It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online ATS e-petition for important topics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have seen other members talk about a poll feature which I think would be great and wanted to take the idea one stage further and discuss the opportunity for an e-petition facility. The thought came about from posting a thread about Tony Blair receiving a US peace medal and I suggested we should protest against it. A medal for best perma-tan, but not peace.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I don't see any problem with a poll, it's just asking people for their opinions.

I do see a problem with e-petitions on ATS because of the position of neutrality that ATS takes. If someone starts a petition and ATS is involved then it's no longer neutral.

The only conceivable way to remain neutral would be to require that petitions be created in pairs, with two opposing points of view, but I still see this as problematic for ATS.

Soliciting and sharing opinions is one thing. Soliciting and inciting actions via petitions is a whole different level. And petitions are expressly prohibited by the current T&C:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind. "

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Indeed. The T&C that actually covers our neutrality is this:

6b) Neutrality: The Above Network, LLC provides a forum for discussing a wide variety of subjects, but does not endorse any particular theory, opinion, viewpoint or position on any topic. Furthermore, though operating costs are supported by advertising and promotional revenue, The Above Network, LLC does not officially endorse or promote any commercial product or service.

new topics

join