It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair to receive US peace medal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Blair to receive US peace medal

news.bbc.co.uk

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair is to receive a prestigious US medal and $100,000 (£67,000) prize for his work in conflict resolution.

The National Constitution Centre is awarding him its Liberty Medal for "steadfast" efforts to broker peace in Northern Ireland and the Middle East.

Previous winners include Nelson Mandela and former US presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush senior.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this. It is reputed that Blair has made in excess of £20 million on the speech junket and now sets himself up as an integral role in establishing a Palestinian state.

Being awarded a medal for a war that has cost over a million lives. I don't think so. This is wrong on many levels. He should be petitioned not to accept it.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me...I love how they throw money and awards on top of money and rewards to people who have more money then God and do not in my oppinion deserve any sort of award for peace when they start wars....amazing

Lol I keep looking over my shoulder expecting to see a candid camera crew following me around as I bumble into each new segment of this pharsical reality we call our society.

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hmmm, even if he got something to say thanks for N.I, would i be wrong in saying Iraq pretty much cancels that one out?

He needs to answer a few more questions, and honestly before he starts getting medals for peace.

CX.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

It's crazy. Start a war, get a peace prize. I know it is for his work in Northern Ireland and the Balkans, but seriously it makes no sense. Bush will be awarded a Nobel peace prize soon for bringing democracy to Iraq.

Oh and Blair's work in Northern Ireland and the Balkans is very questionable. Clinton had a lot to do with it. I am no fan of the man, but Tony went along for the ride. Remember, we intervened in the Balkans only after a lot of the ethnic cleansing was performed.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

What a strange and insane world we live in where a blood drinking war criminal can win a prize for conflict resolution. It is akin in my mind to giving a peace prize to the bubonic plague for bringing peace to a 13th century Middle English town (sigh).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Do they ever give out Peace prizes for anyone that actually has anything to do with Peace?? :shk:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yes how very topical, right in the middle of the Chilcot Inquiry and the new David Kelly evidence. Distraction nyet!!

peace, the man doesn't know the meaning of the word. Chocolate medal methinks..

Declassified documents show PM was told invasion would be illegal on eve of Bush talks

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Lol I keep looking over my shoulder expecting to see a candid camera crew following me around as I bumble into each new segment of this pharsical reality we call our society.

That's a good perspective...maybe that's what's happening...kind of like "The Truman Show".

That's how I felt when Obama won the Nobel. The peace prize created by the man who invented dynamite. How much was the prize? $2 mil USD? For a man who promised to stop the unending wars, and still has not done anything but expand them.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
All Tony Blair should get is publicly flogged!! if anyone deserves this award regarding Northern Ireland it should be Mo Mowlan (she'll be turning in her grave at this), not Blair, he and his freaky little side kick Mandleson only took over negotiations after Mo had done all the hard work.

This man makes me so angry, he's f.... the UK, Iraq, Afghanistan ruined countless peoples lives and still gets rewards, I'm not religious but I really do hope there's a Hell!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

I hear you.

I had forgotten about Mo Mowlam. You are right, she was instrumental in the peace accord.

Edit for typo

[edit on 1-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is surprising to people? Who was that who won the Nobel Peace Prize while being at war in two different countries? Seems so fuzzy now, can anyone refresh my memory?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He's getting this prize to distract the masses from the truth that we were never supposed to be in Iraq and Afghanistan. It makes his reasoning look good, when all he is a puppet of a spokesman. I have never liked him or his style, and this peace prize is tantamount to spitting on the graves of those who lost their lives during the past nine years in pointless combat. The collateral suffer once again while the figurehead gets away with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Give the guy a break,he's a friggen genius ,how many of you have sh@tloads of cash and medals to hang on your wall.You dont get money or respect from saving the world, thats for the volunteers.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This just in...

Mother Theresa is the Anti-christ!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The National Constitution Centre is awarding him its Liberty Medal for "steadfast" efforts to broker peace in Northern Ireland and the Middle East. Previous winners include Nelson Mandela and former US presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush senior.

Peace medals for war crimanls? whom have created all these wars under a proxy system? shame on the commtie

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
National CONSTITUTION Center.

Do they ever give out Peace prizes for anyone that actually has anything to do with Peace?? :shk:

Doesn't look like it.

Weren't some in Britain trying to get Blair tried as a war criminal recently?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This may provide a little insight into what some grassroots activists have been doing in an attempt to charge Blair with war crimes.

Warning: This link contains graphic photos which will disturb you.

Blair War Crimes Foundation

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
OK so this might not be popular but Osama bin laden has killed what 3 maybe four thousand people if we are to believe that he is behind Al Queda! Tony Blair was certainly behind the war in Irag, Afghanistan and of course the open war on terror. which has killed how many hundreds of thousands of civilians?

So i am guessing that he will get this medal from Obama who has a peace price for what exactly, sending even more troops to the middle east to be killed by road side bombs and to kill civilians in retaliation.

When will people learn that if you give baby killers like Obama, Blair and Bush peace prizes you are saying it is OK to kill people, just so long as you say you are at war.; hold on though Obama has signed off on killing dozens of US citizens who they claim are enemy combatants, isnt that what they called the people in Gitmo that had to be released because they were innocent!!!!!!

It is not OK to kill people, EVER!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My faith in humanity just dropped to a new low.

Why do we feel we need to praise and award the devious and evil?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join