It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepwater2!!! Dont they learn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The uk to fund deepwater2

I just thought you guys should see this, as i had never heard of it before, and there was nothing about it on here.

Apparently according to documents recently found, the uk has plans to fund one of the worlds largest and riskiest oil drilling projects, that dwarfs the size of the Bp deepwater rig, that led to the oil spill disaster in the gulf.

The oil and gas reservoirs of the Campos basin are considered some of the most hazardous in the world to access, pushing offshore technology to the limit. The P-52 rig replaced one that exploded and sank due to human error in 2001, killing 11 people.

Have a look and let me know what you think, dont these fools ever learn?
Source

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

I can hear it now, the proverbial jobs and growth argument, which I say okay, but to what end? Probably when there is no oil left. It does seem risky but I bet they will utilize the Sonic warning units that we neglected to implement for whatever reason.....money?
I hope the Gulf tragedy will cause heightened safety efforts and protocols in the future with every oil company in every country.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't see a problem here. The gulf oil spill was an unfortunate accident and soon it will be capped and in the history books just like all the other just as large or larger oil spills of the past 50 years. Everyone treats the gulf oil spill as if it's different than all the rest....So to not build another deepwater oil rig, is silly, that's like not building a car because someone had an accident. They just need to be careful like always and do things right.

join