It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: hiring illegal immigrants the modern day slavery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
so i am outraged to here a comment like this yes illegal immigration and hiring illegals is wrong but comparing it to modern day slavery.....wow......slavery is inhumane and a very horrible thing the U.S. did........in saying this beck is doing the same thing as comparing a murder to a theft.......they are both wrong but you cant compare these two things.........illegal immigration being the theft and slavery being the murder...........i think beck should appologize to african americans.........

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JTpirate

MORE FAKE OUTRAGE PLEASE

I can't get enough of it.

Slavery is the US tax system.

That's slavery.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So a person called glenn beck talks about slavery what about torture that he endorses on innocent people so he can sell his rubbish to the population.

This guy just like jones has to come up with stuff. Like john lear said its called the ufo disease,w here you have to keep feeding people once you have them listening, or they do not bother anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
cant agree anymore with that....you said it man......its terrible to think that our kids will be born into this mess....we need to fix it now.....and we need to start by cutting useless spending.......$7 million a day to israel....can you say goo.......

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
to mnemeth1......my outrage is getting this out to as many people that like this ahole beck who talks out his a33............i could never care about any one thing so much as to take my time to do whatever deemed necessary to qualify to your standard of "outrage"......that would require my life revolved around that and once your life revolves around one thing you have a mental problem...........

[edit on 1-7-2010 by JTpirate]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JTpirate
so i am outraged to here a comment like this yes illegal immigration and hiring illegals is wrong but comparing it to modern day slavery.....wow......slavery is inhumane and a very horrible thing the U.S. did........in saying this beck is doing the same thing as comparing a murder to a theft.......they are both wrong but you cant compare these two things.........illegal immigration being the theft and slavery being the murder...........i think beck should appologize to african americans.........

You act like the US was the only country to ever use slavery and black people were the only people to ever suffer from it. Slavery goes back to ancient rome, engypt, and the dawn of man. Appologize to 'african americans'? For proposing turning the worthless scum that wander into our country and take our jobs, spread disease, and raise crime rate into slaves? They should be shot on sight. Maybe then they wont be flocking over the damn border anymore?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think it is slavery when you exploit one race
to benefit another.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
first there is no proof that the jews were slaves in egypt so you xtians dont go claiming that.......

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

first there is no proof that the jews were slaves in egypt so you xtians dont go claiming that.......

Well excuse me....My Bible says that they were slaves

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yes and your bible also talks about a man named jesus......can you prove he lived other than your book.......

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

yes and your bible also talks about a man named jesus......can you prove he lived other than your book.......

he's in the quran aswell.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
yes i know this.......all are just stories written by man after jesus lived..........all within the region........yes i am saying they are wrong too

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

yes i know this.......all are just stories written by man after jesus lived..........all within the region........yes i am saying they are wrong too

should we appologize to the black people again?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes sir I can prove that Jesus/Yeshua lives.
He lives within my heart!
Jesus, name above all names,beautiful Saviour,
Glorious Lord.Emmanuel,God is with us, Blessed
Redeemer,Living Word.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to be as nice as I can about this statement...
IF PEOPLE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT ILLEGALS TAKING JOBS...PUT THE PEOPLE WHO HIRE THEM IN JAIL!!!! FEDERAL ASS-POUNDING PRISON!!! Nuff Said. But those same people are business owners who give a lot of money to the Republican party last I checked. I remember that old saying that republicans come in one of two flavors...millionaires and suckers...Of course no democrats do anything to resolve the situation, but they don't cry on Fox News to get ratings.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i joined ats because i am open minded.....but c'mon......really thats your proof for me.......i think you are probably a great great person and you dont need a book to tell you what is right and what isn't..........i am very interested on how you see the world.........if you dont mind me asking........what rules/laws/commandments do you believe we need.......and also.....what about the kids born who will never be taught who jesus is....or ever hear of the bible.....where will they go when they die???

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
Okay, I'm going to be as nice as I can about this statement...
IF PEOPLE ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT ILLEGALS TAKING JOBS...PUT THE PEOPLE WHO HIRE THEM IN JAIL!!!! FEDERAL ASS-POUNDING PRISON!!! Nuff Said. But those same people are business owners who give a lot of money to the Republican party last I checked. I remember that old saying that republicans come in one of two flavors...millionaires and suckers...Of course no democrats do anything to resolve the situation, but they don't cry on Fox News to get ratings.

If you were a business owner and had the option of hiring a United States citizen for $8 an hour or an immigrant for $2 an hour who would you hire in a bad economy? The business owners arent the blame because every one of you would do the same thing.

Jail isnt always the answer as you can see. Law enforcement throws everyone who commits even the smallest crime into prison. Innocent until proven guilty? YEA RIGHT! thats why I waste away in a holding cell with 30 other people for 1-2 weeks before I'm even able to see a damn judge.

Whos to blame? First the damn government for screwing up the damn economy with their bankster bailouts which we the people paid for so they can turn around and throw us out our #ing homes. Then blame the stupid Mexicans that want to turn their country into one big drug opperation then flee when # hits the fan.

Also please we really dont need a Jesus freak in this thread. Keep your oppinions to yourself on that regard.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
nuff said owlbear......you hit it home......i think the irs needs to tighten up in this case.....i mean you let someone hire an immigrant you catch em throw the person in charge in jail and send the immigrant back home........done deal............and ya my bad on the religion thing.....people just get to me when they believe in talking snakes and blah blah blah lol i will start a seprate thread for that kind of talk....just hard to resist

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am going to disagree with you on this. Hiring of illegale immigrants for substandard wages and with no rights to fight any on the job abuse, no means to turn around and complain or rectify any and all grievences is tantamount to slavery, holding them in a position of very little hope.
Consider this, you work a job, if your rights are violated, you can call and get it corrected, no matter what the right or grievence. However, if you are an illegale immigrant, who do you call. If you get injured on the job, the medical bills are taken care of by workmans comp. But illegale immigrants, who are injured on the job, have no such rights. So lets sum it up:
Illegale immigrants are hired for jobs that will pay less. Have no grievence process, has to risk abuse at work, if injured, have no medical. Slavery: Slaves are captured, and everything is provided, lill or no money, have no grievence process, will be abused at work, if injured have no medical. Well if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck, feels like a duck, it is a duck. Hiring of illegale immigrants is tantamount to slavery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join