It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roswell Mystery, v.1 - v.17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was looking for UFO DVDs on amazon and I came across this series called The Roswell Mystery. Apparently the US Government put out a series of DVDs to accompany the voluminous The Roswell Report: Fact Vs. Fiction in the New Mexico Desert and The Roswell Report: Case Closed put out by the US Air Force in 1995. Fact vs. Fiction dealing with a supposed crash landing of an alien spacecraft outside of Roswell NM in 1947 and Case Closed dealing with the supposed cover up and removal of alien bodies from the Roswell crash site.

The DVDs look as if they compliment the two books put out by the US Air Force in the 1990s and appear to be just as grandiose. There are 17 volumes in this series. Yeah, that's right 17 and they range in price from $10.95 to $18.95. They are sold by amazon, but they are actually released by the National Archives and Records Administration(NARA).

I bought the first volume in the series and intend to watch it tonight. I'll post a review in this thread after I've done that. Anybody else bought these DVDs or know anything about them? At $10-$20 x 17, they aren't cheap and I'm just wondering what is covered in so many volumes. Per haps there are a lot scans of technical data and schematics from Project Mogul and various other CLASSIFIED projects for which the U.S. Air Force essentially says the UFO crash report was used as a cover. At any rate, it's the US government talking about UFOs so it should be examined whether you think it's a valid explanation or if you think it's just more cover up.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So lemme get this straight. You just posted a thread about a movie you intend to watch.

That doesn't sound like a DVD selling advertisement at all. Nope. Not one bit.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ouch...well, Im sure they could be very interesting...who published them? @ $170-340 bones, I hope there is more than you can find available in pieces over the net.

Let us know if it was worth your cash outlay

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I suspect that they will have loads of all kinds of vintage Air Force footage in these DVDs, and that they will say that no aliens or flying saucers were found, and that it was all a big misunderstanding. That's my guess.

The Air Force's explanation isn't all that great, and I suspect that they're still covering up something, although rather than aliens, I figure it has something to do with all those ex-Nazis working at White Sands at the time. Something they still don't want to talk about, for obvious reasons.

The biggest mystery about Roswell is how such a huge thing like the discovery of a craft and beings from outer space left so little in the way of paperwork or solid evidence. Just a lot of unsubstantiated stories (rumors).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
Ouch...well, Im sure they could be very interesting...who published them? @ $170-340 bones, I hope there is more than you can find available in pieces over the net.

Let us know if it was worth your cash outlay

I only bought the first volume for $10.00, not all 17 volumes. They are published by the US Government. Released by NARA and sold by amazon.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
So lemme get this straight. You just posted a thread about a movie you intend to watch.

That doesn't sound like a DVD selling advertisement at all. Nope. Not one bit.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by NightVision]

Why the snark? Are you accusing me of trying to shill these DVDs? What would be the point of that? The only reason I had the amazon link is because I've never seen them mentioned anywhere on the internet except on amazon. There are 17 volumes, I don't think I could watch the whole thing and post a synopsis it would be too time consuming. I just thought I'd share what I had found with those who are interested, clearly you are not.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My apologies this might be a little off kilter... However on reading the thread i now have this vision of the guy who played the Drill Sergeant in "Full Metal jacket " narrating the official government film.

"Listen up you conspiracy ****wads, if i hear you so much as whisper that it was an alien craft i will personally rip every last one of your sorry heads off and defecate in the hole"....

"I don't care if ET landed on your lawn had carnal relations with your sister and left the ash tray from the ship, this was a balloon, a glorious Mogul balloon as issued by the United States of America's Air Service for use in secret anti communist operations."

"In short ladies, if the United States Services tell you its the ****ing Wizard of OZ, then you will say it was the Wizard of Oz, am i making myself perfectly plain or are those damned hippy locks blocking your ears?"

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

I just watched the 1st volume. It's strange that they would call this 'Roswell Mystery' as it would appear, at least to the Air Force, that the "mystery" has been solved. It's essentially a propaganda film of low quality, reminded me of the old documentary films from elementary school days. It uses archival footage which is interesting only because of it's novelty. The film was put out by the Pentagon. I think this volume is an overview. Much of the archival footage appears to be where the Air Force got the material for the still shots presented in the two books I mentioned in my first post.

Opening shots talk about UFO interests and shows several books by researchers of the Roswell incident mostly authored by Kevin Randle. A few seconds from the Fox TV alien autopsy broadcast footage are shown, pics of the Roswell UFO museum, etc. The film goes into why the Roswell Report was put together, at the behest of Congressman Steven Schiff of New Mexico. Still shots of declassified documents pertaining to Roswell, footage of archive workers retrieving documents, etc. Goes into the history of military operations in southern New Mexico. Talks about weather balloons and basically says that the Roswell incident is nothing more than regular classified and unclassified Air Force operations in and around southern New Mexico witnessed by civilians who did not know what they were actually witnessing because they were unfamiliar with Air Force operations.

It goes into a long history of the high altitude parachute jumps and has a biography of Captain Joseph Kittinger who still holds the record for a high altitude jump at 102,000 feet.

The film also hints that the Roswell UFO theories are a disservice to dead US Air Force personnel killed in the line of duty around Roswell as several theories, so the Air Force says, involve misidentification of the dead personnel taken to the Roswell AAF base hospital were the bodies mistaken as aliens. The Air Force claims the UFO theories somehow scar their memories.

The end of the film has nothing to do with Roswell but is almost a recruiting plug for the Air Force describing it's rich history and listing legendary air force personnel such as Billy Mitchell, Jimmy Doolittle, etc.

All in all, it really doesn't add much to the discussion that most people don't already know about the US Air Force position on the Roswell incident but adds another layer of government involvement in the alleged cover up / disinformation / investigation / disclosure - (take your pick) . I found it interesting only from the viewpoint that it's the US government / US military actually talking about UFOs and aliens and that is rather fascinating to me regardless of what they are actually presenting. The motives behind creating such a film is what researchers and enthusiasts really seek.

The 'Roswell Mystery v.1' film is 24 minutes 32 seconds long

The film was:
Produced by Secretary of the Air Force Declassification and Review Team (SAF/AAZD);
Written by Capt. James Mcandrews and CMSgt Owen Costello
Edited by Peter Hatzakos
Narrated by Don Hukle
Researched by Capt. James McAndrews

HQ USAF Television Center - II CS/SCUT Pentagon Washington DC. Written by

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

I actually found some of the volumes on line, there might be more on youtube. Looks like interviews with those involved with the Roswell incident. As well as the first volume I reviewed in the post above.

volume1 www.archive.org...
volume2 www.archive.org...
volume3 www.archive.org...
volume4 www.archive.org...
volume6 www.archive.org...
volume8 www.archive.org...
volume10 www.archive.org...

new topics

top topics

join