It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Broker Banned for Drunk Trading Binge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LONDON-(Reuters)

Britain's financial regulator has fined and banned a former broker for manipulating oil prices by buying more than 7 million barrels while on a drinking binge.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said it fined Steven Perkins, a former employee of PVM Oil Futures Ltd, 72,000 pounds ($108,000) and banned him from working in financial services for at least five years for carrying out trades without the authority of clients or his employer.

The FSA said Perkins bought huge volumes of Brent crude oil

in the early hours of the morning on June 30, 2009 after drinking heavily for several days and then lied repeatedly to his employer to cover up his actions.

Shocking. The absolute balls of those people. They dump billions of barrels of oil into international waters off OUR coast, and then go on drinking binges and have SHOPPING SPREES! IMO every BP executive, stock broker, and share holder should be artificially rendered to the coast of Louisiana where they are bound, gagged and flogged. From there, we should take the aholes right to the big mess they created and make them drown in their their own filthy greed.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What does Brent Crude, which comes from the North Sea, have to do with BP and the Gulf??

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

Acording to Wikipedia.

Location Atlantic Ocean
Coordinates 56°N 3°E
Coordinates: 56°N 3°E
Primary sources Forth, Ythan, Elbe, Weser, Ems, Rhine/Waal, Meuse, Scheldt, Spey, Tay, Thames, Humber, Tees, Wear, Tyne
Basin countries Norway, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and the United Kingdom (England, Scotland)

He is British, thats why he was sentenced under British jurisdiction.

FOR MODS: Realized this is in wrong forum. Could you move this to the BP forum? Thanks

[edit on 1-7-2010 by MarlboroRedCowgirl]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

You are a riot my friend! I'm so glad you picked me as your friend. We might not agree politically but I do believe that we are on the same page.

You are so funny, I can't stop laughing............

But seriously, you need to tone it down, just a notch, that Side Show Bob comment in your other thread that was closed down..... limey, etc.....you can't insult people like that......it makes you look bad, but don't ever loose your sense of humor.......

And please do not be frightened of my avatar....I'm really a people guy.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
What does Brent Crude, which comes from the North Sea, have to do with BP and the Gulf??

My thoughts exactly. Judging from the reply he gave you, I can only assume he had no idea that Scotland and the North Sea around her, are in fact British.

Personally.. I find the story rather humorous.

top topics

join