submitted previously.

Mexico says it wants to defend its citizens' rights and that the law would
lead to racial profiling and hinder trade and tourism. It also says the law
would hinder work against drug trafficking and related violence.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
well I guess Mexico is part of the US now!!!
They are getting legal representation in
American Courts and a US Judge has allowed it.

But i think they made a mistake in their title.
I think it should read:

against Arizona's Immigration Law
not US Immigration Law.

but that's the way it was printed.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I suspect this has something to do with NAFTA, which is a treaty between The U.S. and Mexico, and for this reason, Mexico has a palpable interest in the Arizona law, and how that directly affects the treaty. Of course, as long as the AZ legislation can withstand Constitutional muster, the treaty becomes moot.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I suspect this has something to do with NAFTA, which is a treaty between The U.S. and Mexico, and for this reason, Mexico has a palpable interest in the Arizona law, and how that directly affects the treaty. Of course, as long as the AZ legislation can withstand Constitutional muster, the treaty becomes moot.

Great !!!
We don't need NAFTA anyway.
I was against it from the beginning
when Ross Perot warned us about it.
He was right and everybody thought he was
a fool. I didn't .... I voted for him

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
civil wars have been started for much less.

if this isnt grounds for secession i dont know what is. a foreign country working with the federal arm of the government against a state? tell me what the point of the union is if this kind of crap goes down.

Arizona should declare its independence. i woulnt blame them...they are being overrun...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Whaaaat?

to quote an unappreciated document:

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

and

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Since when do other countries have a say in the laws of any of our states?

I just love this part of the article:

But Mexico said it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens' rights and that Arizona's law would lead to racial profiling, hinder trade and tourism, and strain the countries' work on combating drug trafficking and related violence.

Yes, because they've done such a wonderful job of combating drug trafficking and related violence in the past.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

"Great !!!
We don't need NAFTA anyway.
I was against it from the beginning
when Ross Perot warned us about it.
He was right and everybody thought he was
a fool. I didn't .... I voted for him "

Ditto! Me too!
Wouldn't NAFTA be a deal between the federal governments of Mexico and USA, not Mexico and the State of Arizona? Is Arizona bound by NAFTA?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That is utter nonsense. Mexico has ZERO right to have any say in things related to America.

Its time to keep the illegal immigrants out, and with them, Mexico's uncontrollable drug war. Instead of worrying about Arizona, perhaps they should concentrate on taking care of the cartels?

21 dead after shootout near border in Mexico - CNN
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What a load of bunk!!!!
Honestly, who really cares what Mexico has to say on the subject? As we all know, they are not and have never been a part of the United States.....so what gives???

The U.S. has gone crazy, this is madness.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There are so many things wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin. America's retarded brother (Mexico) has no right to judge when it's pretty clear that if their country wasn't riddled with so much corruption, poverty, and drug-related violence it's citizens probably wouldn't be risking life, limb, and freedom just to sneak in our country. If they had their ducks in a row we wouldn't have that much of an illegal immigration problem to begin with. Arizona's new policies are really extreme, perhaps too extreme, but I also understand that the citizens of the state are at their wits end......whatever, this is really irritating.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Mexico should have ZERO to say about matters that are internal to the US. Our leaders are the biggest suck ups I have ever seen. Political correctness is a corrosive acid that is being poured on your genitals daily. Enough was enough about 10 frickin years ago. NAFTA was the first nail in our coffin and will be remembered as the determining factor in how the USA was turned into the laughing stock that is is today.

I am damn proud to be an American, but I am ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED with America.

Hey Mexico, MYOFB and fix your house before you worry about mine.

How on earth did we elect so many dumbasses at the same time?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
well I think it's a common consensus that
this is just entirely wrong and illegal.
I am so fed up with this BS.
Our tree of liberty needs refreshing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This development could possibly work out in AZ's favor, since it looks like it could be a great appeal point if the state loses this suit.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That Judge has to go, and he has to go PUBLICLY! Get this information to the Tea Parties. Get this Judge's info out to the public and watch him go down in flames at the next election, and that way all the other lawmakers and judges can see what will happen if they ignore the Constitution, and the people!

Please don't somebody tell me this Judge was appointed to some undetermined term, or lifetime appointment? Surely we still elect these guys right?

new topics

top topics

join