It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the number 4409 mean to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
6 more coalition troops were killed in Afghanistan, including 3 U.S. troops

The total as of 7-10-10 is :

U.S. deaths in Afghanistan--1165, 218 this year alone

Coalition deaths in Afghanistan-- 1914, 346 this year alone

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
6 more U.S. service members confirmed killed in Afghanistan. This brings the U.S. death total up to 1171 since the war started, 224 this year.

Total of coalition deaths since the war started is now at 1920, 352 this year.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Another coalition death in Afghanistan. Bringing the total number of coalition soldiers killed in Operation Enduring Freedom to 1921, 353 this year.

The total number of U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan is 1171, 224 this year.

icasualties.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
6 more coalition deaths in Afghanistan

U.S. total is now at 1175, 228 this year

Coalition total is now at 1927, 359 this year

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I'm guessing that number doesn't include all the military suicides from the war:

OEF/OIF Veteran Suicide Toll: Nearly 15% of Overall U.S. Military Casualties Result from Suicide

Back in February, the Marines released their military branch's updated suicide statistics. They revealed the number of Afghanistan and Iraq combat troops and veterans who took their own lives in 2007 had doubled over the previous year.

Earlier this month, the Army reported its own current soldier suicide data, reflecting another year of record increases. And just last week, the VA chimed in with their latest OEF/OIF veterans suicide figures -- also another record-breaker -- for its Afghanistan and Iraq veteran clients.

OEF/OIF Suicides

Active-duty military forces
Marines, active-duty forces, deployed, 2003: 2
Army, active-duty forces, deployed, 2003: 25
Marines, active-duty forces, deployed, 2004: 7
Army, active-duty forces, deployed, 2004: 11
Marines, active-duty forces, deployed, 2005: 4
Marines, active-duty forces, deployed, 2006: 4
Army, active-duty forces, deployed, 2005-2006: 120
Marines, active-duty forces, deployed, 2007: 6
Army, active-duty forces, deployed, 2007: 115
Army, active-duty forces, deployed, January-August 2008: 62
Army, active-duty forces, deployed, through August 2008 (suspected): 31
Army, active-duty forces, between deployments, 2002-2008: ???
Army, active-duty forces, suicide attempts, 2002: 350
Army, active-duty forces, suicide attempts, 2007: 2,100 [5 per day]

Veterans
Marines, active-duty, prior deployed, 2003: 6
Marines, active-duty, prior deployed, 2004: 10
Marines, active-duty, prior deployed, 2005: 8
Marines, active-duty, prior deployed, 2006: 5
Marines, active-duty, prior deployed, 2007: 12
Veterans, separated from service, under VA care, 2002-2005: 141
Veterans, separated from service, under VA care, 2006: 113
Veterans, separated from service, not under VA care, 2002-2008: ??? [*at least 139]

OEF/OIF Suicide Totals
Active-duty military forces: 356 [+another 31 suspected]
Veterans: 295 [+another 139 not officially counted by DoD or VA]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
356+295=651 OEF/OIF active-duty troop or veteran suicides.

Source

Edit to add: These numbers are a couple of years old. From what I've read, the suicide trend has continued unabated.

[edit on 7/13/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah, the suicides are really sad. The number of soldiers wounded in OIF and OEF is disgusting as well. It's a very sad situation all around.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
9 more U.S. soldiers confirmed killed in Afghanistan. This is getting way outta hand.

This brings the total up to 1184 U.S. deaths , 237 this year

The total coalition deaths is now at 1936, 368 this year

This is very upsetting and it is only getting worse

[edit on 7/14/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
SuicideHK45 have you considered making a blog or some such (twitter, facebook, etc.) to which you could post updated death-tolls? People need to be made aware that every day people on all sides are dying, they need to be compelled by whatever persuasive means necessary to realize the awful reality and to join the opposition against these wars. I can hardly think of a better way to accomplish this than to inform them of the deaths occurring every day.

Many news stations had been doing this for years. On their prime-time broadcasts they read names and showed pictures of recently killed American soldiers, but they stopped doing this a few years ago. Perhaps they realized what many of us already know - the American public would prefer to not know the naked truth about their wars.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They were ALL volunteers.

NOBODY forced them to enlist in the military.

There are NO members of the military sent there by judges who gave them a choice of military service or jail.

That has not taken place or been an option for 30 years or more.

Their oath of enlistment that each and everyone took and swore states they Will give their life if necessary.

They ALL knew what the possibility of dying was.

Does ANYONE know the number of innocent Americans killed, murdered by illegal aliens that crossed our border?

4,000 annually!

The "war" that you should be concerned about is taking place here by these insurgents.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
2 more U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan

U.S. total is now at 1186, 239 this year

Coalition total is now 1938, 370 this year

One of my employees just found out from his girlfriend that her cousin was killed in an IED attack yesterday. My employee is scheduled to deploy for his 2nd tour early next year.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
2 more U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan bringing the American death toll up to 1188

3 other coalition troops were killed in Afghanistan bringing the coalition death toll up to 1943

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The Americans learned one lesson from Vietnam: don't count the civilian dead. As a result, no one knows how many Iraqis have been killed in the five years since the invasion. Estimates put the toll at between 100,000 and one million, and now a bitter war of numbers is raging. Jonathan Steele and Suzanne Goldenberg report

www.guardian.co.uk...

i think the estimate of 100.000 death iraq people, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is quite low.

The estimate that over a million Iraqis have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in September 2007. Opinion Research Business estimated that 1.2 million Iraqis have been killed violently since the US-led invasion.

www.justforeignpolicy.org...

The coalition death toll is fairly low compared to this.

What a waste of life these wars! on all sides

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

And just think these two wars were completely unnecessary. The civilian death toll in Iraq being overlooked by the MSM is one of the biggest injustices in the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I totaly agree with you here.
It cant stop to amaze me how so many people can get killed while we eat our corporate pizza at the other side of the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Two more coalition troops were killed in Afghanistan bringing the total to 1945, 377 already this year.

www.icasualties.org...

I get butterflies in my stomach every time I go to icasualties website to see if there has been any updates. These wars are really depressing.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Another coalition death in Afghanistan bringing the total up to 1946, 378 this year.

Unfortunately it looks like the death toll may eclipse the 2000 mark yet this month. I think that the entire death toll for coalition casualties will be more than that of Operation Iraqi Freedom, which is at 4730 right now. I hope this is not the case, but I think the U.S. will have many more casualties as the fighting is becoming more intense.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wounding the enemy to induce cost and waste of resources is a standard tactic these days...oh this was done to US soldiers by the US...
ooops

I don't even know they will ever calculate the total dead from this horrendous fiasco...

“However, a special report published by eminent scientist Leuren Moret naming depleted uranium as the definitive cause of ‘Gulf War Syndrome’ has fed a growing scandal about the continued use of uranium
munitions by the U.S. military.”

The “malady [from DU] that thousands of our military have suffered and died from has finally been identified as the cause of this sickness, eliminating the guessing. . . . The terrible truth is now being revealed,” Bernklau said.

Of the 580,400 soldiers who served in Gulf War I, 11,000 are now dead, he said. By the year 2000, there were 325,000 on permanent medical disability. More than a decade later, more than half (56 percent) who served in Gulf War I have permanent medical problems. The disability rate for veterans of the world wars of the last century was 5 percent, rising to 10 percent in Vietnam.

“The VA secretary was aware of this fact as far back as 2000,” Bernklau said. “He and the Bush administration have been hiding these facts, but now, thanks to Moret’s report, it is far too big to hide or to cover up.”

www.gulfwarvets.com...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Interesting position you seem to take, based on the "official" position.

It's probably good to raise awareness about the thousands of victims of the terrible US immigration and (lack of) border protection policies.

But to contrast these victims, with those in our military, you did what?

You pulled out the old standard that everyone uses against ALL those who have enlisted. You say it was THEIR CHOICE.

It's their fault, in other words. And in my earlier post, when I brought up the issue of some of those who have not necessarily chosen, your stance is that it's been "30 years" since that sort of thing? Dang, you are Oneolddude!

I hate to deliver the bad news, but the country you live in today, is all about doing things on the sly, with a nice big lie. SO, you've got a more or less "official" position (which recent news contradicts), and then you have the even more alarming "unofficial", easily refutable, story on forced service in the military.

Aside from the very recent Christian County news, with youths being sentenced with military "options" to serve, what's "the rest of the story"?

Military Enlistment of Felons Has Doubled

Let's see, number of FELONS has doubled in a short period, and in addition over 43,000 "serious misdimeanor" convicts, plus another 58,000 drug abusers, under what the military calls it's "moral waivers" program, are now proudly serving.

And you know what, there's still more to the story! Ever hear of the "three strikes" program? Yeah, some of these criminals really, really didn't need that third strike.

What's going on behind the scenes? Why is it that so many criminals, tens of thousands of them, are all running to get killed in the military?

Sure, they're just patriotic volunteers. Or, is there more going on here?

I know someone personally who had a career in the Army, and who left it, because he was sick of the "criminal element". He spoke to many soldiers, many who worked for him, and they told similar stories. The "unofficial" agreements to "volunteer", or else.

Wake up Amerika. It's all just smoke an mirrors. I like your signature line, but I would hesitate to simply accept Uncle Sam as that man of truth in this Age where Truth was the first casualty of war.

JR

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Let's not argue about whether or not these soldiers are volunteers and just do everything in our power to bring them home as fast and safe as possible. After all there is a new war going on at the border between the U.S. and Mexico.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I mean no offense to anyone and we have also lost troops here in Australia, but the main concern should be for the people of Iraq, over 100,000 thousand dead (real figures are much higher) a lot of which are women and children, all to feed the war industry and keep economy's inflated. How much is a child's life worth (Iraqi or American)?

There's only one way to end the slaughter or we will be faced with wars like this indefinitely. Wake up the sheeple, turn off the TV set and educate yourself on who really runs western governments, and who western governments truly represent. The Bilderberg group, IMF members ect should all be publicly named and put in trail, in their countries of origin, we the people need to have a military and police force that support and protect us, not vested interests and multinational companies. The ruling elite "Families" and their henchmen need to be taken down (non violently) and held accountable, so this can never happen again.

RESPECT NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY!!
RESPECT NATION BORDERS!!
RESPECT OTHERS CULTURES AND BELIEVES!!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by troye2407]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join