It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Voices Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hello people. I have had a weird event happen to me just a few minutes ago. I am wondering if anyone has any information or experience with this. I'll try to post the very details so that people can help me try and figure this out.

I was in bed, in my small bedroom with my water machine on and it was all dark and nice and I was sleeping very soundly, which usually doesn't happen at night since I'm a night shift worker(orderly at the hospital). My wife sleeps in a different room because our kids sleep with her and it is miserable to even try and fight a 2 year old kicking me on my very few nights that I am home. I can usually hear her and the kids though and am a somewhat light sleeper so that I can pop up and help with our one month old son.

"bill....BIIIILLLL....BIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL...bil....BIIILLLL.....BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLL"

So, here I am sleeping having a dream about of all things...taking a body of a small lady to the morgue! seriously. And halfway to the morgue I get stuck in somekind of pile of laundry with this body, alone. Then in the dream, I begin analyzing how when the anti-christ system comes we won't be able to fight it, only be able to resist it, because even if it is evil it is still a tool that God is going to use...Just a dream, right. Then I hear my wife yelling for me as if she is having a hard time with our son. At first, I thinks it is in the dream, but it persists as I begin to wake up and I snap to my feet and run into her bed room. She is fast asleep. Now I'm creeped out.

I try to think what might bring something like this on. I did for the first time have a massage today, only because it was a gift. Which she(therapist) was a little fruity. She asked me to breathe in a color and acted like she could read my "energy", which she was totally wwwrong, but I agreed with her anyways since she was rubbing. One thought is that maybe she damaged my carotid arteries because she rubbed my neck, but I feel fine now. But more likely, I think it was something else. In her room when the massage was over, I was looking around, pretty disturbed by all the eastern religion stuff in the room, and how she was all into newage healing crap, and there on a little shelf was a picture of Jesus. Just as I looked at his picture my phone turned on by itself. Weird.

Now, I have had stuff like this happen before, mostly when I am alone in the daytime. Stuff like waking up paralyzed and watching shadows move around the room, as well a persistent knocking on my bedroom door. But this all has went away since I became a Christian. Seriously. I still have insanely, morbid, terrifying dreams though, probably because I'm around the Emergency Room action and taking people to the morgue all the time, and I work in a psych unit too. I used to be more open about spirits and read all the books about ghosts and communicating with them and crap like that. But since I got "saved" and started reading the Bible, I only communicate with God through prayer. Since that time I haven't had any mischeivious problem trying to waking me up until tonight.

SOOOOO...I'm hoping for a little advice, observations, similar stories? I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone, just trying to fill in some details so I can give you people a good picture of whats going on. Am I crazy? Voices..ME..Really?

*I have also had problems a few years ago with electronic baby toys playing with themselves, both at my house and when I was younger at my wife's house. This has stopped too since I became a Christian...Not trying to push my faith, just saying that is when it ceased for me. about September 09.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Bilw85]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What a dream, if it was a dream. I have had dreams that I cannot make sense of and sometimes it scares the crap out of me. In fact, I cant remember any of my dreams except the weird ones.

My opinion is that these dreams are simply part of your consciousness "relieving stress" due to your job and the baby. I know the stress that comes from the babies. Hidden fears or desires could also be it.

Do you have any deep regrets that you struggle with that you feel God has not forgiven?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Since you are now a christian, I'd say talk to your minister/pastor/priest. Something odd is def goin on and talkin to one of the aboved will give you at least some piece of mind. You have kids too so this is somethin you should consider.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think everyone has regrets. I regret every night when the day ends, I feel as though I have wasted another day of my life. I have huge plans to help people and really serve God in a way that others can see his goodness through me, but I am fatigues to the point I can't think when I get my opportunity.

And as for my pastor, I don't have one currently. I'm between churches. Infact, church shopping so that me and my wife are both at home where we decide to settle. I was going to a fundamental Baptist, but my wife was having a hard time there so we are looking for something we can both agree on.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Sounds like you're still willing to allow the attachment of 'entities' to you. I say entities but I really mean demons.

If, prior to Christianity, you delved in such things you may have brought the attachments on in a benign way. Now that you are Christian the process of de-attaching may be wrought with some extreme experiences.

I also note that you work in a Psych Ward, if there is ever a place to accidentally get attached that would be the place. Sounds like you are susceptible and even vulnerable right now.

You need to actively exercise them. Say your prayers openly about them. Such as, "Our Father", there it specifically says "deliver us from evil". You might even just usher your own prayer like, "be off with you demons, I detach you in the name of Jesus our Lord and Savior". It is not a one time deal and must be dealt with daily in my opinion.

My demons are getting tired of me and seem to be less of a nuisance than ever before, yours will too and eventually they will say to themselves, "this one is lost to God, no sense in messing with him" LOL

I do like your dream though. The thought that you were ushering a person to the morgue was like delivering them to Heaven, perhaps you are a go-between for the lost ones who wanted to believe in Christ but doubted themselves. In your dream they may come to you to help them get where they need to go.

As for the therapist, you can go through 20 before you find a legitimate real one, this one sounds like all the bells and whistles of the trappings of demons.

Time to look for a new massage therapist; I would recommend a good old fashioned Swedish Sports therapist rather than the esoteric kind.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I am a massage therapist, so I can pretty much gaurantee that she did not "injure" you. We go through extensive schooling and training, and state licensing boards to be able to do what we do.

Since this was your first massage- AHA! This is your first time then- experiencing your body- experiencing your body realign itself with its energy points and meridians-- all things that you may believe are useless "mumbo jumbo" but I assure you they are real and exist.

What happened- is that your body's vibration accelerated during your massage. This is an energetic merging with your chakras- and this is a very spiritual experience. Whether or not you were consious of feeling anything- it did happen and happens each and every time I give a massage to someone or receive a massage.

When your energy points in your body are realigned through massage, and she was obviously an energy worker (i am aswell) working with color in your body- she helped open up your Crown Chakra which helps connect you to the spirit world- the otherside etc.

In all likely hood it might of been a Spirit Guide, deceased family member saying hello, or another spirit just passing by. The dream you had was likely your minds way of processing out all the "junk" energy vibrations that your body let go of today.

I hope you get more massages in the future. It will open your mind and heart in amazing ways

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

I wouldn't worry at all unless this continues on for some time. For disclosure purposes, I have a Master's in Psychology but am not a licensed therapist.

A lot of what you described can be attributed to anxiety, so that's one part to keep in mind.

I think the massage could have had A LOT to do with this! I've done energy work for a few decades and it's not uncommon at all to see someone have a reaction anytime from immediate cathartic reaction to up to three days later. Changing the energy in the body (proven factual energy flow, not new age hype) especially a first massage or energy work session in a while can stir up a lot of emotions, repressed/suppressed memories, etc.

Being a Christian means you have a set of beliefs which is for the most part created by you! You refer to the Bible and pastors but you keep some and throw some out, believe some is factual and some is myth or anecdotal. This is even more true because you've only been a Christian for a year.

Try not to be uncomfortable with energy work or things like that; they've been around for over 3,000 years and provable in peer-reviewed scientific studies as well as acupuncture. Healing arts are even mentioned in the Book of Thomas, which was left out of the Bible and not discovered until the Dead Sea Scrolls were unearthed, but likely was orignally part of the collective works of teh Bible.

To address the main issue you brought up, trust your instincts, say some prayers if you feel like it, ask your family how they feel. I can't imagine you're getting enough sleep with two young kids and overnight job. Take care of your diet, no coffee before bed - all that stuff ya know and if they weird things keep on for more than a few days talk to someone about it - even the "fruity" masseus

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Continue to build your personal relationship with Christ the King. In His presence all things are created. Peace, understanding, protection. He has overcome the world.

Once you accepted Him, His Holy Spirit is with you, and will comfort you, and teach you all things. Ask Him. He is yours now, as you are His. No priest is necessary, just as no marriage needs any else but the two involved.

I am praying for you and your family, and incidentally, the poster who mentioned the attachment from your work environment, I do agree with, based on the experiences of others I have spoken to.

Send "it" on its way. Order it, and then stand your ground. The authority is yours, given when you submitted to Christ. We bow to Him, He lifts us up.

Courage in Christ, brother, and welcome to His kingdom!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
depression with psychotic features

Psychotic depression Symptoms

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils...

Use your authority. Sanctify your home - out-loud.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Whatever is happening,think of it as a chance to excercise your faith! Acknowledge that "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world."
(1 John 4:4)
His peace is a sure sign that He is with us.

This may sound crazy,but I feel the veil between these "worlds" is getting thinner,with the workings of Satan with his "lying signs and wonders" should cause us to be ever more vigilant and prepare to confront "the enemy" with all the strength of the Lord working in us and through us.

Though I,too am a Christian,I still experience some "unexplainable" things from time to time,so don't think you're going to be immune. If anything,I would expect for you to be under attack more than before. For people not already following Christ,Satan already has them where he wants them. You,on the other hand,would be a fun challenge to try to bring down or to cause fear to replace the peace the Lord supplies. Know what I mean?

Claim victory in He who has already overcome,and pray with diligence,turning all things over Him and asking for His protection and grace to sustain and endure all things,with wisdom and humility and discernment of the Holy Spirit.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6:12)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It sounds to me like your nightmares are consistent with your job. I would be dreaming of dead things and morgues too if I worked close to one. Working around the psych ward doesn't help either.

If you only have "things" trying to call you, or knocking on your door, I would just openly tell them to go away. Yell at them if you have to. They aren't physical. I used to have dreams where something would be trying to rip my soul out of my dream body. They were scary. But when I awoke everything was fine.

You work around death and unstable people. The best thing is to know yourself and make it known to whatever entity that might be around you, that you aren't going to put up with it. Period. Intention and strength are most important. It has worked for me, I have even woke up swearing at these things to get the he!! away from me. I don't get bugged very much any more. Although they are my only form of nightmare.

Being Christian has no bearing on supernatural stuff, if that is even the issue. These things were around before Christ. And not all spirits are bad either, some are helpful, some are playful, some are just there. Don't be scared, it feeds the bad ones, and you have nothing to fear from the benevolent ones.

Try to deal with these things yourself, with strength and conviction, or there are a few people on these boards that are very knowledgeable, remember how people react out there in the world to things they don't understand, you don't want to tell the wrong person and end up in the very psych ward to work by.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I can tell you exactly what happened, but based on what you say here

Originally posted by Bilw85 pretty disturbed by all the eastern religion stuff in the room, and how she was all into newage healing crap,

its obvious you arent ready for the knowledge, nor would you probably accept it. Just tell yourself its one of Jesus's miracles and move on.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I vote that it was all just in your head.

I, myself, have heard things at night. But only when I've first nodding off to sleep.

I looked it up for you. I'm sure citing wikipedia as a source isn't especially convincing, but here are a few things that mention this phenomena that you experienced:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Seems as if the cause, though not fully understood, is likely mundane.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Some advice, keep this to yourself. If you tell this to loved ones, they may panic and have you comitted to a psychiatric ward. I personnaly think you are gifted. You have probably been touched by what most call "God", you just don't know how to process it yet. I've had my own experiences and have gotten myself into some precarious positions. Take care.

top topics

join