It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German with Hitler ringtone faces jail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Who cares? Germany has an awesome electronic music scene.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Goathief

Remembering history and being burdened by it are two completely different things. Every country has committed untold atrocities, whether directly or indirectly. The atrocities committed by Nazi Germany have absolutely nothing to do with the great and vibrant Germany and it's peoples that we see today.

But it is only by falling on its sword and by complete repudiation of its Nazi past has Germany been allowed to become great and prosperous once more. How many Americans are still stationed there? How many Russians were stationed in the east? That wasn't just the Cold War at play...it was also occupation by those who wanted to make damn sure Germany recovered in an appropriate fashion. And not as an aggressive, vengeful powerhouse.

I'd say the next generation out can begin to look at the Nazi era as deep past, but certainly not as long as those who went through it are still alive, and those whose lives were immediately shaped by WW2 are still around to share the collective German guilt. Meanwhile, those loogans that fancy themselves as neo-nazis can go somewhere else to act out their fantasies.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by Solomons

There is/was nothing admirable about Hitler unless you're a genocidal Nazi.

As for the guy being prosecuted, I have no problem with this as he was blatantly trying to antagonise people who may well have lost family members to one of the most brutal regimes Europe has ever seen. If he wants to listen in private he can do so, but enticing hate in a public place? Yes, he deserves all he has coming. He was lucky that he didn't need an ambulance as well as the police really...

Do you like Volkwagen cars or the interstate highway system? Both were constructed and designed under Hitler. Just sayin. (and yet those two products don't mean I endorse Hitler's atrocities.)

The de-nazification of Germany was warranted in its time...but now it's such a minority in Germany culture, it's time Germany not erase its past. Germany's recovery had little to do with denazification though, West Germany flourish while East Germany failed under communist control. Perhaps without the campaign to overtake German technologies and such under the guise of denazification and demilitarization...Germany would have been united well before 1990.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

You do have the right to say that, and defend you we probably would if you were facing 3 years. That is not the case however; for you, but for this gentleman it is and he does need help with this one.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Hitler did not design Autobahns or Volkswagens, so what is there to admire?

It's a bit like saying you admire Spencer Perceval because he was prime minister when Humphry Davy invented the light bulb, except one was evil personified and the other wasn't (as far as I know).

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

He did both.

In case you didn't know (which you apparently didn't), Adolf Hitler was the father of Autobahn, which in this historical period was conveniently called Reichsautobahn. Also, the Führer was the mastermind behind the VW:

Despite heavy lobbying in favor of one of the existing projects, Hitler chose to sponsor an all new, state owned factory. The engineer chosen for the task was Ferdinand Porsche. By then an already famed engineer, Porsche was the designer of the Mercedes 170H, and worked at Steyr for quite some time in the late 1920s. When he opened his own design studio he landed two separate "Auto für Jedermann" (car for everybody) projects with NSU and Zündapp, both motorcycle manufacturers. Neither project come to fruition, stalling at prototype phase, but the basic concept remained in Porsche's mind time enough, so on 22 June 1934, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche agreed to create the "People's Car" for Hitler.

I hope you are not Japanese, because otherwise you'd be obliged to commit seppuku in the face of silliness of your post here on ATS.

It's a good idea to check your fact base before diving head first into a heated debate.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i'm against hitler and his views and methods. but isnt this a freedom of speech issue? i wouldnt have that ringtone, that doesnt mean i can judge whether or not he can. what is going on in the world? this hateful person, does have the right to put anything on his phone. the german govt, like ours (u.s.), needs overthrown because theyve become the hate they were invented to combat. so does canadas. all govts everywhere are controlled by tptb. used to control we the people. but by our inactivity we have caused it. its our fault because we allow it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I hope you are not Japanese, because otherwise you'd be obliged to commit seppuku in the face of silliness of your post here on ATS.

It's a good idea to check your fact base before diving head first into a heated debate.

A little too harsh and not true also. Hitler had nothing to do with the Autobahn, because those plans lay in the drawer long time before. I am not sure about Porsche's plans about the Volkswagen. But it seems to be more the plan of Porsche than that of Hitler, though.

We are sliding away from the original posting anyway. (Old people here use to say: "But Hitler built the Autobahn!")

It is not acceptable and not free speach if somebody bothers other people with Hitler's stupid speach. It is propaganda or at least a provocation. I really don't believe, that Americans would accept a phone voice, declaring war on USA in the name of Allah. (Maybe it does not happen, because it only happens in the imagination of US politicians, who want to declare war on Muslim countries.)

Imagine somebody would have a ring tone, that asks for disarming all Americans. I guess, that the American's Achilles' heel - due to lack of experiences.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think a fine and a warning would suffice if it's only a ringtone and phone picture. Tell him next time it's 3 years inside if he's caught with it in public.

Only send him to prison the first time if he's also connected to Nazi fanatic groups. A bit more common sense is needed rather than dishing out prison sentences.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Let the man have his ringtone, as long as he's not out there carving swastikas on people's faces..

Anyone seen this?

"Hitler reacts to news about the iPhone 4 prototype leak"

vimeo.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I think a fine and a warning would suffice if it's only a ringtone and phone picture. Tell him next time it's 3 years inside if he's caught with it in public.

Only send him to prison the first time if he's also connected to Nazi fanatic groups. A bit more common sense is needed rather than dishing out prison sentences.

I bet this is exactly what will happen. Our judges usually have more common sense than the sunshine press.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

He did both.

No, he did not.

The idea for the construction of the Autobahn was first conceived during the days of the Weimar Republic

In case you didn't know (which you apparently don't) that was BEFORE Hitler came to power. What Hitler did was essentially use slave labour, he rounded up the unemployed and sent them to work on construction sites - also great for propaganda purposes, which strangely enough still seem to be working on angry fascists like yourself.

Volkswagen was founded by the German Labour Front, which was brought in to replace the Weimar Republic's trade unions (which were outlawed by Hitler) - again, essentially stealing and expanding on plans and ideals from the previous government. Incidentally, the German Labour Front was led by a man called Robert Ley (not Hitler) who committed suicide while awaiting trial for war crimes. Perhaps you should take a leaf out of his book as you admire him so?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

In case you didn't know (which you apparently don't) that was BEFORE Hitler came to power. What Hitler did was essentially use slave labour

I really do doubt that financing the construction of the national highway system qualifies as using slave labor. Come think of it, Eisenhower did exact same thing with his "Interstate system" idea.

In any case, Germany was screwed up big time before and after Hitler came to power. I am not an apologist of the Nazis, but "public works program" kind of a concept exists in any nation including our beloved US of A (which you apparently don't know at all).

he rounded up the unemployed and sent them to work on construction sites - also great for propaganda purposes, which strangely enough still seem to be working on angry fascists like yourself.

What a fine exemplar of a simpleton! Verily, that is one hell of amusement. Sort of. Doesn't cure the pain of me losing relatives who fought the Nazis, in WWII, however who said I can't use a jester to keep my spirits up.

Volkswagen was founded by the German Labour Front, which was brought in to replace the Weimar Republic's trade unions (which were outlawed by Hitler) - again, essentially stealing and expanding on plans and ideals from the previous government.

So you are saying that the Nazi spent quite a bit of effort to make this happen, and they did! A brilliant way to conduct a debate. Not.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ad hominem, ad hominem, fallacy, stawman.... snore.

You failed to address any of my very valid points that demonstrate Hitler did not "father" or invent autobahns or Volkswagen - guess I was totally correct, then? Remember this is about certain posters admiration (their words, not mine) of one of the most sickening men of recent times. I just pointed out that those specific things they admired him for were not his creations at all, and that he is not worthy of anyone's admiration unless you're a Nazi. It is that simple.

By the way, Seppuku was only practised by Samurai not the general populace of Japan - nicely demonstrating your ignorance once again. For someone who isn't a Nazi apologist/Neo-Nazi you're certainly arguing with a lot of venom, touched a raw nerve for daring to disgrace the Fuhrer?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This thread is getting a little beyond the scope of the original post...

Ultimately, the guy broken the German law that effectively bans the promotion of the Nazi movement. Fair and Square. Any German knows this, it cannot be a surprise, especially to a 54 year old man.

Quite simply, he just didn't think that anyone would take it that far, or that he wouldn't 'get caught'. Much like the vast majority of motorists who break the speed limit and then complain that 'it is ridiculous to have a 30mph limit on this stretch of road...'

Regardless of the point of view of specific individuals - who have a right to hold those views - it is not deemed as appropriate in the sense of 'society' and so laws are in place to restrict the promulgation of what is perceived as behaviour negative to the conduct of society.

Plain and simple.

The thing is, this is not specific to Germany - For instance, in England we are not allowed to stack kindling, firewood and explosives under the houses of parliament, even though Guy Fawkes is celebrated(!) for doing just this every year on bonfire night - Remember Remember the 5th of November!

When people do remember the point of bonfire night, they usually actually take Guido's side, regardless of the merits of the case, since they tend to transplant the events to a modern understanding of society. Most people celebrate it because it is a chance to let off big fireworks, which also leads us to another conclusion regarding the 'celebration' of Nazism.

Many 'defenders' simply like the authoritarian concept of being able to employ their own prejudices to control society and see a perfect example of this in the Nazi regime - not entirely understanding that just as many of those 'defenders' would have been deemed unacceptable to that society and carted off to an internment camp for forced labour.

"Regardless of whether I would have been a victim of arrest without trial under the Nazi regime, at least the trains ran on time..."

Hmmm...

Regardless of the disparity in the crimes committed and actions undertaken, the laws are in place for a specific reason- not to dampen freedom of speech. Should it be every person's right to kill and maim others?

Of course there are areas where freedoms are restricted in modern society, but this is an obvious effect of having any form of law that dictates the range of permissible behaviour. Of course there will be arguments from opposing points of view, but that does change the fact that the law is what it is...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I wonder whether the people that feel this is an ok sentence also feel that Guantanomo was justified.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Another example of "Thought Crimes".

As long as history is suppressed by making it's full knowledge a crime, common man will have no knowledge of history.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by verylowfrequency]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join