It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by nik1halo

reply to post by John_Q_Llama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The women all look sad.
No wonder.
So the country is beautiful.
And the people are mad and sad.

Tehran

Yeah, inconsoleable that one! most miserable person I've ever seen! Poor woman!

And these ones look so sad it seems they're off to the gallows!!

What the hell is wrong with that girl's fingers?!?!?!

I'd see a doctor about that if I were you!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Yes everyone go and listen to Adminejad and his UN speaches all of them are very intelligent and full of sense !

He is probably one of the better speakers at the UN general council meetings

Oh and please dont bomb iran because Iranian girls are like some of the hottest chics on earth !

I've met a few girls from Iran in Glasgow and they are HOT HOT HOT !

[edit on 2-7-2010 by sapien82]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

What the hell is wrong with that girl's fingers?!?!?!

I'd see a doctor about that if I were you!

Observant, aren't you?
But hey, there's no need to see the doc!! Lol!

Ok, to give you a heads up on this, it is the mark painted on by Iranians supporting the reformists. You'll generally see this during voting.

Here's another...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is not the first time a thread like this has gone around www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same concept with some different stock photos of an undoubtedly beautiful country. Unfortunately, the good people of Iran are ruled by an extreme band of old school, die hard Mullahs.

A good part of Iran died when the Shah was overthrown in 1979. The face of the Iranian govt. changed forever at the expense of the people and a way of life that was very similar to ours in the west. Soon after the fall, the military and the extremists took control and entered into an 8 year war with Iraq.

During the war period, children as young as 12 were forced to serve in the Holy War with Iraq. This resulted in many citizens, with the means to do so, to literally escape Iran in an effort to protect their children before being forced into war. Reportedly, these child soldiers were used to clear mine fields by wrapping themselves in blankets and rolling around the area to be cleared. The blankets were used to contain the body parts and to facilitate clean up of these sacrificial "soldiers".

That information came to me first hand from a friend whose family escaped Iran in 1985 in an effort to protect him and his younger brother as they were about to enter the age of military service. They made it out first with their mother and their father followed 4 years later.

Today, it is the Iranian govt. that is feared the most. Not the average citizen. It is the govt. that created the Revolutionary Guard to protect the revolution movement and its achievements that began in 1979.

Aside from the Guard, Iran has also created the little discussed Qods forces which operate under the Revolutionary Guard and are charged with cultivating and supporting terrorists abroad. The Qods force provide aid in the form of weapons, training, and funding to Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist groups, Lebanese Hezballah, Iraq-based militants, and Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.

Furthermore, the current regime still violates the human rights of its citizens.

A little more on the qods force.
en.wikipedia.org...

Iran is increasing its paramilitary Qods force operatives in Venezuela while covertly continuing supplies of weapons and explosives to Taliban and other insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to the Pentagon's first report to Congress on Tehran's military.

The report on Iranian military power provides new details on the group known formally as the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF), the Islamist shock troops deployed around the world to advance Iranian interests. The unit is aligned with terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, North Africa and Latin America, and the report warns that U.S. forces are likely to battle the Iranian paramilitaries in the future.

The Qods force "maintains operational capabilities around the world," the report says, adding that "it is well established in the Middle East and North Africa and recent years have witnessed an increased presence in Latin America, particularly Venezuela."

www.washingtontimes.com...

To reiterate... People good...Govt. bad... Sound familiar??

Don't forget about the Basij either. They are the ones that you saw working against the protesters during the 2009 elections and the months that followed.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The propaganda demonization of other countries is one of the worst crimes against humanity ever committed. Unfortunately everyone seems to do it, even the Iranians.

But I agree, they live in a beautiful country and are a beautiful people, as are the Russians, the Germans and the Iraqis, all of whom have been demonized at one time or another.

Turn off the TV news. Watch the National Geographic or other humanitarian based shows, although even they can slip in political messages.

People have got to wake up and stop listening to the voice of big bad brother, wherever that voice emanates from.

Most people have to be goaded into war.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I didn't know that. Thanks for the education

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Posts like yours are the reason I come back to ATS.

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d35089a6507d.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The Shah of Iran was nothing more than a brutal dictator who was despised by most Iranians. He was brought to power by a British led coup in 1941 and lost power briefly to the popular nationalist leader Muhammed Mosaddeq in 1953 who tried to bring about democracy in Iran, then was restored to power in another coup sponsored yet again by the CIA. The Shah was notorious for his brutal secret police force, the Savak, which was formed with the help of the CIA and Israel's Mossad.

The Shah, loved by the US but increasingly hated by the Iranian people, was no less a tyrant, but he could be counted on to side with the US. Therefore he was a friend to the US, regardless of his human rights record.

This is another example of the American government interfering with a sovereign nation and the reason today why most Iranians just want to be left alone and the main reason why they see America as the Great Satan and it doesn't look like things are going to change anytime soon.

Iran Had a Democracy Before the US Took It Away.

www.truthdig.com...
An Anti-Democracy Foreign Policy: Iran
www.fff.org...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The pictures of the landscapes are beautiful. Too bad the area is controlled be religious extremists.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Oh yea. These remind me of Berchtesgarten and Hitlers Kehlsteinhaus and The Berghof at Obersalzberg.

exactly what I was thinking . Nazi-Germany was beautiful too, while Hitler was busy destroying the world....

And another amazing observation: It took only 2 posts before someone started muttering "Zionists" "Israel" tssss...

By the way, I am SOO TOTALLY against any war-effort concerning Iran. Iranians are, generally, well educated and especially those well-educated suffer under the crazy mullah's that still make the policies overthere. I know quite a few Iranian refugees . All of them highly skilled and very well educated(and staunchly secular!). Their school-system is ,apart from their daily propaganda routines , pretty darn good.

Sadly it's the poor people in the countryside that make up the bulk of voters, and they are scared as heck of "The West". A fear that's been skillfully exploited by the mullah's. Ahmi was, in fact, the first to try to bring some form of higher education to the "inlands" Yup, Iran has it's inbred rednecks too...

Ahmi knows where his limits lie. If the mullah's say "jump" he can only ask "how high" and not "why?"

He's pretty conservative by our standards, but in his basic convictions, almost a libertarian as far as the mullah's go. Iranians know darn well how limited a "civillian" government is, when goin' vis' a vis with the church.

There is a warning in there somewhere....

[edit on 7/2/2010 by diakrite]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Loads more images here

Click

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The groce blanket-thing? It is true! An Iranian friend of mine was drafted in the Iran-Iraq war and had been tasked with clearing those messes up.

He finally dared to ask "why" and had to consequently flee for his- ,and his wife's life.

oddly enough he was, secretly helped by his commanding officer(yes, they do have honourable people there..). He fled on foot(!!) to Turkey and ended up overhere.

His beautiful daughters are fully American, and feel no need to go to Iran. He, however, misses the, indeed, beauty of his "Persia" but knows that he will be shot/hanged on arrival. After ALL these years, all soldiers that fled during the Iran-Iraq war, still have death-warrants looming over their heads . That's the type of government the clergy keeps in place. Ahmi is just a sock-puppet. nothing more. He'll be gone with the slightest misstep, and his remark about dressing-code was a close shave.

The bloody beating-down of the green revolution, was the doing of the clergy ,not Ahmi, he was just the willing tool. Khameney's Goring, so to speak.

[edited for blatant mis-spelling]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As Jack Nicholson said in Mars Attacks" why can't we all just get along ?" I say that kind of jokingly, but it's a good quote .

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Great vids!!!

Seeing that girl giving the morality police a good 'ol whupping ,makes me pretty scared of having to face Iranian chicks in battle, when the right-wing hawks get their way.

But ,sadly, you are right. The regime will get even more violent while Iranians start to revolt more&more, untill the next generation takes over. The old clergy knows that, and they are scared.
The Neda video, disgusting, appaling and utterly, utterly sad as it was, has awakened more than hatred for Iran. It has awoken a feeling of kinship in the western world. Hence the trouble of the war-hawks to get their war on Iran.

With the current crisis in the background ,and 2 expensive wars still not resolved, people are rightly asking: Why another war. Neda gave Iran a face, more than any leftish propaganda ever could. Iran sudddenly became "a person" A luxury that Iraq never had.

Nice scientific fact: most dictatorial regimes have a shelf-life of about 33 years . Iran has upped that, but it's government's time is running out.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
S&F, Orion. Not just for the pretty pictures, but for the premise that this thread poses. While I have not been to Iran, I have talked to enough native Iranians to know that they want the same things we want. If our technology & global economic system allowed us to travel freely, experience other cultures, & eat w. the locals more often, I'd bet that world peace wouldn't be far off. All I can do for now is live vicariously thru Tony Bourdain.

Perhaps this is why free energy is such a tightly held technology? but thats another discussion.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The pictures of the landscapes are beautiful. Too bad the area is controlled be religious extremists.

Yes. the landscapes are awesome. Also the art of Persian garden design is breathtaking, even i "only" saw it first hand in South Spain and the Baha'i garden in Israel.

However, if one really care to understand, why so many Iranien refugees miss their country, one have to look at the good sides. Among them, these pics. Also the party pics, one did post. They do party. Drink, smoke and listen music and everything else "forbidden".

But, the reasons why many do not go back there, is because of the government, or in other words because they know what will happen if they don't jump, when they are told to do so.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Tehran

Yeah, inconsoleable that one! most miserable person I've ever seen! Poor woman!

Really, whos those guys in the pictures on the wall? Evil and lesser evil? Ugly and Uglyer.

Looks like they are in the same party and stuff.
What freedoms they enjoy.

Looks sort of like an Amish nighmare gone real time.

David Koresh takes over Texas...and stuff.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by barrywood

American warmongers want to attack Iran when they can't even attack their own corrupt government. Clean out your house first. Just because America is under Zionist occupation doesn't mean you all should wish for other countries to be brought to its knees to the same type of imperialism.

Some of us are pretty well fed up by our govt and equally ball- less people who support it, thankyouverymuch- but, the so few of us who WANT a better life... well, have you ever had to try to direct a herd of stampeding cattle by yourself? You simply cant.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't know why you people are complaining about the government in Iran, the CIA in 1953 overthrew the democratically elected government the Iranians had and installed the shaw. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hugitout
I don't know why you people are complaining about the government in Iran, the CIA in 1953 overthrew the democratically elected government the Iranians had and installed the shaw. You reap what you sow.

Yeah..ahem..then there is that little detail....

The US has mucked-up about every venture in foreign "policy" they ever undertook, and all of it started back-firing when the USSR fell. I guess we are somewhat like children in a "special school" Not really stupid, but slow in the uptake.....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join