It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: Is It a Good Idea to Nuke the Oil Leak?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Wow....Sticking a nuclear match to oil that burns and gases that explode. Not only that, do it under a mile of water that will compress the force of the blast and impact the sea bed with much more force that an air burst.

hey that is one of the more intelligent and poignant things said here. O-M-motherf****n-G. s+f. there are vast amounts of methane which are explosive, oil which is flamable, and a covering (the ocean) which will concentrate the explosion downward. this is a huge s*** sandwich and we all gotta take a bite.

but i'd also like to point out for everyone here, that the msm is definately capitalizing and exploiting and twisting the heck outta this. there are a million other things we should be hearing about. and all they talk about (in america at least) is this. thats all literally. they dont cover anything else. not anything else at all. people! theyre not talking about anything else!!! especially not all the moves tptb are making against we the people. are we stupid?

and s+f to greensage. pull it out and let the healing begin.

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I still say no way. No need to be an expert I believe they couldnt careless about sea life and tousands of poeple living on the shores of GoM. So they wont care about the outcome if it dosent work.

They are just not stupid enough to set a fire and not bright enough to extinguish it either.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think it is a crazy mania to try to solve problems blowing them up

As the commenter said: remember what not to do

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I am going to sound like a Mockingbird but I am going to continue to say this, "pull the equipment completely out of the ground and let Mother Nature do what Mother Nature does so well."

This is something that can correct itself. Nature will fix it, She is not as stupid as we are.

The real sad part is that the pipes extending down into the depths of this nightmare were not meant to be removed. They always figured they could just cap the bloody things. This is why an across the board ruling should be made to stop this madness upon the planet.

We can only hope that the continuous movement of debris will slowly blast away the pipes until there is only natural strata. Then it will close itself, I promise!

You promise? That doesnt do much for me.

How about some evidence to base my own decision on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join