It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British tech could solve crisis in 18 days....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Tech firm's oil spill clean-up offer

Originally created to soak up algae oil this Tech has been adapted for crude oil

REUTERS NEWS VIDEO LINK

they predict there system would take 18 days to remove ALL the surface oil in the ocean , they would then circle the rig and continually mop it up as it spews forth until it can be stopped.

As of yet B.P are not showing an interest ( hmm they are doing that a lot recently) but here is the clincher in my opinion.

The tech comes equipped to remove the crude from the water and return the oil to BP.... now B.P to me has been all about 'Capturing' oil ...

in fact it has disturbed me the amount of times they have discussed Capture rather than prevention. This is probably because prevention is frankly beyond our expertise at that depth until the relief well is drilled.

They demonstrate it in the Gulf next Wednesday .. lets hope BP sit up and take notice ... i am hoping that if nothing else these guys could get them oil back and save some money and this might sway B.P (as the money is all they seem to care about).. i fear the cost of not doing something like this will be more than at least giving it a chance....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It sounds great just like many other options and offers of assistance although I don't expect anything to come of it. This shouldn't even still be gushing out since it should've been decreased "to a relative trickle" by June 14 or 15. BP's credibility is and has been shot almost since day one.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
S+F

Im sure BP has better ideas...NOT!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
it just struck me ....

I believe someone Posted a thread claiming that the leak was created on purpose to create an algae oil factory the like of which this planet has never seen .....

Is it a coincidence that now Algae oil producing machines are on there way to the gulf next Wednesday?... eventually the company in the thread wants a massive fleet of the things out there.

Here is a conspiracy for ya ... they send theses boats out .. BP accept the method and employ a fleet of 100's of these vessels......

The clean up fails (cough) but they make the best of the situation by switching them to algae mode and Bingo! they can start producing oil from the algae straight away with enough machinery in place to make it viable..

Coincidence?

LINK TO ATS THREAD 'Startling Revelations'

[edit on 2/7/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Any word if this method was tested last Wednesday? Looked promising..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"If you guys just it let it leak for 90 days, we'll have time to plan how we will
save the day in 18"

Fiction of course. No one would be that treacherous.

top topics

join