It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States: Is this what Obama wanted for a "CHANGE!?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Bare with me for this is my second thread. I hope I can make myself as clear as possible.

Before I begin, has anyone tried to present the facts to Congress on this oil spill? If so, has anything come from it?

Okay here is goes, I refuse to be a product of a lost generation! Us, on ATS, should make a stand! There are some highly intelligent people on this site. Knowledge is POWER! We have all the facts, we have researched, debated, and proven that this spill WILL EFFECT US FOR YEARS AND YEARS to come. It will effect our children, grandchildren and future generations to come.

WE have a voice and right to stand for what we feel is wrong! Did the "change" Obama so badly want involve the destruction of our planet, our oceans, our beautiful wildlife, OUR COUNTRY? This oil spill is a crime!

Yes, BP is to blame. Yes, I feel they should be paying for this disaster. Then again, this isn't THEIR people being harmed. Why do I feel that our government is standing on the sidelines not doing a thing? Shouldn't they be down there daily?! I feel that they are just pointing fingers rather than helping solve this problem! Yes, I do feel that there is A LOT of speculation into this spill, example the selling of stocks, etc. and those involved should ALL face their consequences.

OUR government should be honest with us! So why are they not? Why do I feel they do not care about the people? Don't they want our country to succeed? So if they don't care, does't that make us have NO CONFIDENCE in OUR government?

So why don't WE do something about it? We have enough evidence to build a case against our government? Isn't this considered a HIGH CRIME? As stated in OUR CONSTITUTION! It would be nice to get all those corrupt politicians out of office.

"Section. 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

www.archives.gov...

Last time I checked you can go to jail for harming another person? Isn't our government hurting the people on the coastal regions of the GULF! There is health effects from this disaster popping up in the news daily, and yet they still allow the use of dispersant. The future effects are going to be far greater.... Is everyone breathing in the toxic air going to be dead from cancer and failing organs in the future?

Lets make our OWN change. Let's present the facts, the evidence and submit it! You never know what may come from it.

I am a very concerned citizen and need to help. I am tired of other peoples ignorance/ greed destroying OUR country/planet. We as Americans need to make a stand and make a change! It doesn't seem as if our government has us in their best interest. I refuse to be "small." I only hope others feel the same.

Lets post the facts on this thread. Anything that may help to show that this is a crime and that our government is just as much to blame. This has gone on 73 days to long. Let's make a change.

THERE IS HOPE:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are 3 branches of Government as we were all taught in school. The never taught the 4th Branch of Government.

We The People.

That is stated in the Delclaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I have enboldend the part of the declaration to which I am refering and this goes all the way back to the very foundation of America and should be in the hearts and minds of all men and women.

We the people have the right to Alter or abolish this tyranical Goverment and we do not need their permission.

Wake up we have all the tools we need!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It is probably time to encompass a World View, and that doesn't mean politically.

America was slated for destruction and this is what it takes to create the scenario. Isn't it obvious what Obama meant when he chanted, "yes we can", "yes we can", "yes we can".

And he did!

It's over, now we just wait for the fun parts. The Dollar will crash soon (it already has but the dead horse is being propped up on the fence), then we will face food shortages, Gulf Poisoning, and all the wonderful things the Sun has in store for us.

There is no more America, they proved that this week when the DOJ couldn't even get their heads out of their mules and prosecute those Black Panther thugs from the poll fiasco'.

Blagovich is a fabulous example of our Leadership. Obama is in bed with the man and they are all playing like they are celebrities!

I can hear the Demons laughing now!

It is time to think Worldly, we are now Humans on Planet Earth not Americans; our new livelihood will be to relearn how to prepare foods from the earth and how to renew the earth so it can provide once again. It's not that hard, but first we have to let it all come crashing down. No Revolution. No Resistance. We just take it and that is all we can do because everyone is in debt and everyone is guilty of this end. Time to pay the piper.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
As much as i agree with you, this would be in favour to the illuminati card game

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Last time I checked you can go to jail for harming another person? Isn't our government hurting the people on the coastal regions of the GULF!

Now, i'm sure i'll get called an apologist for this, but how is the government hurting the people on the coastal regions? I thought it was BP who drilled a well they couldnt control.

i mean, how are 'they' doing it any more than all of us who drive cares and fertilize our lawns and dump motor oil in the ground, and buy plastic crap that we throw into the landfills that poisons the water table...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I do agree with you, to a point. We do pollute and that is something that needs help as well, but the oil and the dispersant cause much more damage intermediately. It has already been shown.

I had a different mindset last week. I was furious with BP.

When I started to read and research on the effects of methane gas, toxic fumes from the dispersant, the media blackouts, the turning away of help from other nations, workers getting sick, wildlife dying, land dying, loss of jobs and the lack in clean up efforts, it made me think.

I could be way off with this so please bare with me, I am not the best with words but our goverment allowed BP to drill right? Please correct me if I am wrong. I could not find the facts. Also, how many times has Obama been down there? Correct me please if I am wrong... but hasn't it only been at most 3 times in now 74 days?

It's pretty obvious BP has no control. So if they have no control.... why isn't more being done on our part? I understand that it is a process to get trained etc. But, why are we letting BP call the shots? Money? The Coast Guard is down there but, why are they still allowing toxic dispersant to fill up our Gulf and hold the oil under water?

Toxic rain/air will highly harm our people, land, crops and wildlife. (I can't figure out the youtube link sorry) Isn't that harm enough? Not to mention all the jobs being lost.

Obama: Oil spill bill on BP, Chem spray to save nature?
www.youtube.com...

Toxic Rain:
www.youtube.com...

Toxic Air:
www.youtube.com...

Crop Damage already?:
www.youtube.com...

This is a way I connected it, and I hope it makes sense to most people. So our country has laws on child neglect. DCF takes over if there is an issue of neglect on the parents part...

"Federal legislation lays the groundwork for States by identifying a minimum set of acts or behaviors that define child abuse and neglect. Defines child abuse and neglect as, at minimum:

Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation; or act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."

www.childwelfare.gov...

BP is to clean this mess up (take care of), provide financially to take care of the coastal regions of the Gulf, right? Well like I said before, even though they won't admit it, they can't do it on their own. Help is needed. Our own goverment is like the parent of the people, they make the laws, allow us to do what we please, as long as we abide to them and follow the law. Then why is our goverment seeming to neglect the size of the situation?

article:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

NEW ORLEANS — BP and the Obama administration face mounting complaints that foreign offers of equipment are being ignored and not enough use is being made of the fishing boats and volunteers available to help clean up what may now be the biggest spill ever in the Gulf of Mexico. The Coast Guard said there have been 107 offers of help from 44 nations, ranging from technical advice to skimmer boats and booms.

BP and Our Gov. need to step up and get a reality check. If they can't wake up we have to start making a stand and protect our country/Earth. I and I am sure others love this earth/ this country and if people aren't doing their jobs (BP/Gov.) right, then we need people who can.

I don't want to place blame. But this whole situation is very suspicious. Both BP and our Goverment need to take more action. BP is already showing neglect. Is our government? I hope no, but then they need to speak the truthandhelp

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just as a matter of interest..

What exactly was he supposed to change?

The US is a capitalist system dependent on its Empire for its wealth.. How is a president supposed to control an empirical system that falls outside the jurisdiction of the democratic system that he has been elected to control?

Finally.. Was it not obvious at the time that it was a publicity campaign to get into power?

Change.. Change what? And how?

Everyone in my part of the world liked him because he was nice to everyone which was a nice CHANGE from the last A-hole. But it was always obvious that little would change.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It's pretty obvious BP has no control. So if they have no control.... why isn't more being done on our part? I understand that it is a process to get trained etc. But, why are we letting BP call the shots? Money? The Coast Guard is down there but, why are they still allowing toxic dispersant to fill up our Gulf and hold the oil under water?

I could be misinformed, but my understanding is the Coast Guard has no authority in that matter. It is a decision made by the EPA, who has no jurisdiction in open sea.

It is easy to mis-characterize and simplify this very complicated situation, as many over at Faux News are doing, spreading urban myths about the Jones act, etc, but the truth reveals a far more complicated issue.

The very same people who are claiming 'the government' s doing nothing would be the first to complain if they did 'something' without following legal precedent.

Partisan-based blame abounds, but the reality is this is a massive amount of oil that no one knows how to deal with.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
As much as i agree with you, this would be in favour to the illuminati card game

I've begun to put the American Pie song alongside the Illuminati cards and the Book of Revelation.

Obama may be able to overcome the Backlash card with the Messiah card.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Supreme Court card was already played:

The main thread itself:

new topics

top topics

join