It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops very unhappy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
"British troops have come to expect hot showers and televisions rather than the privations associated with preparing for war, senior military officers said yesterday.
"They have claimed their weapons, clothing and rations are so inadequate that the Americans have dubbed them "The Flintstones" and "The Borrowers"."

"One tabloid seized on reports last month that troops were short of toilet paper. It launched "Operation Loo Roll" and shipped out 45,000 "luxury soft" rolls to help."

www.smh.com.au...

Before anyone gets upset, I just want to say that I didn't post this to knock the British troops. I'm sure they are very well trained and as capable as any to do what needs to be done. I just thought it was pretty funny that they were getting upset. I am glad that the UK is fighting alongside with the US as well as Australia and the others.
Down with Saddam!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The same * ol' good problem * with the europeans defense forces. One soldier has the gun and the food, the other one has the ammo and the water.

dom

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think this was all triggered by the UK government only allowing UK press to see the soldiers when they were having a meal. They thought that any footage of UK troops test firing guns would have a damaging effect for Tony Blair back home...

As a result the UK troops could only talk about non-military issues like food and loo roll... so one of the tabloids decided to take the piss by starting a "send the troops loo roll" campaign. Amusing, but definitely tongue in cheek.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The British SAS (Special Air Service) plucked from the elite of Scottish and Ulster regiments and SBS (Special Boat Service) mainly plucked from the elite of the Royal Marine Commandos are the most feared and respected fighting force on the face of the earth today. So I would not underestimate the British Army lads because it was the SAS and SBS that trained Americas Elite fighting forces and still do to this day, FACT

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Brits should start something like this:
operationmilitarypride.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

And be seen to support a military dictatorship like some people in America are doing, I don�t think so.

America today reminds me of Germany in the 1940�s

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureDarren

Only without the genocide, racial hatred, elitist geneology idealism, religious persecution, enforced racial ghettos, segregation, murder, stealing goods/property from citizens, and relocation of citizens.... right?

So what's left is... um... well... what's your point conspiracy child?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
lol Theyre here.You right.

Only without the genocide, racial hatred, elitist geneology idealism, religious persecution, enforced racial ghettos, segregation, murder, stealing goods/property from citizens, and relocation of citizens.... right?

Sounds more like Israel.And who finances the Israeli State?Eeeerrrrrmmm......?

Glad you're back Theyre Here.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
And yes, the British SAS are a force to be reckoned with... I have no doubt about the capability of our British allies in combat...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The British SAS (Special Air Service) plucked from the elite of Scottish and Ulster regiments and SBS (Special Boat Service) mainly plucked from the elite of the Royal Marine Commandos are the most feared and respected fighting force on the face of the earth today. So I would not underestimate the British Army lads because it was the SAS and SBS that trained Americas Elite fighting forces and still do to this day, FACT

Puredarren, do you have a link that proves this as fact. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want to see the proof.
I do find that claim a little hard to believe.

dom

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The SAS were the original counter-terrorist military unit. They first saw action in the Iranian embassy hostage crisis (very famously, you'll find links all over the place).

At this point the US decided it needed to modernise it's counter-terrorist units and the SAS played an important role in sharing ideas on tactics, and generally acting as trainers for the US special forces. It's worth pointing out that until recently there were only 150 SAS members split into 3 groups. 1 group always remains on UK soil, so only 100 SAS members are ever out in the field at any one point. I say "until recently" because I read something about 6 months ago about potentially increasing this size, but I haven't heard anything since.

They are an extremely well trained unit...

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The SAS were formed in the desert in the Second World War initially working alongside the Long Range Desert Patrol striking German and Italian Forces behind lines.The Iranian Embassy siege was the first real public appearence of the SAS.

dom

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I stand corrected, John Bull, do you know if the SAS were originally formed as a counter-terrorist group or did that change of focus only occur later?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   

And be seen to support a military dictatorship like some people in America are doing, I don�t think so.

Exactly what about America reminds you of Germany in the 40's?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The focus changed over time.In the late 1960's early 1970's there was a sharp rise in Islamic Terrorism.Events such as the Munich Olympics Atrocity and the Airplane siege in Israel(sorry that's a bit sketchy)mean't government around the world needed personel ready to deal with these situations.The troubles in Northern Ireland provided permanent work for a special outfit.Even today 60 SAS are stationed in the UK on counter terrorism duty.The SAS not only British there is an Australian regiment and there always used to be NZ and South African Regiments.I don't if there still are.It is likely that the reported 300 SAS and SBS on duty in the Middle East include all nationalities.

The British and French Special forces are trained in slightly different ways to most American Special Forces.At least until recently.The Europeans are more like Marathon runners or Middle Weight Boxers the Americans more like sprinters or HeavyWeights.This is because of the different missions that each could be asked to perform.The US emphasis is on Power,Go in,Hit hard,Get out.The SAS,in war,make their way slowly to the target,observe,hit,then get out.US and SAS train together both help to improve each other.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Germany in the 1940�s = America today

Hitler wanted the oil fields of Russia Bush wants the oil fields of Iraq
Hitler took the freedom away from the people in the streets in Germany in the 1940�s; People are getting arrested in American streets today for wearing anti-war T-shirts
Hitler�s homeland defence force The famous brownshirts , Hitler�s knockteam , Hitler's own "peacekeepers", Americas new homeland security
Hitler�s prisons (Gulags) where he held and tortured anti-nazi protesters and people who did not follow his orders, Camp X-Ray where gods knows what the US Government is doing to them people, I guess history can only tell, but I do know one thing, they are being held without trail.
Hitler tried to starve the British people to surrender in world war two, Americas tried to do this in Iraq with food sanctions

�On February 28th, 1933 President Hindenburg and Chancellor Hitler invoked Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution, which allowed the suspension of civil liberties in time of national emergency. This Decree of the Reich President for the Protection of the People and State abrogated the following constitutional protections:
1. Free expression of opinion2. Freedom of the press3. Right of assembly and association4. Right to privacy of postal and electronic communications5. Protection against unlawful searches and seizures6. Individual property rights7. States' right of self-government

A supplemental decree was also added to create the SA and SS federal police agencies. Sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?

Although Bush has not yet proposed the elimination of these rights formally, in the wake of "Election 2000" and especially after 9/11, they have all been placed on the "endangered species" list to the point where many people are finally starting to wake up and ask questions. Just last week, Attorney General John Ashcroft placed #3 and #4 in the crosshairs with his proclamation of new powers to be given the FBI. The rest of these rights have been tested and tainted ever since Bush slipped through the back door of the White House. Like Hitler, Bush has surrounded himself with experienced thugs or just plain thugs with a perverted sense of what it right for the country. Yet both leaders were blessed by a common mindset of the people they lead. A mindset that allowed both leaders to inflict their tunnel view of the world and its people on their own countrymen in order to achieve their personal goals. The mindset of apathy.�

21st century America and 1930's Germany share a form of apathy even though its root is of different sources. Germany's apathy stemmed from the population so content with its new found prosperity that it trusted its leaders overall in their endeavors. Today's American apathy is based upon their being manipulated by their leaders and the media in a time of national grief and xenophobia. Both populations were and are being played like marionettes and their apathy and paranoia allowed and allows them to be blind to the blatant evil of their leaders. Two weeks ago in the wake of the "What did they know" reports, Cheney, Mueller and Rumsfeld took a chapter from Hermann Goering book of mass manipulation. They use this rule of Hitler's Third Reich every time things get a little too warm for them.�

Exactly what about America reminds you of Germany in the 40's?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theyre Here Only without the genocide, racial hatred, elitist geneology idealism, religious persecution, enforced racial ghettos, segregation, murder, stealing goods/property from citizens, and relocation of citizens.... right?

If the Homeland Security Act starts getting enforced, you *will* be seeing all of those things happening...Or had you forgotten all about it since it fell out of the attention of mainstream media? Just because the media ain't looking at it anymore doesn't mean that D.C. no longer has it on their tables...Even after Pure Darren's response to your question, can you still not see the path Bush is on?

Sodamn Insane may indeed be similar to Hitler in his practices today, but Bush is well on the path that leads to that position...

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Our conspiracy child, "Pure Darren" seems confused. He's saying:

PD: "Bush wants the oil fields of Iraq"
If you think this is the case, why do you suppose daddy Bush didn't keep the oil fields in 1991 when we conquered Iraq?

PD: "People are getting arrested in American streets today for wearing anti-war T-shirts "
REALLY! GADS NO! Ah, but in reality, it's one radical who wouldn't leave a suburban shopping mall in upstate New York. You do realize that when you're asked to leave private property, you must leave... right?

Should we continue.

Really PD, I understand how you dislike us, but this is extreme.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theyre HereAh, but in reality, it's one radical who wouldn't leave a suburban shopping mall in upstate New York.

The reality is that this is only the single most publicized instance...There are other similar reports popping up around the country. Look into it.

Originally posted by Theyre Here
If you think this is the case, why do you suppose daddy Bush didn't keep the oil fields in 1991 when we conquered Iraq?

Bush may want the oil feilds, but IMO, it's just a sideline to a more personal reason..."He almost killed my Daddy". Look it up...GeeDubya *is* quoted as saying that.
The oil fields definitely are on Bush's agenda...Check out some reports of the planning & building stages of piplines. You're pretty sure to find such reports scattered around for perusal...I just don't have any direct links on hand at the moment.

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theyre Here
Our conspiracy child, "Pure Darren" seems confused. He's saying:

PD: "People are getting arrested in American streets today for wearing anti-war T-shirts "
REALLY! GADS NO! Ah, but in reality, it's one radical who wouldn't leave a suburban shopping mall in upstate New York. You do realize that when you're asked to leave private property, you must leave... right?

Should we continue.

Really PD, I understand how you dislike us, but this is extreme.

Ooh ok well. mmmmm conquered Iraq?!!??! when did this happen, they did not even go into Iraq, the only people that went into Iraq were the SAS, Deep Deep undercover, i think its the oil feilds of Kuwait your thinking about, lol

Daddy bush did not go into Iraq because of a deal he made with Kuwait at the time to stop at the border, The thing is they wanted Iraq out of their country BUT they did not want the rest of the Arab world to see them to be the over all aggressor in the thing, they would have lost the support of the wider Arab world.

And yes we will continue Son.

You don�t know much about your very little history, which is worrying.

ONE man arrested for wearing a T-shirt, Boy thrown out of school for wearing an Anti-Bush T-shirt and Anti-war people taken and questioned for handing out anti-war flyers. And I bet its going on more than we hear about today.

Hey but don�t feel bad (do that when its all over just like the (good) German people did when they said they thought the Jew�s were going to a better life somewhere.

How could a person be so unsophisticated?

As I have said before I DON�T dislike the American I have family and friends in the US and have been to 25 States in 8 years. IT�S your current administration I dislike, get it right and understand it, Son.

And well, you did get the extreme part right, I have lived my whole life in my beautiful but harsh country, when one grows up in a war zone, one tends to grow up very fast, one tends to learn how to survive, you got one day of terror on your country, one day of fear and one day of blood on the streets, get over it already, I have had 25 years of it, and the rest of the world has had a few years of it, mainly down to your government.

Ooh I know, the people wont like us going into Cuba, so let blow up a few American airliners and blame it on the commies so the people will do what we want, history repeating itself, only this time they carried it out.

Don�t dare address me unless you take they sliver spoon down from your ass and be a man in the real world Son.

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by PureDarren]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join