It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Don't Care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
You really can't expect people to act as maturely, logically, and compassionately as the ones on ATS.

Most people are so idiotic and gullible that they lose their humanity and don't give a crap about anyone anymore.

It's not because of genetics ("we, humans, are made that way. We are genetically gullible...") nor because they are just stupid...
THEY CHOOSE to close their eyes/mind/heart to ANYTHING that can disturb their petty way of living... It's more convenient.
They are to condemn as much as BP, our government/elite.

We all live in our own bubble and we care about reality when it's too late... when the bubble has exploded from outside pressure... Never from inside's.

And nowadays, they dont have any excuse to dont know as you just have to google "Gulf of Mexico oil spill" and you will have thousands of responses waiting to increase your knowledge/understanding of the situation.

We are a selfish/dekusional species on the brink of mass extinction... And we deserve it!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Project_USA]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think people care, they just try to ignore it. If they focus on it, what can that do except make them depressed. People are trying to enjoy their lives, selfish I know. But they can't enjoy it if they focus on the bad things 24/7.

But of course we need people to focus on the bad things to sort it out but don't worry we have PLENTY of people who focus on negativity everyday aaaaaaall day already haha.

I can see both sides of the coin.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Most humans don't realize we are all one.

What affects one of us affects all of us.

This is probably the single biggest "lesson" we 3d beings are meant to learn in this physical existence.

"I don't care until it affects me".

Dangerous Service to Self thinking, because, in reality, what affects one of us affects all of us.

You cannot get away from something affecting another human that it doesn't actually affect you.

And most people just don't see this.

Like grains of sand.................and "god" is the beach.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. I try to talk about it with people at work and they are "sick of hearing about it." This is unfathomable to me. How can you be sick of hearing about the end of things as we know it down South, and eventually a major change of things as we know it in the rest of the country?

Even in my own household, my roommate, who has family down there, doesn't want to talk about it or listen to me when I say she needs to work on getting them out of there, especially since they don't have plans to leave.

It is frightening to me how much people don't want to hear or think or talk about this.

S&F to the OP for a great thread.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

This is something I wish so much I could share, thank you for your posting of this grand truth of life.
There is a green thing by your name that says you are my friend, so I am doubly grateful, thanks again !
I need to spend more time here.
My Son has gone from being awake and ready to being apathetic about the situation. It is a sad thing, but I appreciate you out there in our world who exude righteousness, love truth, power, caring.
Thanks to the OP for a great subject!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I live in California and this whole BP disaster has really freaked me out! I'm heartsick when I see the animals suffering (no, I'm not PETA or even a vegetarian). I'm scared for the people there breathing the toxic fumes the gov't & BP won't admit. I'm OUTRAGED over the apathy in Washington.

I believe this will be the final nail in the coffin of what was once the great U.S. of A. and millions will be sickened and die.

Those who only care about themselves will one day wake up with no food, no fuel and worthless currency. I'm sure they'll be outraged then!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Bonjour, amigo, it is I the phoenix ! Good to see your love and care ! blessings to all. Hope you are well.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have been terribly disappointed to the reaction and response to this disaster. I live on the Gulf Coast, so my reaction is expected to be more intense than those living further from this crisis, but the total disconnect and lack of interest is deeply disturbing. This catastrophe is eerily reminiscent to Hurricane Katrina with the exception that Katrina was a natural disaster and this ecological horror is man made and possibly never ending. Human suffering is hard to watch, but to deliberately ignore innocent wildlife being killed by our own hands is deplorable. We are a soul sick nation.

I know, as many here on ATS know, that these are the birth pains that our earth is experiencing as foretold by prophets. I am not a religious person. I am not a member of any organized religion, but I do believe that the stories of old are are becoming a reality right before our very eyes. Why so many choose to sleep while our earth is in pain and so many beautiful birds, mammals, and fish are dying is difficult to understand and hard to stomach.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tha Girl They Call Roc

You know, I hate to be a downer, but I'm surprised you're just realizing this now. Nobody cares about anything, anymore. The world's culture is apathetic and vacuous, which is so ironic, considering we are supposed to be living in the information age.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I was talking about it with some people from work and they knew very little about what was actually happening in the GOM. I started to get mad because I don't understand how people could know so little about a huge disaster. I was sick to my stomach

Most ppl spend most of their time with their job, their family,
sleeping, eating and entertainment.

Not a lot of time in there for digging for the truth.

So it takes short 90 min films like Gasland to wake ppl up.

It is about bad natural gas practices here in the US so it
is somewhat related because it is about contamination as well.

The difference is what is caught in Gasland is intentional.

We also currently live in generation "me".

Most ppl only give a damn about themselves.

Seen it in my own family, family against family.

When the # hits the fan the list of ppl you can turn to is going to
get real short.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Next time you find someone that doesn't care, ask them if they are Christian.

I say this because I own a metaphysical bookstore and I end up talking about the Gulf spill to everyone who walks through my door. Guess what? Everyone I have talked to is not only deeply concerned, but are downright alarmed and feel that this is a harbinger of something else.

Most Christians are raised to believe in dominion-ism. They think God made this for us to use as we please because we have dominion over everything and in the end they are raptured into heaven once they use it all up.

I bet if you ask anyone that has any enlightenment they will tell you different.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I live in California, and I care deeply, thank you very much.

I also have a group of friends who rely upon me for news about the disaster. We are all of us heartsick and are doing what we can about it, which in the end isn't very much: call our congresscritters and boycott BP stations (ARCO mostly here).

So I guess it really depends upon which circles you run in. I've found that the more money people make, the less they care about this. But then, the more money people make the less they care about absolutely anything, except making more money.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I live in Washington state and my family and I are all very concerned for the people and creatures of the Gulf area. It's pretty much all we think about these days. We do care.

We are Christian and until this thread, never heard of dominionism...whatever.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Funny thing is, the person I quoted from California is a Christian, and his wife was going to become a nun before she chose another path.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
People just don't care. It's really that simple.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Guess my family and I aren't people.

There are many people who do care, unfortunately there have always been people who only care about themselves and their own.

I think many people are shellshocked these days from all that has happened. 9/11, banker bailouts, wars, Katrina and the no response, life savings wiped out, foreclosures, job losses, companies going under, massive illegal invasion, politicians ignoring us while filling their pockets with all our money, and now this. We're watching the destruction of our country and many people may be in denial and wanting to believe all is still well and bringing up this newest assault on our lives is more than they can handle.

There are people who do care, it just might not feel that way to you right now. I care.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Obviously, most people on ATS care - they even created a new forum for us to discuss it.

The rest of the world...not so much.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
one of the rteasons people "don"t care" is shoe horned by two elements.

1) dispersant being used so that oil doesn't bombard beaches like it should be in this scenario.

2) the other works in hand with the first. the media black out.

without really seeing what's going on, puts the whole disaster out of sight and out of mind.

it's perfectly orchestrated to make things seem better than they are.

it's that simple. period.

and you know what?

ITS WORKING...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tha Girl They Call Roc

Yeah it sucks! Most people don't care but, I also think people's ignorance is what is stopping them from knowing. I try talking to my friends about it. They say they like to stay away from the news because it makes them depressed. I talk with family and they know a little but, really don't keep up with it. I don't let it let me down. I just try harder and take different approaches to talking about the situation. Don't let people's ignorance stop you from trying to get awareness out?

We have to let people awaken when the time is right for them. Now is a time for the people on ATS to make a stance for the United States. If are government, BP, and THE PEOPLE don't care..... Those that do just have to get out there and make a stand. When friends and family see how determined you are... I am sure that eyes will start to open. We are at a time for great change.... and it wasn't the change Obama wanted!

Don't give up hope!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
"I do not believe there is any reasonable, um, evidence of anything of hope for America or for the world. That's my personal opinion. I think that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming. There's no doubt in my mind, for myself, I do not believe America or the world at large is going to be able to extricate itself out of this situation. No, I do not believe it's possible, and the reason why is because the people are too stupid. They're too ill-informed -- ignorant, ill-informed, unread, self-centered, egotistical, materialistic, and downright stupid. And they don't CARE. Basically speaking, people don't care." - Jordan Maxwell

This is the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. Although I knew all of this already, this quote struck a chord with me due to how truthful it is. In general, people really just don't care, and it will take an event of galactic proportions to wake them up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join