It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL governor candidate wants a hivemind of humans and AI hooked together globally.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I was just doing a casual view of the governor candidates for here in Florida, clicked on Michael E. Arth's Wikipedia page, and to my own amazement I happened across this:

What is UNICE? UNICE is an acronym for Universal Network of Intelligent Conscious Entities, a term coined by artist and futurist Michael E. Arth in the 1990s to describe a new form of intelligent life that he and many others theorize will soon emerge on Earth from a hive-like interaction of computers, humans, and future forms of the Internet. Arth believes that a local form of UNICE will envelope Earth and then, unbounded by biological substrate, will propagate outward into the wider universe. If there is an existing, self-aware Cosmic Internet beyond this planet, our local UNICE could eventually join up with and merge with the greater UNICE. The acronym EUNICE is sometimes used to differentiate Earth’s Universal Network of Intelligent Conscious Entities from a truly universal UNICE.

Thus, the term UNICE refers to what will probably happen on Earth and what will or perhaps has already happened throughout the universe or multiverse. UNICE is what will result from accelerating technological change that appears to be leading to a computational or technological singularity. The term Singularity, usually capitalized to differentiate it from a black hole or mathematical singularity, has been described by Ray Kurzweil as “technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history”. Kurzweil’s Law of Accelerating Returns, a description and prediction about this accelerating pace of technological change, is a further elaboration of Moore’s law.
www.unice.info...

His campaign website seems to not mention this:
www.michaelearth.org...

But his personal website shows he's way into the occult:
www.michaelearth.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The moment I read the thread title I was like 'Wtf'.

Great find because its just...wow. I mean he is appealing to the Matrix lovers everywhere.
I can't believe someone going for a public office would be so outspoken in his vision for the future. Thats something you think he would keep in his head and wait to surprise us.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Is this person pulling significant support in Florida?

Are people taking him very seriously?

link   
It's the Borg from Star Trek, he's talking about!! That's what he thinks we'll become.

You can take heart in knowing that this guy is not a serious candidate for Governor. I don't think he'll be setting up a Unimatrix in Tampa or Orlando anytime soon. Though, that big geodesic sphere at Epcot Center would be a good place to put one, would it not?

link   
He appears to be into Eugenics:

This one is also interesting:

To know why check out one of the first threads I ever started on ATS:
Finishing the Unfinished Pyramid.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here's the current polling in the Florida race...which doesn't even list him. Just the Democratic candidate and the Republican. My guess is most of the rest are undecided and this guy and the few others in the race are barely even speedbumps on the polling charts so far.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I will fight the borg in every aspect, human or digital. Leave my human dignity alone thank you very much!

I can't believe anyone would actually want to surrender their self identity this way. I guess when you can't make a life for yourself you will try to get a free ride on someone else. Another aspect to meaninglessness I suppose.

Did I wake up on a different planet today?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As much as this guy is my nemesis, this is total BS:

According to various press releases and blogs, the Democratic Party Chair Karen L. Thurman personally barred Michael E. Arth from speaking at the 2009 Democratic Conference, reportedly telling him that she wasn't going to let him speak and that she "wanted to concentrate on one candidate." This was despite the primary still being 10 months away. On the first day of the conference, held at the Disney Yacht Club and Resort October 9-11, Arth had an ideally situated table rented from the Florida Democratic Party for $500. When he and his entourage showed up the next day, all of his material had been put in storage by party staffers and his table had been assigned to someone else. His newly assigned table was in a distant and nearly empty room on the opposite side of the convention building from the other candidates. With the help of Disney employees, and under the supervision of documentary film cameras, the table was moved back to near the same location. As soon as the camera was put away, a Democratic Party staffer tried to get Arth to move his table and also tried to prevent Arth and his volunteers from hanging his banner. Again, Disney staff intervened and Arth was allowed to stay and put up his banner. Arth vowed to fight on.

The discussion behind and after that event is relevant. Party elitism, and the undemocratic nature of the Democrat candidate process, oh my. This is a good example of why I argue we need to get rid of politicians, as we know them, therefore making political parties irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

join