It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Easy Way Of Getting The Oil Out Of The Water - Video !!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I thought it was some kind of windup at 1st

Seems to work.

how come they dont just throw lots off this into the sea, and let it drift to shore or pick it up?

Shauny

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
gosh, it works in a bowl with a small amount of oil? Geez, and thats JUST like the Gulf of Mexico and the thousands and thousands of gallons of oil.

actually, they did this for a spill in so cal many years ago

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Awesome!! This is amazing. If this works in seawater as well as it seems to work in tap water, somebody should be hiring these two.

For such a simple solution, I can't believe the P.T.B. have not attempted to use it, at least on a trial basis. Unless of course they want this spill to completely destroy life as we know it on the East Coast for decades to come.

That, and justify another Mid-East incursion to secure oil producing assets.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is a very green solution, better than corexit. I think it would work.

But they won't do it.

Why...

Because they really don't want suggestions I think.

They really don't want to clean it up I think.

There is currently a large skimmer that is called A. Whale and it has been docked for the whole 70 something days since this started. They can't use the skimmer because it will not get all of the oil out. So for some reason the EPA or someone won't let them use this skimmer because it will leave behind some oily residue. So instead of just using it anyway and leaving behind some residude, then they don't use it at all and then that leaves ALL the oil there.

It makes no sense at all. I'd rather have residue than have ALL the oil!

But that is how it works.

If it makes sense at all, they won't do it.

This makes sense and seems like it will work, so of course they won't do it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
the gulf of mexico contains 660 quadrillion gallons of oil to be precise

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is great. Only downside I can think of is some independent fishing company with a heart of gold dumping tons of hay and getting fined for polluting.

On a serious note, how likely would it be that they would go ecologically green on this project over other plans that will fit nicely in the right wallets?

Thanks for the post, OP. S+F and such jazz.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
has ANYONE who thinks that the "PTB" 'want' this to happen ever considered that perhaps they arent trying to 'clean i tup' because they know it will continue to spill oil for a long time, and that all clean-up efforts enacted now will be completely wasted by next week?

Remember when everyone was clamoring for more booms a few weeks ago and saying 'the government' wasnt supplying them because they want the gulf to die? Well, after Alex pushed through, how well do you think those booms held up?

Its the beginning of hurricane season and the leaking well head aint showing any signs of stopping. 'cleaning up' this mess is a waste of resources until the oil stops leaking. Otherwise, you're just left doing what Pensacola is doing and scraping off the oil every night only to have it appear again the next day.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

I thought it was some kind of windup at 1st

Seems to work.

how come they dont just throw lots off this into the sea, and let it drift to shore or pick it up?

Shauny

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

I can see some of us using that solution. We here in Louisiana, are self motivators. Before the security crews got there to prevent it, we had clean up crews out there daily. Just volunteers, on their time off from their jobs. Working to help clean up, mostly in Cameron area. My husband was out there 3 weekends. But now that the weather is hot he can't handle it anymore. He is 57 years old, and the heat in the sun all day, really got to him.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
this has been posted quite a few times before.

also, way before we knew how bad the spilling was, and continues to be. i dunno how effective this would actually be anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
This is a very green solution, better than corexit. I think it would work.

But they won't do it.

Why...

Because they really don't want suggestions I think.

They really don't want to clean it up I think.

Why wouldn't 'they' want to clean it up?

new topics

top topics

join