It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UVB-76 Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Great idea here, and one that doesnt involve breaking into Area 51!

Why dont we travel to where UVB-76 is transmitting from and attempt to gain access? What would be required for a "raid" of sorts on the site? Not that we would actually do it of course, but I'd like to see other users suggestions on how we could get into the buildings as it seems like theres no guards/guard posts around.

Your thoughts...?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i like your moxie kid!

but i would like to point out that a post that says " lets not break into place "a", but lets plan a break in to place "b" instead....
is still illegal. whether or not you plan to break in is irrelevant, its called conspiracy to commit a crime.

the very act of planning it is illegal...

unless you are have all the money , media and power in the world, then its called status quo.

asif we arent on enough global watchlists..... (:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

perhaps i should have said the word "hypothetically"...!

so... hypothetically could it be done? From google earth, google maps and other pictures, it seems easier to get into or near rather then Area-51.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
lol... too late to say hypothetically now.

still... ??!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I kno what youre talkin about. When I was young we used to "break in" to a lot of places that seemed neat or cool... we never broke anything and only walked into unlocked doors and see whats behind it. There were a lot of office buildings, not really skyscrapers per se, but we would find ways to get to the roof and we found other rooms to explore... It`s not really illegal, but at the same time not something you wanna get caught doing, especially once you turn 18 cuz then u dont even have the "stupid kid" excuse and of course you can be charged with crimes a lot easier. so if you show up and the door`s unlocked, thats your decision. but "breaking & entering" means breaking something to enter. picking the lock is burglarey with possession of burglary tools, but if the door/window is unlocked... it should be legal. oh, unless there are signs posted i think. dang laws are so complicated no 1 person can understand them all! i dont even know what your talking about so it would be nice if you could trouble yourself to type a sentence or 2 talkin about what the heck this place is and what the transmission is you speak of. i dont care what you say, theres no way im the only one who doesnt know what that means around here and ya i can look it uup but im on my phone so id have to leave this site and yada yada yada... if there was a link it would have been a simple matter of clicking it then goinfg back to here

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We could get a group of micro lights and fly in

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Anyone up for a HALO from a C-130?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

Wouldn't be the first time I've done something like that. Have done a parachute jump a number of times.

Also we could have a live streaming set up so we could broadcast instantly what we see.

So... what do you all think?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We would need to be on as too many frequencies for them to jam and we would have to maintain radio silence and once we were on the ground it would probably get ugly. They would have gunships there within ten minutes (less if there were any in the air). We would need full combat kit and possibly AA weaponry. We would probably need breaching charges to get into the building and would stand no chance without proper spec ops training. Hell it would probably be a task even for the SAS. We would need gunship support and some strafing runs from AH-6's would be useful. We would need supplies dropped once we were on the ground and would need fast movers to take out any targets which the gun ships can't get. We would also need air superiority aircraft to stop Russian interceptors from taking down our ground attack aircraft. Since this is a military installation everything I just said is likely to be true. They would respond to any attack violently. For it to work we would need planned strikes on many military installations all at the same time which would stop them from responding. We would then get into the building to find a crappy radio from the 70s and a fat bald Russian sitting there with an AK-47.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

Lol star for you. I did not realise you were joking until halfway through! Was a laugh.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Twas funny to write. Reads a bit like call of duty. The fat bald Russian was an after thought that I added when I was about to click post. The funny thing is that it probably would be true since it is a military installation.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Where does it come from?
Just Curious because I don't know, didn't it stop broadcasting just recently?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
UVB-76 is a radio transmitter station in Povarovo, Russia. It normally transmits a "buzzer" sound, though on a few occassions it transmited numbers/letters. ( In HAM radio parlance, this would be known as a "numbers" station). These are widely believed to transmit orders (or lack thereof, telling deep cover operatives to stay hidden) to spies and operatives in foreign nations.

Maybe this was the station that was monitored by those 10 Russian spies that were arrested recently? That would explain why UVB-76 is now off the air.

And before anyone says "But its in Russia, how could the spies hear it in the US?", its realitivly easy w/ inexpensive HAM equipment or a shortwave to hear stations on the other side of the world, depending on atmospheric conditions.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
UVB-76 is not off air. It's still transmitting. This has already been debunked numerous times. Go buy a shortwave radio and listen for yourself.

I honestly don't know what the fascination is with this place, there are many other number stations that are much more interesting to listen to than that annoying buzzer.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by minute2midnight]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

That may be, but all I'm getting is static. Are you tuned in right now?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

UVB-76 is not off air. It's still transmitting. This has already been debunked numerous times. Go buy a shortwave radio and listen for yourself.

Ha, you are funny. I wouldn't even know how to turn it on! I have read about it before though and do find it interesting. The interest comes from the ambiguity of it. So......who's in Russia? Go knock on the door and kindly ask them what the big idea is!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It is very odd that after all these years this thing is still transmitting a signal...makes you wonder why it hasn't been decomissioned unless it has absolutly nothing to do with the cold war...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Had much better idea. I've written to the Russian embassy and asked them if it is possible to visit the location...

well its worth a try

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, that station is broadcast in Russia right? Try explaining to the Russian police and/or military that you are just a very curious American who wanted to see their radio station.

Ah, that's a good idea...

Originally posted by BSG75
Had much better idea. I've written to the Russian embassy and asked them if it is possible to visit the location...

well its worth a try

Let us know if you get a response!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by FrostyPhilosopher]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Will do, Frosty... Only I'm a UK citizen not in the US.

I'll post the responce - or lack of - on here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join