It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters Demand Disclosure from 10 Downing Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The things you say when you're on the stump and on a roll in an election campaign and then someone throws you a curve-ball.

David ‘Dave’ Cameron was at a public meeting in Tynemouth, North Tyneside in February when a member of the audience asked he would, if elected, “lift the veil of secrecy” over UFOs? Cameron, hedging his bets, responded that he had "no idea whether any of the sightings which have taken place or whether any incidents which have taken place have any basis in truth. I would be quite happy to give you a guarantee that if I became prime minister I would always be entirely open and frank about these things.”
Source.

Please read all of article before commenting.

Just gonna throw this out there and guess that they wont get anywhere. If Cameron is as 'with it' as he tries to make out then he should ruffle a few feathers and please the people

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
that's interesting. how would anyone ever really know if the "truth" was actually revealed? i guess they just want the government to say "yes, extraterrestrials are real."
but then it would move on to "we know you have technology!" and that would be the new "truth."
slowly, but surely, if there is any truth to the exo-politicians claims, disclosure will happen. what he will say now is "we are already releasing the files in pdf! its all we've got!"

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

nice find op. id go and protest but its abit of a treck from the north hahaha good look to the protesters

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Cameron hedged his bets because he is a politician and because pigs will fly before he will say yes. In any case it is not for him to say yay or nay. Before Cameron can give a disclosure on something so huge and life changing for humanity as a whole he must consult with his masters and they will never let it happen unless there was something to be gained for them in such a thing.

If Cameron suddenly tried to do the whole UFO disclosure on his own he would be destroyed and he will be aware of this danger because he will have been told by now I would think - if not right from the outset when it was noticed he might reach the higher echelons of political power.

Cameron has a wife and children to think about and his masters would I imagine not be averse to threatening them because the stakes are really that high as they have perceived it.

Disclosure as I imagine it means an end to this we have all around us and the things we see as being important .The only way the elite can give us what we demand is to spin the extraterrestrial visitation phenomenon as a negative and spin it in a way that makes them out to be the protectors of humanity because those people up there in orbit are not our friends and even if they come with smiles they will eat your babies when your back is turned. Lies will come with disclosure if it came from our governments but like humanity there are good and bad up there I am sure and not everything that glow is warm and smiley.

Some things that glow come with teeth and a will to use them. It would be naively dangerous not to consider this but on the whole we are still here and they have been visiting us for a very long time... We are still here!

An honest and forthright disclosure will not come from any terrestrial government my friend but I believe one hundred percent that it is coming, and very soon!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I agree with you.

Another possibility if aliens or ufos are presented to us is that people will question if they are real or a ruse (man made ufos, programmed life forms, etc.).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A handful of people stood outside Downing Street with banners and a megaphone shouting for "disclosure" will look stupid. In turn, anyone who believes in UFOs will look stupid, ufology will look stupid, and we here on ATS will look stupid. We all become stupid by association.

Pointless.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

And the protests to end Vietnam looked stupid all the same..Right? I think why not it’s about time they gave up the truth! Whatever means necessary?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

IMO, youve hit the nail on the head, i wish more people would take that attitude as it seems to be the scenario that will play out.

Kudos for those who are trying to get disclosure out there through the proper channels though. People seem to think that holding lectures/press conferences whilst making large sums of money is the way to go about disclosure, these are the ones that are damaging the subject, i think.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Interesting as this is, its not going to have any effect. It might appear on the news with a comedy spin e.g. "harmless kooks heckle PM" but thats about it.

Disclosure as it is referred to on these forums is not going to happen.

Govt will admit it when some form of mass contact occurs and then it'll be 'oh look, wow, what an amazing and surprising thing'.

Any mass contact will occur when the other parties decide we're either ready, or we have started playing with toys out of our age bracket and need a smack.

With our accelerating technical development I expect that the latter will occur first. With the LHC, Genetic Science and Nanotec all coming into use the clock is probably ticking.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

Kudos for those who are trying to get disclosure out there through the proper channels though. People seem to think that holding lectures/press conferences whilst making large sums of money is the way to go about disclosure, these are the ones that are damaging the subject, i think.

I actually am in agreement with this mate, those demanding £100 per lecture and making bold statements without evidence or proof arent doing this subject any favours, its made even worse of course when they say 'we have such and such evidence' and hold it back from us, even made worse that they demand large pots of money to hold the talks. use the very same fossil fuels and transport they claim our secret government is forcing us to use (yet its ok for them to do it as they are doing good?) they make rash accusations at our government for holding back free energy, and claim they have evidence of it yet hold if from us?

For me theres evidence to suggest PMs will always try and use everything they can, proclaim anything they can to get themselves into the seat, how often have voters been told something before elections and then told completely different afterwards?

These ufo conferences charging so much and delivering very little are nothing more than politicians themselves. If they have the evidence why hold back? why make money off it? surely they are just as culpable as the politicians and just as deceiving if they dont do what they promise?

Way back in 2001 Greer brought forward plenty of people to back up his claims. The disclosure project is still on going - they are still asking for monetary support, we're now in 2010 and 9 years on the mass public dont have this evidence, so now we're left to find out for ourselves. I personally dont think theres any difference between them and the politicians that supposedly serve us.. this disclosure is down to the civilians to wake up and do something about it and much about the other civilisations (whoever they are).

Finally, we've seen evidence to suggest governments have lied to the public about many things for the last 50 or more years, so why do civilians clamour so badly for the government to tell them, are they seriously expecting an honest answer?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Would those in the know allow Cameron to know the truth?

And if they did would they then allow him to disclose 'the truth' to us?

And would it be in our best interests to know?

I know I would like to know 'the truth'....but there are some wise people who adhere to the old adage 'ignorance is bliss'.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

Thanks, i just get annoyed when the people making money out of this are the ones that seem to be getting more limelight (not necessarily for the good of the cause). The ones who've spent a near lifetime researching UFO's properly seem to get ignored, as they are few and far between now.

The people who do this for straight answers and not for profit are the ones who will help us get disclosure on whatever level that might be.

new topics

top topics

join