It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair wins 2010 Liberty Medal award for work on peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Blair will receive the medal from a previous winner, Bill Clinton, at a ceremony on Philadelphia's Independence Mall on 13 September. Other winners include Bono, Nelson Mandela, Hamid Karzai, CNN and – last year – director Steven Spielberg.

Blair's peace efforts in the Middle East presumably don't encompass his support for the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. Philadelphia blogger Duncan Black noted: "I guess Tony Blair won this for his success in helping to liberate souls from the earthly existence."

www.guardian.co.uk...

One of George Bush's last acts as US president in 2009 was to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Blair.

These peace awards,this and Nobel Peace Prize, looks like a who's who of war mongers...

Clinton, Obama and Blair...

What have these guys done to be awarded Peace Prizes???

You really have to wonder who is on the boards that award these things...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The elite support and promote the other elite. Gotta love it. Gotta love these bank employee leaders we have running the world today.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Coolaid

Agree, but surely the people are smart enough to see through that and say, WTF? Why would you award a peace prize to a guy who started a war on flimsy,manufactured facts??

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The same reason Obama has already recieved the Nobel peace prize. Everyone questions this stuff except for the media. We are just the only ones talking about it in a public forum.

I dont want to bring up old news but what is going on for real?

Obama gets Nobel Peace prize, now this? Are these world leaders in cahoots or sometings?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Coolaid

Lets not forget Kissenger won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973...

Seems the more you encourage wars, the more Peace Prizes you get...

Makes my head spin..

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Tony, Tony, Tony!

The man who is so hated in the UK that he can't go anywhere without a Scotland Yard body guard which is costing the country millions.

Everybody gets their 'just deserts' sooner or even later, but it always, always, always catches up with them, one way or another.

I'm sad for Tony.

I suspect that he lives every moment of his life in abject terror, discomfort and anxiety.

I wouldn't want his money for the world as the price is far too high.

How he sleeps at night.....well, who knows!

I feel a great deal of pity for him as he appears to be a tortured man as I suspect somewhere behind that painted on grin is a man so terrified and berated by his own, well hidden conscience, that his days are filled with something resembling dread.

Sooner or later will come KARMA!

I wish him only the best......but I fear he himself will be his own worst enemy!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I sincerely hope your post was just sarcasm....

The man will reap what he has (and continues) to sow...

Dont cry for him..He is making millions from his wars...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is just as stupid as giving Obama peace prize what total idiots.

The world as gone MAD the only thing Blair should get is the death penalty.

The man is a liar and god knows how many have died because of this scum unbelievable.

They will be handing medals out to bankers next

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
"I guess Tony Blair won this for his success in helping to liberate souls from the earthly existence."

Most probably.

Sick how twisted all this stuff is, and its like they just laugh that the public see it for what it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
You really have to wonder who is on the boards that award these things...

I really have to wonder why you posted this in the Area 51 forum.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Tony Blair is a baby killer, he supported the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and new that they were killing innocent women and children. If I walked past him lying on the street on fire I would not even p*ss on him to put the fire out; I hope you BURN in hell you scum sucking f*cktard.

Oh and to all those that support him and think Blair and Obama deserve their peace awards, just wait, it won't be long before their actions start to kill off your families!

To everyone else in the world, peace and love

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Obama is single handidly driving the Bush/Blair regime back into public favor.

top topics

join