It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thank you OP!

Not to take away for your thread, but i recently posted a thread of my personal experience in Iran, it's a good compliment to your thread.

Cheers mate,

What Every Should Know About Iran!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No doubt Iran is a beautiful country. It is host to some of the world's most ancient civilizations.

There is one problem though. I am pretty sure the ruling regime in Iran would have no qualms with a photographer broadcasting the pictures you displayed. Although these pictures are a major part of what Iran is, there is relatively little out there showing the other side of Iran.

Iran is also the home of a despotic regime that violently squashes its opposition. It is a place where many human rights abuses occur in the name of religion.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Iran is also the home of a despotic regime that violently squashes its opposition. It is a place where many human rights abuses occur in the name of religion.

At the rate things are going in the USA, things here won't be much different. As it is now, people who oppose the government are labeled, listed, or somehow categorized. How long before those people meet an unfortunate demise or sent to prison?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Come on people, use the search engine, seriously. This is the third "Iran is actually beautiful, and I have PICS!" thread I've seen go trending just this year (2010).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's a great shame that entire countries and their entire populations get judged by the actions of the people in power and governments. When in most cases the major issues caused by the people in power are completely disagreed with by the majority of the populace.

I could give a thousand examples, but to be honest, if you think about it right now for your own government, I'm sure you'll probably agree.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Isn't this how we started with Saddam? Oh wait, it was WMD's at first and THEN it was to remove a despot. Same road, different country.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

That's exactly it!! When Bush was in power, the US image suffered greatly abroad. People were bitching about those "idiot Americans" just because their leader was a total retard. I have A LOT of American friends, and had the pleasure of living in LA and NYC for quite some time, and it was very annoying having to correct people and tell them that the actions of a government doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions of a whole people.

Iran's government has committed countless atrocities...but guess what, so have most Western (incl. the US) governments. Guess who trained the Taliban, the US. Guess who also tortured people after 9/11...yes, the US. Guess who accepted Nazi gold during WW2...Switzerland...a country most people wouldn't call "evil". EVERY government has a dark history, or commits crimes against humanity!

It would be nice to see the PEOPLE stand up and say "NO MORE!!". In the end it's us people who suffer from the idiocy of governments, and it doesn't matter if it's the US, Iran, or Switzerland. If war breaks out, we will suffer the most! And for what? Cheap oil? Some imaginary threat that hasn't materialized yet...WMDs in Iraq? Iraq supporting terrorists? And during all that time we KNOW Bin Laden's in Pakistan...yet we decide to go after another country because it better fits our agenda?

Fact is, governments mostly suck and lose touch with the people. It doesn't matter which country you live in, or which side the politicians represent (left, right, center). Yet we continue to suffer because of their actions, and we just take it because the politicians appeal to our patriotism.

This has NOTHING to do with patriotism, it has everything to do with being STUPID!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Those are beautiful pictures, no doubt.

But I'm sure Germany was beautiful in 1939, too.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes, there will be collateral damage in war. I did not say there wouldn't be. I think the intended targets of missles and bullets should get equal billing if not top billing.

This topic is entirely stereotypical along with your point of view.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Good info OP. How would America feel if the rest of the world's media showed mostly tent cities that are now popping up bigger than before, and say the projects in Detroit or any other failing city.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by happybuddha77

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

I hope they do. That would be great.

Make it a several part mini-series of several major cities.

Interview people to see what happened to them.

I think it would bring some much needed light to the American economy.

....anyhoo....what's this got to do with Iranian Castles and people standing in line apparantly all waiting to be bombed into oblivion by Israel and the US?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I'm starting to think that our government is the leader of the axis of evil.

If you are referring to the US, then you are correct.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Isn't this beautiful, too?

This is in Dachau, Germany.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by happybuddha77]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by happybuddha77

I couldn't access your pic but what has that got to do with anything we're discussing here?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by happybuddha77

Totally irrelevant post imo. Of course most countries have beautiful countrysides. But people already know this of Germany because it's a fairly well known country. A lot of people have no clue about Iran apart from the MSM "evil" crap. Hell, most Americans I spoke to don't even know that people there don't speak Arabic, or that it's not all desert. Yet they blindly buy the reasons the government gives for a potential invasion...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Pretty pictures have nothing to do with their government or leaders, or backing by the people. Germany and the USSR were very pretty. Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty. North Korea is pretty, I know because they rained down pretty pictures on leaflets onto US bases in South Korea.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
First off folks Iran has a theocracy running the show. Ahmadinejad is the world face. Remember who it was that said Ahmadinejad won the election? A religious based gov't is dictated a little by the word of the invisible man in the sky and alot by the men who hold the power. I especially like the pic from Uramunat- Kurdistan, the Kurds seem to have this problem of being attacked by various countries in the Middle East. I.E. Iran, Turkey, Iraq under Saddam Hussien.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So because it's pretty we shouldn't go to war with a actual threat?

Yeah, makes total sense.

some people are just so damn.....

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Even if there was such a thing as "axis of evil", you couldn't kill it and bombing it kinda makes it worse.

You can't even exterminate crop pests without most dire consequences let alone an entire population of human beings. It's how universe works, history should teach us that if not common sense.

But people always find justifications for murder thus enabling perpetual violence with no end in sight. Perhaps that's how it should be, maybe hell really is endless.

Well that's my twist of the thread... nice pics

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join