It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic field related to ghost thought/question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

I was thinking the other day about the whole EMF/ghost explanation usually given by these ghost hunter t.v. shows. They seem to write off the experiences of the witnesses when they find an area with a high electromagnetic field reading.

I understand that it is known that high EMF produces various effects on living things, but at the same time, the theory is that ghosts need energy to interact with us. Sooo.......wouldn't the chance of paranormal activity happening around a leakage in energy be more prevalent?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would think so. Also, don't spirits give off a certain amount of this energy themselves? So when an area is high in EMF some of it could be coming from the spirit.

From what I've seen on the ghost hunter types of shows out there, they don't know as much as they try to portray. Some are ok, but some of them seem quite clueless as to what could really be going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniknej
Wouldn't the chance of paranormal activity happening around a leakage in energy be more prevalent?

Yes, that would logically follow. And as a result, you'd expect to see all kinds of ghosts and spooks and demons hanging around high tension lines or power distribution stations, sucking off energy. But you apparently don't.

Also, these ghost programs also tend to blame high EMF for itchy skin, hallucinations, and all kinds of other psychological problems, when the available research suggests EMF fields have very little effect, if any, on people.

See, this is one of those things that make me roll my eyes
when any of these programs claim to be doing "scientific" research on the subject. A scientific test would be to go to these places, vary the EMF, and monitor whether or not you had an increase or decrease in paranormal activity. But that might be a little boring.

Personally, I think that if there was a way for some kind of consciousness or personality matrix to exist without a body, it'll have to be in some kind of field that is more coherent (?) than an electrical field. I don't know what that would be, though. We're pretty good at measuring EMF, but not so much with something like a morphogenic field or some other kind of time-spanning latency or anticipatory (?) field. We might be able to detect some of these kinds of fields with dowsing or pendulums, but the effect is so slight and variable (and incorporating too much human interaction) to be of any scientific value.

Maybe someday some kind of paranormal version of Michael Faraday will figure a way to accurately detect and amplify this stuff. That could be interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

LOL! Yes, i have always thought about power stations and high tension lines.

But really though, why wouldn't they try to get evp's from the area instead of writing it off as "oh, high emf....that's the cause." It is very irritating as a viewer.

Thank you guy's for your responses. Happy Fourth of July!

top topics

join