It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire hitting City Hall prompts Texas AG to ask for more troops on border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Gunfire hitting City Hall prompts Texas AG to ask for more troops on border

www.elpasotimes.com

EL PASO - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today demanded that President Obama send more troops to the Texas-Mexico border and used the shots that hit El Paso City Hall as an example of increased violence on the border...

...He also said the "time for talk has passed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The time for talk has passed indeed. When people are shooting at US city halls what the &%$# kind of government does NOTHING to protect its own territory?

Oh yeah, that's right, they care more about blockading Iran than STOPPING PEOPLE FROM SHOOTING UP US CITY HALLS.

This is making me physically ill.

www.elpasotimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
War should be declared on Mexico immediately.

The time has come to end this BS from them once and for all.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
War should be declared on Mexico immediately.

I dont agree with that statement. I think it is as simple as putting Nat Guard boots on the ground with the option to fire if fired upon orders. If they fire at them from the Mexican side, the US Fed will have to stand up to the Mexican Fed and tell them the line is drawn at the border and no more.

Then let the border patrol do its job under this type of watchful supervision and you will see a drastic change in the illegal actions along our southern border.

After that is contained, we need to do the same in the heavily forested areas along the northern border. There is a vast corridor between Canada and the US that is barely patrolled due to lack of manpower and the terrain. Canada and the US could work together to clear a "firing line" area so that the northern border between us could be better protected. For that, call in the Army Corp of Engineers. They will have it cleared in no time.

Its years beyond time to secure this nation against illegal entry, but lately it is a step below foreign invasion with recent acts. From kidnap and murder to rock throwing and intimidation, there is no better excuse to enact a lockdown along the border than right now.

I would fully support the state of TX to protect their own soveriegnty with our without the help and approval of the US Fed.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
War on Mexico? It's isn't the Mexican government that is shooting out town halls and the like! It is the cartels and gangs.

Even cheaper than putting a HUGE fence or sending in troops: Legalization of cannabis. I've said it on other threads and I'll say it again - legalize the stuff, and you take away a HUGE chunk of the income for these guys. It is the same thing they had to do with alcohol to get rid of the gangs in the thirties (which began in the first place BECAUSE of prohibition).

edit to add: while I don't think war on Mexico is the answer, I will say that they could be doing more from their side, and I am well aware of the corruption of the government south of the border (and north of it for that matter).

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ganja]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Texas has a State Guard that could be called out if the governor so wishes, why doesn't he try that? If that doesn't work then call in the National Guard.

Secure

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganja
War on Mexico? It's isn't the Mexican government that is shooting out town halls and the like! It is the cartels and gangs.

Even cheaper than putting a HUGE fence or sending in troops: Legalization of cannabis. I've said it on other threads and I'll say it again - legalize the stuff, and you take away a HUGE chunk of the income for these guys. It is the same thing they had to do with alcohol to get rid of the gangs in the thirties (which began in the first place BECAUSE of prohibition).

edit to add: while I don't think war on Mexico is the answer, I will say that they could be doing more from their side, and I am well aware of the corruption of the government south of the border (and north of it for that matter).

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ganja]

If the cartels were only selling cannabis, then sure, that would work, or hell, even if it was their main source of income like prohibition, then ok, it would hurt them enough to really make them lose their grip on mexico, but all that would do is make them lose a bit of money, and probably kill a lot of the people involved in the legalization process, they will still have heroin, coc aine, illegal immigration, extortion, kidnapping, etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ganja

The problem with that is the government wouldn't get all that sweet drug money they're pumping into all their black ops projects.

In many cases they're the suppliers at the highest levels.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Unfortunately, since becoming legally and readily available, alcohol is the most abused "drug" and is responsible for many societal ills.

Also, if legalization would cause such financial devastation to the drug trade, why are the cartels targeting those who wish to enhance criminalization, rather than those who advocate legalization?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by ganja

Unfortunately, since becoming legally and readily available, alcohol is the most abused "drug" and is responsible for many societal ills.

Also, if legalization would cause such financial devastation to the drug trade, why are the cartels targeting those who wish to enhance criminalization, rather than those who advocate legalization?

Because the people enhancing criminalization are also sponsering other actions against them, while people who advocate legalization often don't get involved in cartel affairs. And probably also because cartels know it will never happen.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

new topics

top topics

join