It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar in the gas tank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I am looking for mechanics or anyone actually who has had any experience with this. I'm talking about sugar in the fuel tank. Everything I have read, is contrary to the myth that sugar will ruin an engine.

Snopes has done a piece on this. They said it doesn't mix. Myth Busters did an episode on this. They poured 10 pounds of sugar into 15 gallons of gasoline. The car still ran. Almost everything else I have read on this says that hydrocarbons and sugar do not mix. And even if they did in the smallest amount it would still be to large to pass through the fuel filter and into the engine.

With all of this, there are still mechanics out there who insist that sugar does indeed mix with gasoline and or diesel fuel and will ruin an engine. Is there anyone out there who has actually had experience with this? Even a chemist's input on this issue as to whether these can actually mix would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Gunpowder works better.

TheAssoc.

Seriously, I'm joking, don't put gunpowder or anything else in anyone's tank.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Worst case it'll return to it's solid pure cane state and force the owner to put the car on a lift, disconnect and remove the old tank. Replace with a new tank fill it up and you're good.

Gunpowder will create a powder keg and make a small bomb.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
if your looking to disable a car down the road, you can try this, I did it to a guys motorcycle, so I am not sure the amounts needed:

Put a few 3-4 handfulls of mothballs (Not flakes) into their fuel tank before a long drive. The mothballs will make the engine run hotter and will eventually burn thru the piston heads.

The guy I did it to had to replace the whole engine.

(Take that ya lil dip-s*#t

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm no expert but I'm guessing the more modern the car the more problems you may have. Far too many needless sensors and what nots that shut the car down, the engine it's self may be perfectly fine, the monkey on the diagnostics computer will claim it has to be rebuilt when really it will run fine if you can bypass whatever sensor is tripping out the on-board computer.

It's a pretty see through scam that masquerades under efficiency and emission's control - we had a bad fuel load hit the UK a while ago, hundreds? thousands? of people paid out loads of money because the cars refused to start. - The smart people bypassed the sensor in the exhaust until they had run the fuel through... Common sense trumps greed if it's allowed to grow.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I always told that sugar would damage the engine. Maybe it has to be extra fine or powdered. Ive heard drain-o doesnt mix well with gasoline.

new topics

top topics

join