It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe approves US mass data grab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Europe approves US mass data grab

www.theregister.co.uk

Europe has signed a deal to hand over all bank transaction data to the US in order to help the ongoing war on terrorism.

The SWIFT agreement was signed yesterday in Brussels by Spanish minister for home affairs Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba and the US embassy's economic economic officer to the EU, Michael Dodman.

Rubalcaba welcomed the "excellent agreement", which he said had been reached after discussions with the European Parliament.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Now Obama and his regime can spy on us europeans. How did this happen? What's in it for Europe?
Are european politicians too stupid to realise that there is no such thing as 'war on terror' ? I hope the european parliament stands up for our privacy and stop this bill.
When will europe politicians grow some **** and take care of their own security and privacy matters.
Can't be the US lapdog for ever!

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

You do know the Rothschild banking family (whom are Jewish Zionists) is from England right?

Edited to add: The Zionists got into Europe through the history of banking which goes as far back as to Jesus and the Money changers. The Money Changers are the Elite that come from Israel.

So control of the Corporations are done by the same Elite rulers.

The Jewish Zionists control Nations/Corporations through banking and Usury.

There is no privacy, benefits, privileges, or rights.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Yes I know the bankers control US Europe. But europeans are more vocal in their protests, specially the French, they do need to wake up and begin another revolution and not falling into complacency like their american counterparts.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well I am an American, so I am unfamiliar with their laws.

Last time I checked though, gun laws were more restrictive over there.

Revolution should not be taken, IMHO. It only causes destruction and when your done your left with burnt buildings, a burnt economy, no food, no water, and Millions of hungry people with guns. Which ends in Cannibalism.

The elite never get caught since they seal themselves in big@$$ bunkers.

So its a catch 22...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This is no big deal. SWIFT is the standard for data transmissions between banks and other institutional investors. Swift transactions are typically performed in an omnibus manner, meaning all like transactions are bundled together. For example, 10m shares of a stock will be in the SWIFT data feed between banks or most likely a custodian bank and another institutional bank. The receiving bank has the breakdown of what specific accounts those 10m shares are dumped into, but you can't get that information via reviewing the SWIFT data feed. This will enable governments to understand if large amounts of money is flowing to banks on a terror watch list.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This has happened because everyone was kept distracted by other events and it is the same old tactic come back again to benefit the power mad at the expense of the subtly enslaved.

I do not think it was ever about European politicians being too stupid to realise anything, it was always really about certain people with growing powers in Europe positioning themselves into a perfect strategic position so that they could one day do what it is they had been placed into their position to do... Tighten the vice and further consolidate the strangle hold on all of us and further remove any semblance of power from us.

My opinion is that European politicians have always been corrupt and awake but they were never in it to serve us any more than those people in the UK parliament and the elite in Washington are in it to serve us. There is no representation and there has not been for a very long time.

The thing is the game and it is a cynical and bloody game that is now becoming much more transparent and this time may be the period for preparing in our own lives because when the power drunk elite no long bother hiding the nature of the game from us then it can be assumed that the game is all but over and all that needs take place shortly is to cash in... Game over!

... Or at least that is my take on what has just happened/is happening.
In any case I still do not think there is no need to worry and I am laughing at their desperation, and they will pay a very heavy price in the end! When something collapses and starts destroys itself by taking to desperate acts and desperate measures then it always looks very scary but it is us they are scared of and thus they act out of fear.

Their time is soon to be over – great times!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Bad news from France for you. Don't expect anything good coming from here anytime soon.
The politicians are all freaked out since a strike a few years back near Strasbourg where employees rigged a few gas bottles together and threatened to explode the factory.
Sarkozy has the media on a tight leash and very little ever filters out to the MSM.
He even makes jokes saying that now, nobody ever notices when there is strikes in France.
We do know the situation is getting near to desperate, but something really huge needs to happen to set things in motion and I don't see that coming soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Strikes me as being a waste of time and effort. Surely a more effective system would be to allow the US access upon request for targeted individuals?

So what are they going to do leave this to a Bot program of some sort to carry out data mining on illegal transactions? Will they look for all illegal transactions or just the ones that could be related to terrorism? Most people do their illegal behaviours off the banks radar. Or will they look for unusual purchases of fertiliser by people with Muslim names?

They will have to brush up on European law then, because what goes for the US doesn't necessarily mean it's illegal in Europe.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is what they want. The ones underneath the governement, they want complete control and they want to unite the world into one single governement. And they want to control things and they want the power to themselves. NWO and bilderberg alike, all want more power....

But there is one truth that changes everything. Imagine everyone woken up to the realityof their world and their controllers. Imagine Every Single person, rebelling against them....

We have what they can never have.... Big numbers.... And no matter how brilliant you are, there is a limit at using people and abusing them. This will eventually fall uppon them. Lets wait and see !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I seem to remember a lot of popular support in Europe for Ba-ROCKSTAR during his European Tour.
Now you can enjoy that Hope and Change along with us Americans.

Thanks for the support, Komrade!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I seem to remember a lot of popular support in Europe for Ba-ROCKSTAR during his European Tour.
Now you can enjoy that Hope and Change along with us Americans.

Thanks for the support, Komrade!!!

He never had my support, I always thought he looked a Smarmy Get!

My old man once told me "Never trust a man who smiles all the time, he's hiding something". He's a daft old bugger, but sometimes he comes out with some very wise advise.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Yeah, well...i am mostly being light hearted.

I did not and do not like Obama. The only thing i need to know is that he is a member of a political party.

I do not vote for national level or state level politicians that ascribe to a party platform and accept party funding. I know it is futile...but it is me just doing my part.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Don't worry, Europe will have access to all our financial information too once the new Financial Reform Bill is passed.

It's been mentioned here on ATS recently, but I can't remember exactly which thread because is was a sort of side note if I remember correctly. Here is the BILL and the section you want to find is Sec. 981.

Basically it's a quid pro quo for Swiss banks granting us access to their records to prosecute tax evaders here.

It's a dangerous idea to be sure. It's aimed at syndicated crime bank accounts and will surely rub very influential people the wrong way. Expect a lot more organized crime violence once they start arresting a small fish in an operation and seizing all the big fishes assets in every bank across the world.

top topics

join