It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are No Drug Company Conspiracies.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
sigh ...

we cant treat a disease... its really difficult.

It is however quite easy to treat the symptoms.

And in treating the symptoms we give the body time to fight off infection.

What good would any antibiotic do if a person died from a fever before their body had a chance to fight off the disease responsible?

Pharmacology messes with things we dont fully understand. There are many side effects and yes we over medicate and its unhelpful but you have to realise that actually killing off the microbes that cause a disease really difficult. Even more so with fungal infections.

Im studying Immunology and the body has an increadible apptitude for fighting off disease and its very rare that the disease itself kills someone and not the "symptoms".

Influenza killed thousands before we learned how to regulate body temperature with drugs.

Doctors arnt out there to kill you
... doctors actually try to help.

Ill agree pharmaceutical companies are in it mostly for the profit, but to deny that drugs actually help people is just beyond irrational.

Do you realise what it would take for pharmaco. conspiracies to be true? Everything they teach students would have to be false ... everything they teach doctors would have to be a lie ... i mean everyone in the field would have to be in on it. Youd think there would be a significant portion of those people who are honest? lol its not like the CEO's of pharmo companies actually know what the drugs they make do?

~TR~

ps. kevinunknown ... if i may ask what is it you do?

(edit: spelling etc)

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Tomb_Raven]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Look mate take all the pharmaceutical drugs you want and all the vaccines you want.

No one is stopping you.

I suggest you make a new will leaving them all your property and wealth, perhaps so they can make a cancer cure for future generations or provide a few lap dancers for their hard working Executives.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

That is bs.

For every drug out there that treats symptoms there's an herb or nutrient that can heal it.

Take statins. The top 5 statins aren't as effective as niacin. That's right, just a vitamin taken in high doses that's FDA approved.

Statins increase the overall longterm mortality rates, while niacin is the only treatment option proven to lower it.

Drugs hurt more than they help. To say it's simply about profit making is . . messed up in the head. Do you not realize that greed is an EVIL ?? How have people become so demoralized? In this case, greed has lead to criminal negligence and the death of tens of thousands of people each year. WTF??

YES, the doctors are being lied to. DUH. They take one nutritional course throughout their training, and get schooled from the get go on pharmaceuticals. BigPharma has the $$$ to infiltrate the organizations and educational institutions. The people who think for their selves, see the corruption, and have a conscience get out of the business, because it's entirely corrupted.

This is pretty much common sense in the 21st century. Get with the times, man.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Have you ever googled Pineal gland and breast cancer?

www.google.co.uk...

Hey come on someone start the thread!

Also I once read that Morphine which is prescribed by the UK Government to help people off Heroin is in fact more addictive and harmful than heroin itself... if this proves to be correct why is it prescribed as the healthier alternative? Maybe because the production of morphine is controlled and beneficial to the Government?

www.google.co.uk...

Both addictions are fundamentally wrong... also look up this naturally occurring drug and tell me why it hasn't hit the headlines...

www.google.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

yeah but that would require people who arnt sick yet to lead healthy lives...

wheras if someone goes to a doctor with previous cardiovascular problems and is exhibiting more cardiovascular symptoms what are you going to say?

oh yeah eat healthier... well duh.

However Niacin could reduce the cholesterol problems the patient is currently facing and when they're no longer in risk of dying or suffering from stroke/heart attack in the near future maybe they should reconsider their life style and eat less cholestorol inducing foods.

i mean in the perfect world everybody would go to diatricians and live healthy lives... but if theyre sick and about to suffer problems whats more effective? A direct acting agent? or preventative measures?

Statins are necassary to produce NAD... which is required for the most basic of processes: respiration ... without NAD most organisms would die.

I dont get your point?

~TR~

Edit: @ above: well heroine was actually invented to treat morphine addiction... now the reverse is true ( ironic eh?) ... once again people miss and over using drugs is bad ... we all know that. Doesn't mean the medical community is out to kill you

Edit2: i mean i agree there are better methods than treating illness... those would be preventing the illness in the first place. But the two are completely separate kettle of fish. You can "treat" an illness with a "preventative measure"

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

WoW, I am not the only sane person on ATS!!! Thank you so much for restoring my faith in this site and humanity

You have made very good points, but then again you like me are a “disinformation agent” of the pharmaceutical branch of the NWO”. I think allot of the other posters on here are just looking for a conspiracy were there isn’t one.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
They lie about many of the side effects of some drugs. They lie about dangers such as suicide with antidepressant drugs. They lie about the effectiveness of antidepressants. They knew that it caused an increased risk for suicide but never made it public, and think about the number of people that died because of that. They lie about withdrawal effects. They over charge and lobby against cheaper medications. It's all about the money unfortunately, even if it costs lives.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

well such is the fate of most sceptics on this website

if i may ask what is it you do? (U2U me or ignore the question if you dun wanna post the anwser here, im just interested)

~TR~

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You obviously have done little to no research on the topic.
It is known FACT that pharma researchers have schlubbed their data in order to get medicines OK'd for mass consumption. MONEY is the only thing that faceless mega-corporations care about.

Here's some knowledge for ya: Scandal in the Pharmaceutical World

Baker Drug Scandal

[edit on 2-7-2010 by mpriebe81]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You noticed how many people on this thread and on ATS in general are “Google Doctors”? Not that I am a Google Doctor, just pointing it out.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You noticed how many people on this thread and on ATS in general are “Google Doctors”? Not that I am a Google Doctor, just pointing it out.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

My apologies, but they don't run this kind of stuff in the MSM....looks like i'm paging Dr. Google again. This stuff is pretty well-documented, but hey don't believe it if you don't want to.....but it doesn't mean that it's any less true, it just means that you're basically sticking your head in the sand.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Yes, and if you chose to believe it are you not just doing the same sticking your head in the sand by ignoring the mainstream media and medical journals. Ohh except when it suits you.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Do you plan on reading any of the links included in this thread and
responding to the information that goes against your claim?! Or do you wait
for the one guy who agrees with you and thank him for him for making you
feel sane. While I don't think the whole field of science is in on one big lie. I
have read and seen videos that show companies suppress knowledge and
hype up upcoming flu's. The only motive for such moves could be money.
Why give a man one pill and cure him when you can give that man a lifetime
of treating symptoms?

The conspiracy may be blown out of proportion, but if you truly believe that
a pharmaceuticals best interest is not money, then you have not dug very
deep in the subject matter.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The pharmaco industry working as a business is hardly a conspiracy?

Theyre not hiding a miracle cure... theyre not being half arsed

drug development is an increadably long and complicated and expensive process.

The way we get new drugs is mostly through serendipity... through testing thousands upon thousands of chemicals until you find one that mimics the effects of natural chemicals found in the body and helps fight a disease.

The thousands of research scientists have to be paid... the equipment they need has to be constantly updated and replaced they need state of the art labs ... it all costs STUPID amounts of money.

Then once they have a working drug they need to go through years and years of testing. And the testing has to continue for years and years after the drug is released. They need to collect data to in order to determine what the drug does in special circumstances.

Drug research is a huge long term investment. Its insanely expensive.

And on top of that its an insanely competative market.

Yes pharmaco industry is corrupt but no more so than any other business... its run by the same greedy short sighted people. And yes from time to time it goes wrong and they cut corners and they should be punished ... but thats just greed and laziness not conspiracy.

But as always money is the bane of science and progress...

~TR~

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Here's some more information for you: Pharmaceutical scandals

This stuff is well-documented and can be found EVERYWHERE online. Is it really any wonder the msm won't run these sorts of stories???? I'm sure they're paid very well not to.

Sorry to say it, but were you born yesterday?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You just kicked up a s##t storm!

Of course Big Pharma is poisoning everyone, endless profits for them.

EVERYONE knows this, even the ones who know nothing about "conspiracy theory" (which is a phrase I am getting quite sick of) know it.

Have you seen how many drug recalls?
How many side effects?
Americas poor health rating compared to the rest of the world?
Lastly, as a CEO of a company, any company, it is your LEGAL obligation to make profit first and foremost before any other obligation. Honesty and integrity do not produce mass profits my friend.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

have to say i did think this would kick up a bit of a storm. Yes i agree that drugs companies are driven by profits but to make these profits there product has to be safe and work, and every now and then there may even be a bad apple in the pack. But I don’t think its fair to say that any company that is profit driven is complicit in a conspiracy. Think about how many people would have to be involved, every health professional and most of the people that work for the drug company.

And drug recalls prove there is not conspiracy. Think about it costs tens of millions to produce a drug and get it onto the market for sale. A recall is a massive loss to a drugs company, it only further proves my point that there is no conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well actually, when it comes to doctors, thay are also driven by profit. I know a pharma sales rep and I assure you there are many perks for doctors. Also, pharmaceutical companies spend alot of money "educating" doctors both through universities and seminars. Most doctors will tell you, when questioned, that with the plethora of "treatments" available, that what is best for your particular "illness" is trial and error. My daughter had really bad sinuses and all the doctor could offer was nasal sprays (which they had on hand right there in the doctors office, complete with a prescription ready for future use) None of the sprays did dick for her suffering, actually they exasperated the problem. I went to the herb shop and got some goldenseal and haven't had a problem since.
As far as recalls go, they know its bad before they sell billions of dollars of the stuff, there are medical proffesionals out there who feel that the risk to humanity is far greater than the risk to profits who are vocal on the risks from the beginning. BUt, they proceed anyway, when enough people become ill they recall it, with a tax break for their losses, then either sell it to a third world country, or donate it w/tax break, or they remarket it for another condition.
As far as conspiracies go. There is always a conspiracy, right down to the corner shop putting the old milk up front in hopes to sell it before it goes bad. There is always a dirty little secret to maximize profits. Were you aware that BigPharma also has Trillions of dollars invested in Fast Food companies? I see that as a serious conflict of interest, how can you be in bussiness to make people well when you have so much corporate interest in things that will make people sick?
Consider television comercials, especially the ones for anti-anxiety and anti-depression drugs that air during Saturday morning cartoons, they kind of make you feel like you have a problem that you didn't know you had......but its Saturday morning cartoons, that means young impressionable minds are being indoctrinated into a system of drug use, which in my opinion is completely unneccesary, I mean how did people cope with anxiety and depression before we had phsychotropic drugs to treat it? and why is America full of so many sick people that need all these drugs to treat conditions that may not even exist? The numbers are staggering, prescription drug use has soared, especially since they were allowed to advertise freely.

The reason I dislike the word conspiracy is because it is not conspired. It is right up there in your face if you are willing to see it, how can you see it though if your mind and body are sickened from chemical induced highs, lows and organ damage? There is no conspiracy, just badly covered lies and in your face mind numbing propaganda.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Sorry but there is no way that all doctors are “in” on any pharmaceutical conspiracy, even if a group of them were i am sure that there colleagues would expose them.

And drug recalls usually come with law suits. Look what happened in china when there were selling dodgy infant milk, not only did they get sued but i think they got the death penalty

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join