It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

900 Million in G20 Security? What Did They Really Do With The Money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

900 Million in G20 Security? What Did They Really Do With The Money?

www.sovereignindependent.com

The tab for G20 Security was allegedly $900,000,000.00. But using simple math, $900 million is enough to hire a private security force of 900,000 men at a rate of $1000 per for one week. As the weapons and equipment were already owned by police and military/security personell, I'm trying to figure out how this much money was spent. Accomodations, food, travel?
Who pitched in and what was really done with that much money?
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.thefoxnation.com...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by astrogolf]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Lets say I have police and military personell at a rate of $500 per week. Then assume I feed and house them for 7 days at a rate of $75 per day. Round that to an even Thousand. Now...How many politicians to protect?.......Obviously, 20, plus their entourages. Say 25 per. That's 500 people, all housed in a semi-central location. Now I assign a security detail of 10 men to each leader, who of course brought their own. I'm at $200,000. Throw in a thousand police/security personell for the perimeter. That should be plenty, unless a foreign army invades. Now im at $1.2 million. So what am I missing. Did all 20 member chip in? Terrific. What do you suppose they did with the other $898.8 million dollars. Is this whole thing a giant long running scam to build a pool of funds? Seems like it. And they do this how often? So what are they ammassing these funds for. Because if the video link is any indication, it isn't for security.www.thefoxnation.com... I'm not expert, but this doesn't seem possible. I'm no expert on security, so I'll leave this to someone else to look into.

www.sovereignindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That amount of money could feed the worlds poorest for a year

I hope that it didnt really cost that much
If it did then theres something seriously SERIOUSLY WRONG with our SOCIETY

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That is so much money, that is insane.. lmao that is so insane. 900 million, I can see why they didn't care about those police cars that they seemingly abandoned to excite the protesters, this just pisses me off though, why didn't they just have a teleconference or something, this the the green revolution right? haha that's a bunch of bs, it's green in the sense of money in their pockets.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

the total spent on the g20 was about 1.3billlion

900m for security
400m for everything else(harpers fake lake, etc)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Does anyone believe that secret information was talked about? perhaps 2012 or other world ending problems. the true rulers of earth

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
and to top it all off protesters couldn't even get close to the fence, so there voices weren't even heard by these so called leaders

i would have like to see them address protesters and actually listen to their concerns instead of just sitting indoors watching the soccer game(i followed the news all weekend, and they actually reported that obama was watching the soccer game at the time cops cars were being burned)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I can't see the world stage actors to be the rulers of the earth, one part of me thinks that even all nations are staged and only the people are sculpted and controlled, and the nations, with their cult-ures and customs and languages, religions etc are the sort of river banks that keep humans flowing in a certain direction.

I think the true executives are unknown.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I know, I have said this before, and will again - Why do the Government not have end of year accounts as we do small / large Business, they run our Country so why can we not see where they spend our money!

I do know that here in the UK any council (Local or city) has to make public anything they spend above £500.......

conservativehome.blogs.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well, if it was on TV, it was staged... But we have the "true ruler of earth". Which I believe are probably scientist, theologians, anthropologist, etc etc. Or maybe they have the top of those fields. the 7-15 people who rule the world that is. Cult-ture that is frickin funny.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There are several aspects of the G20 that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Firstly, yes, 1.3 billion was the total tab, but worse than that was the head of CSIS (Canadian CIA) on CBC flatout saying that previous hosts LIED about the costs of their meetings. He was very clear that London and Philly's claims of 7-18 million for the meetings was lie.

Worse still is the reporter (Peter Mansbridge) didn't bother to ask for any proof. This guy claims that ALL G20 meetings cost nearly a billion and there is no follow up? I'm watching from home waiting for the OBVIOUS question to be asked about his proof for this claim and there is nothing.

WTF?

Secondly there are the Sonic Cannons...there were several of these purchased in Vancouver for the Olympics but instead of loading them on a plane for Toronto it was decided to buy more of them. Ok, so the police wanted some new toys, I like new toys too, but the devices weren't supposed to be used except for a last resort.

The day before the rep's even arrived there were reports of the police using these devices. However when there was an actual need for them...nothing.

Third, I can see that there was tension in the situation (I wouldn't want to have been a cop facing the possibility of thousands of rioters rushing me), however lets be honest...there was more force used than was required. The best evidence for this I saw live: As CTVNewsworld was reporting they happened to see their producer being drug away by the police. When they asked why all they were told was 'no comment at this time' or that it was possible the officers didn't see his credentials.

I watched as they drug the guy away, I could see his press pass CLEARLY in the video feed.

Fourth, the burning police cars...at one point the media was reporting that there were five or six cars on fire (the cheif of police later confirmed that 2 had been burned). All day long there was a camera or replay-loop that was showing the burning cars.

Finally the key words that were continually repeated were 'Black Bloc' protestors. I thought this was funny because out of thousands of protestors they admitted that there were fewer than fifty that fit into this group. Having watched footage from protests in the past I have seen that it is usually plants that are the ones dressed all in black so they can get the riot started without being identified.

The short version is that the whole fiasco was a farce. I think the biggest disappointment for the leaders was that the citizens didn't take the bait and start a full blown riot. There is now no reason to rush in a bunch of new laws against protesting/terrorism which is probably all they wanted; they definitely didn't want to conduct any business. Saturday they watched the World Cup and worded the press release for Sunday then had a 'working dinner' with the wives (bet they got lots done there).

All the important topics had been taken off the table weeks before the meetings started.

Waste of time and money.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That is a great question. I (being a Police Officer) cant even begin to fathom what black hole all that money went into. Even if they had every Officer on overtime, and every military person paid double, and catered all the food, and stayed in a five star hotel, and etc.etc., satellite survelliance, command posts, top secret gizmos that evidently didnt stop people from breaking windows. That still leaves a few hundred million dollars somewhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wait a minute, the world is avoiding world peace? shocking

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Two intersting items, actually three about these meetings: First is that Toronto's police chief had people arrested under powers, he stated, had been given by federal and provincial governments, for this meeting in specific. "Conspiracy to commit mischief." Except he never had that power. He made it up. No secret government rules. He lied to his officers about their duty to the law. Now he has to deal with civil rights and civil suits. He should be demoted to short pants and a bicycle.
Second: Co-insidently, a new tax takes place in Ontario just days after this great get together which adds 8% to just about everything.
And the other item which was conspicuous by its absence: What to do about the GULF.
That 900 million must be US funds for in Canada it is reported to be 1.25 billion, and that does not include hospitality or the Fake Lake. Nor the billions we committed to 'developing nations'.
Curiously there were a group of African nations invited as observers who were holding meetings among themselves planning where to spend their new found wealth.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimplyGord
"Conspiracy to commit mischief."

"Conspiracy to commit mischief." has been used before in Canada and recently, so I don't think it is a made up law, but I'm trying to find a statute for it. It might be in conflict with some other Canadian law re; detention without charge and being brought to court, there is a precedent for that,
en.wikipedia.org...
Which could be due to priviledge in that case, but then you can see how the knock on effect could cause a problem in something unrelated.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It was reported that 82 million was spent on police Overtime pay. One OPP was bragging on the radio that he made so much money in two weeks leading up to the G20 that he could pay off his mortgage. Many other police forces also sent their people in to join the brigade.

Still...that leaves 918 million left.

As a Canadian and a mother of one of the 900 arrested and illegally held with no valid charges, I am not going to stop screaming about this until a full independent public inquiry is held.

top topics

join