It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Daley lays out strict gun rules for Chicago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

CHICAGO – With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States.

The measure, which draws from ordinances around the country, would ban gun shops in Chicago and prohibit gun owners from stepping outside their homes, even onto their porches or garages, with a handgun.

Source

The local tyrants are at it again!

Why anyone would live in Chicago who isn't a political or street gangster is beyond me.

I'm far from the land of Lincoln, but as an American, this infuriates me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well.....the laws really dont matter to the people committing the gun crimes, nothing has changed for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Mindblowing.

The guns that gangs use on the streets to kill each other are not registered ... all they have to do is enact tough penalties for possessing an illegal firearm rather than go after legal gun owners.

It's not rocket science.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

The registration only helps them when they go to confiscate arms under martial law or something else. Then, only the law abiding citizens are effected. Insanity.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You guys are more right than you know. We've had two instances of people in the city limits using handguns(illegally) to shoot dead armed intruders in the last two months!! The mayor and his cronies live in a bubble surrounded by ARMED bodyguards....disgusting

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yep, once again, the average Joe gets boned and the criminals aren't affected at all.

Nice little article here:

online.wsj.com...

The High Court's four liberals are holding out to overturn Heller. I bet Kagan is just rubbing her hands in glee to get this thrown out.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I live in chicago, most guns captured are not from people from the city, maybe 50 per week. All the CPD is worried about is illegal traffic stops and searches without probable cause to tow cars for revenue.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Registration is the first step to confiscation.

Government has no need nor right to know who owns what guns.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The USC has ruled in the past the a persons car is an extension of their home. Therefore if a person is legally able to own a firearm they can have the firearm in their car? The porch/garage is a part of the owners house so why wouldn't they be able to have a gun within the said confines of their home?
Is it me or is it just a coincidence that chicago, which has some of the most restrictive and constitutionally illegal firearm laws; is also Obamas home town? Just who the heck does mayor daley think he is? Why aren't the great people of chicago out rioting? Chicago has a great history of standing up for their beliefs and what they want!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The latest High Court's ruling will change little in Chicago.

Cities and states can still make "reasonable" rules under the ruling and there is no definition of "reasonable"

the cities and states will take "reasonable" as anything they can get away with.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
Is it me or is it just a coincidence that chicago, which has some of the most restrictive and constitutionally illegal firearm laws; is also Obamas home town?

I noticed this too. In Chicago, the Capone style of gangster was never eliminated, they just change titles to politician. The Obama administration has tried to infect an already sick D.C. with this cancer that runs Chicago, and its working wonders for him and Chicago.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Continental and United Airway merger, which will make it the world's larges carrier, and just so happens to move Continentals headquarters from Houston (George Bush International) to Chicago.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

I believe that a weapons ban will be at the top of Obama's agenda, if he gets elected to a second term, or possibly if he loses the election. He won't dare try it before the '12 elections, but I'm sure it's on his mind and a priority. Chicago is disgusting!

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This whole circus is a grand waste of time.

Either "shall not be infringed" is honored or it isnt. And if it isnt the Constitution needs to be amended.

It's been time long enough to # or get off the pot here.

While morons like Daley handcuff the average Joe and "legal" gears grind at a snails pace doors to homes are being kicked in and women are being raped in parking lots.

Honor the 2nd or amend it out. No more of this BS nonsense.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
This whole circus is a grand waste of time.

Either "shall not be infringed" is honored or it isnt.

Honor the 2nd or amend it out. No more of this BS nonsense.

I agree to a point.
Our 2nd amendment rights need to be honored.
Nation-wide. Not in 'certain areas'.

If I lived in Chicago, or any other unconstitutional area, I would still have guns.
Its my right as an American and I value my rights.

Here's the point:
Why are citizens taking this crap from any 'politican' in this country?
Especially if you reside in Chicago!
How come this Mayor hasn't been ousted?
Oh wait, it IS Chicago, the most corrupt city after DC.

The people need to realize that any restriction on gun-ownership is an 'infringement'.

Quit being complacent and fight!

Good grief people what's going to be the straw thats breaks the camel here?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok, so the measures passed 45-0!

Daley's new gun restrictions pass, 45-0

So, here's a problem I see

The new city ordinance bans gun shops in Chicago and prohibits gun owners from stepping outside their homes, even onto their porches or garages, with a handgun.

Ok, you cannot but a gun in the city limits, and you're not allowed to have one outside your home, how in the heck do you legally GET the gun home?

Also, assuming I have my gun home, what if I want to go to the gun range and do some target shooting, I'm not allowed to leave the house with the gun, so how is this even possible?

IMO, these measures are just as much a violation of our rights as the original ban, and should be over turned immediately.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
My favorite:

*Assault weapons are banned, as are sawed-off shotguns and "unsafe" handguns, as defined by the Chicago Police Department, which will maintain an online list of prohibited guns.

Because some Chicago cop can overrule the SCOTUS and the Constitution and natural law.

Never visited Chicago and never will. What a #hole.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

The High Court's four liberals are holding out to overturn Heller. I bet Kagan is just rubbing her hands in glee to get this thrown out.

This is the sleight of hand that will be used to disarm the populace.
Pure genius, really.
As I clumsily pointed out in another thread, you're branded as either a sexist or an anti-semite or a homophobe or a gun nut or a truther if you oppose her nomination.
Evil, but still genius.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sounds like Commisar Daley needs to be removed from office in chains ...

I think we should build a special supermax prison to hold all these traitor politicians when they are removed from office. I wonder if Commisar Daley would like to share a cell with Fuhrer Adolf "Mike" Bloomberg?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If I were stuck as a resident of Chicago, I think this just might be my last stand. I would put a big sign out front say:

I have lots of loaded guns and am not giving up one more right. I am a free American! You want'em, come and get'em (bullets first!)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised by this tom-foolery from Daley Administration. He is the boss and it is his city regardless of what a bunch of judges say. I knew all along that Daley and his goons would fight this one tooth and nail. As I have mentioned on the ATS thread announcing the ruling, Daley and his lawyers were going to wade through it and water it down as much as possible. Mayor Daley loves power and rather than take the straight and narrow path toward reasonable compliance of the Supreme Court ruling, he would rather take the crooked one.

Therefore, with that approach he is assuming the role of an obstructionist for going against the court and its rulings. When he carries out this initiative, it will be the unraveling of Federal Law and Supreme Court precedence. Other politicians will follow by example, and will find alternatives to future Supreme Court rulings. With time if it is left unaddressed, it will marginalize the importance of the Supreme Court. The court is a respected institution and should remain so, but this devious move by Daley and his army of lawyers to essentially usurp the decision through legal maneuvers only places a black cloud over it. Here is the boss of the crime syndicate, Chicago, Mayor Richard Daley with his nostrils flaring at the slight to his leadership by the Supreme Court of the United States.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Jakes51]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join