It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Organizations Refuse to Report on Drug Cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have no article on this because what news organization would slander themselves. Fear of reprisals from the violent drug cartels keeps reporters from reporting. Notice how the cartels are never named in the news. They know who is doing what, but they fear attacks on themselves so they just shut up. Even this website fears showing what is going on and will remove posts that mention these cartels. I have some news but I won't bother posting it because it will just be removed.
The drug cartels are composed of military and police personnel put there by selectively enforcing drug laws in America and Mexico. I know this sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory but do some research for yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
How about the

Washington Times - Drug cartels buy guns deep inside U.S. - www.washingtontimes.com...

the USNews -Mexican Drug Cartels Threaten American National Security - politics.usnews.com...

and the New York Times? - Mexican Drug Cartel Violence Spills Over, Alarming U.S. - www.nytimes.com...

3 different stories on drug cartels in the United States from 3 leading media outlets.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I read them all very fast.
Did you not notice that not one drug cartel was named? Only the head of all the drug cartels was named: El Presidente. They are too frightened to name one cartel or member. This war has to stop as it is making fools of an already foolish media.
www.google.com... QjCNEJpLnC1VcPp3SxZ4Jx2-4RAecKPQ
www.google.com... WDg&usg=AFQjCNFoYAzx24kX-ZjRiqYAngqN_DK-3w

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, maybe the CIA is selling them the guns, doing busines with them. Or maybe a drug cartel memebr is running things in those news places? people were sent heads in abox as a threat not to speak? other than that, it would seeem the media is not as informative and reliable as they should be, serving the pulbic as they are supposed too* in other words, bullsh**

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I have no article on this because what news organization would slander themselves. Fear of reprisals from the violent drug cartels keeps reporters from reporting. Notice how the cartels are never named in the news. They know who is doing what, but they fear attacks on themselves so they just shut up. Even this website fears showing what is going on and will remove posts that mention these cartels. I have some news but I won't bother posting it because it will just be removed.
The drug cartels are composed of military and police personnel put there by selectively enforcing drug laws in America and Mexico. I know this sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory but do some research for yourself.

Your absolutely right.

There is no way that they are doing this without major support within our government and police. Police know who the dealers around here are, the local guys who arent even movin kilos, they follow them around in unmarked cars, but Im suppose to believe they dont know who the big traffickers are? Give me a break. If you dont have support within the gov, your going to get caught if you try to move weight like the cartels do. There is no way in hell you could run an operation the size of the one they run and not get caught by luck, period.

I dont even know the name of the cartels trafficking in my area, when hear people talk about their cartel connects, its always "the cartel" - but I dont want a knock on my door so Im gonna stop there lol

Is there just one cartel that controls most everything or something? Is that why they wont say the names?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Btw, I am sure there is a media black out. As I talked about in another thread, there are cartels in your state, they are in every state. Their numbers are not small, imo it is definitely not safe if you are a reporter to talk about the issue as much as you should, these guys are not friendly and they are in your city, you dont want them to pay you a visit. Im serious, if I was a reporter, I'd be scared too.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
At the top of the drug production and distribution sits Bush, Cheyney and the CIA - and they work for Rothschild - its all for a purpose.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
While I don't doubt conspiracy involving members of the US government and drug cartels.

I frequently see the cartels named in US news stories, atleast when that particular cartel is known to have committed the crime. Many of times its unknown exactly who did it, just mexican drug cartel. Or maybe they do know and just don't want to say.

I'm sure what you speak of is much more prevalent in Mexico than the US.

Here's some news links with no problem mentioning specific cartels...

LA Times articles referencing the Tijuana Cartel

Tijuana Cartel

This story is actually fairly new, and potentially disturbing.

Narcotics agents arrest suspected cartel member in Oklahoma City

I was going to post links for all the known cartels, and show just how much coverage in the US of them there is, but honestly its easily found with a 2 minute search.

new topics

top topics

join