It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Reveletions. More going on in The Gulf Of Mexico Than An Oil Spill!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
well, I am way off on the deep end as to what kind of motives they might want to turn the gulf into a toxic cesspool (more than likely there was no motives and it's just man's ultimate attempt at stupidity, but....)
if there was a motive, then I would be looking for some kind of huge plant going up in probably texas, that will be charged with making the air in that region more inhabitable to our species, as well as another species.......from another world......
but, ya, that's just too far out in the deep end....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Quite complex stuff to me ( or maybe I'm a bit dumb...) In any event, I cannot believe ANYTHING could be created in what everyone's calling toxic soup. It's the fake crap they are pumping in to the GoM that is causing all the ill effects. The oil itself is organic/natural. Aint nothing gonna thrive in a chemical wasteland. Sorry, just don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
S&F

I quite believe this and this ties in with everything else thats going on. Add the carbon tax then swap to the algae bio fuels very niceeeeee. Im sure that dubai also has something like this going on now. What you want to remember is that the US is stuck to oil more than other nations. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Step closaer to clean energy? its there, free? probably not.
Good thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The motive is greed, and continuance with civilization as we know it. This presupposes that peak oil would otherwise grind us to a halt, of course.

reply to post by jazz10

Hey Jazz. Glad you enjoyed the read. It does give us something to think about and consider. Let me know what you think when you've had the time to absorb all the information and check on some links. I'm still doing the same!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So, the blog makes an interesting read...

There are so many theories out there it's hard to nail anything down solid except greed and corruption as others have observed.

Here's the video from the blog that backs up her claim...

I think the theory is a bit of a stretch but if her research is valid ... it is somewhat compelling.

There is no doubt that people that live in gulf area will have to leave if the air becomes irritating and/or the land unable to support life.

BP should be held accountable by more than just a Presidential Order. Obama has got to know it makes him look like a dictator.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 7·2·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This, I think, is the article I came across last week that talks about the toxic soup actually being conducive to the growth of a certain type of algae, one which could also be converted to a new energy source. It is quite possible a bunch of hype, but I have come to distrust the motives behind all but about two politicians, plus there's so darn much secrecy and deceit surrounding the oil fiasco... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how somebody like me, just your average citizen whose believe in the good intentions of our government has been whittled away over the years, could read the following article and see is as feasible. Sad, but true. I want my rose-colored glasses back, folks!

Algae Scam?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Quotes from the article by Elizabeth:

__Looking for a clean fuel that grows anywhere, needs only sunlight and water, and could produce enough oil to free the U.S. from its petroleum addiction? Here´s one start-up´s plan for converting oil from algae-yes, algae.__

__ In 1978 President Carter established the Aquatic Species Program (ASP), a research initiative charged with developing biodiesel from algae as a clean, homegrown alternative to gasoline. Yet some two decades and $25 million later, the team had failed to produce any significant amount of oil from algae, and in 1996 the Clinton administration axed the program.__

The Greenest Green Fuel by Elizabeth Svoboda

www.popsci.com...

I attended a couple panels on algae two years ago and like many innovative energy ideas, algae has issues.

(Extracting the oil has proved elusive also.)

Of the many thousands of types of algae, relatively few can produce oil that would provide fuel or biodiesel.

A BIG PROBLEM according to some professors is the fact that algae ponds with the right stuff could be contaminated with invasive algae. Some have discussed growing them in plastic tanks or other more controlled environments which has got to be spendy. Growing in open ponds has not been the focus.

If GM algae. which is being researched for biofuel, escapes into
natural algae ponds, that could precipitate other disasters - look
what happened when GM corn contaminated Mexican strains
and Monsanto's Round-Up ready canola seed contaminated the
organic canola seed fields Percy Schmeiser had developed for 35 years.

also:
As the first article in a Google search for genetically modified algae
challenges:

little green monsters or clean energy to save the world?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
No sh*t!

www.propublica.org...

BP Texas Refinery Had Huge Toxic Release Just Before Gulf Blowout

TEXAS CITY, TEXAS -- Two weeks before the blowout in the Gulf of Mexico, the huge, trouble-plagued BP refinery [1] in this coastal town spewed tens of thousands of pounds of toxic chemicals into the skies.

The company now estimates that 538,000 pounds of chemicals escaped from the refinery while it was replacing the equipment. These included 17,000 pounds of benzene, a known carcinogen; 37,000 pounds of nitrogen oxides, which contribute to respiratory problems; and 186,000 pounds of carbon monoxide.

The 40-day emissions were initially reported by the Daily News of Galveston, Texas, but received little national attention.

40 days!!!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread, else you just read the title and misinterpreted what the thread was about.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread, else you just read the title and misinterpreted what the thread was about.

Oh, yes. Wrong thread. But, there are so many threads on Oil Spill, and they're all connected somehow. At least I thought so...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Be careful with that kind of mindset, friend. There's too many conflicting theories out there to think that they can reasonably be all connected.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Be careful with that kind of mindset, friend. There's too many conflicting theories out there to think that they can reasonably be all connected.

Frankly, all I see is a lot of sloppiness, and then people trying to add some sense to it, which gives birth to conspiracy theories. Actually, these criminals have no clear vision of what they are doing. They just try to stay alive on a bumpy ride. And very carelessly at that.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Okay, so do you think it's the same with the presidents like Bush jr and Obama? Are they incompetent, or merely acting so. Brilliant people play the fool all too often. Because the average person is himself, foolish, they relate and give these bastard people so much slack. I think it's best to know that the people running the show are master manipulators.

Not to say that the theory in this thread is correct, or any other one that's floating around. I'm just saying that we give them too much slack by thinking that they're just arrogant nincompoops.

It really is the million dollar conspiracy question, though. Are our leaders truly this stupid, or is it all just a show. I'm going for the latter.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My impression always was that those two, Bush and Obama, did not know everything. As for the real "masterminds", it is more like a huge system, you can imagine a train going very fast, and it cannot be stopped. And whomever embarks on that train might appear as if he is going somewhere, but it doesn't appear that he has control of neither the train, nor the tracks, not to mention the final destination. Nor can he disembark at will anymore.

Whenever those people mess up something, they NEVER admit it, and ALWAYS pretend they are in control. That is the ultimate expression of the system - total authority, no matter how bad it looks.

Situations like this, oil "spill", or 9/11, are always used to strengthen the system. They often go to war to cover the damage they have caused, or the theft they have committed, and the cost of war will cost 100 times more than the initial damage, but the goal is fulfilled - they stay the untouchables. Common reason can never accept such explanation and it will be rejected as impossible by most, which is the case. This works well with common citizens, they are powerless in their limited capacity to understand what is going on and even more limited ability to react in an organized manner. All attempts to debunk the "conspiracy" end impotent. Even if they are totally exposed, nothing will happen. Except, it will further fuel the train and make it go faster.

As for the oil spill, given what we know and how much has been done to prevent it (not much) my impression is that BP will try to use it to its advantage. They behave as if they have a way to extract the oil from the sea, and so they behave as if they owned the whole Gulf and won't let anyone near it. Is it going to be algae or nano-tube sponges, or chemicals, or something else, I have no idea, but they will never give up and will pretend that they know what they are doing. Which I sincerely don't believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Algae is blooming all over the world. The official report is that this is from fertilizer runoff which feeds the algae
You would have to be braindead to believe that. Uh... how many decades have these fertilizers been used, yet all around the world this algae is showing up ... shortly after the Deepwater Horizon spill. ... hmm...

NatGeo

[edit on 7-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Algae is blooming all over the world. The official report is that this is from fertilizer runoff which feeds the algae
You would have to be braindead to believe that. Uh... how many decades have these fertilizers been used, yet all around the world this algae is showing up ... shortly after the Deepwater Horizon spill. ... hmm...

Seriously?

"Dead Zones' have existed for far longer than the BP/Gulf issue.

They are created from agricultural and urban run off, that feeds algae.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.scientificamerican.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Also, algae farms already exist. On land. Where its actually profitable.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Noted.

Will check your links.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think anyone with more than a few braincells can see that this is not a regular occurrence.

Leave now, troll, or I will notify ATS staff.

Wow. I'm a 'troll' because i point out a fact you seem unaware of?

I am unaware of the ATS rule preventing you from encountering helpful information.

Guess you didnt look at any of those links?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

No, I didn't. I jumped the gun. My apologies. I've changed my post to reflect the new information presented.

Thank you.

Also, am still waiting for your data to prove that algae in water is not profitable.

If you can't back this up, stop making the claim.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Also of interest is that the Oil spill in China was in the same area as this algae is showing up. Still think it's runoff from fertilizer, justadood??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join