It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
America REALLY needs to CHANGE

THEIR image ....

from this.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af6fa691d908.jpg[/atsimg]

TO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f81425765437.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Oh yea. These remind me of Berchtesgarten and Hitlers Kehlsteinhaus and The Berghof at Obersalzberg.

I seem to be missing your point, unless it's to equate Iran with Nazi Germany. We KNOW of beautiful places and people in Germany. The purpose of this thread is to put a face on those that have been demonized by the western press.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i'm sure if you tried you could find pictures of a beautiful Germany, Italy and Japan, post WWII and even find pictures of beautiful people too.
its not the land its the govt/ leaders of the place and thier supporters thats the problem

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

My point in general was that bucolic settings are just that.... settings. Seeing these photos says nothing, one way or another, about the people that live there. Anywhere in the world this is true.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Straight your facts in these two important threads - now!

Great Iran Quitz - "Surprising Facts"

26 basic questions about Iran with answers that might surprise you. The following quiz is an attempt to introduce more balance into the mainstream discussion of Iran.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Ten Big Media Lies' About Israel

Michel Collon, a Belgian journalist and author, in his book "Israel, let's talk about it," has slammed European media over decades of "lying" to people in order to support Israel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then we can talk.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now go...go see the world .Travel if you can afford it. Take pictures to remember.

For our governments are the real lunatic fringes.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Granted, these are beautiful locations, but here is the rub:

Israel is home to, what, several million people. Israel is surrounded by, guessing here, 40+ million muslims. Using my weak math, why hasn't Isreal been wiped off of the map once and for all by such an opposing number of people?

Simple: Israel will turn the Middle East into a glowing parking lot before they give up their country.

Both countries are playing a very deadly game of chess, and I fear that a checkmate is coming soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Awesome collection. Thanks

Remind me of my grandma, who used to travel to Persia years ago for private visit. She loved it.

Anyways. The news likes to cover the dark sides only. They paint Israel, Iraq and all other "heated" places with same negative brush, cause it's their job.
So, the positive sides we must look for by our own, for the sake of "deny ignorance". Other, we will miss out on the beauty in this world and the chance to meet people from other cultures.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I did not know it was THAT beautiful. But I have always known it IS Beautiful.

What would you expect? It is the home of a thousands year old civilization. Even the Bible speaks of them as the oldest empire. Sumeria started in those lands. So many events in history are there. It is a wonderful nation.

That said, I do not believe there is that bad of a stereotype of Iran. Definably a hatred for the government, and rightfully do.

Though I must admit. I do want to live in a muslin nation for a while eventually as par my desire to see the world. You just put Iran high up there.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by barrywood

American warmongers want to attack Iran when they can't even attack their own corrupt government. Clean out your house first. Just because America is under Zionist occupation doesn't mean you all should wish for other countries to be brought to its knees to the same type of imperialism.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by barrywood]

What are you smoking man?

The majority of Americans want nothing to do with Iran let alone another war of ANY kind.

Believe it or not the American people are fed up with our occupations all across the world and war is not on our list of things to continue.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yep, gotta remember that it's not the people of these countries who are to be viewed as evil, bad, etc. It is the governments and the media who portray them in that light. Why do people have such a hard time seeing someone from a country like Iran as just another person? Why?

I remember watching a documentary about WWII. Some of the American soldiers who survived spoke about how before they went into action they had a mentality that the Germans were evil. It was great motivation for getting the young men into the war and into combat. But when the fighting was over, and as the years pass, those same soldiers realized that the Germans they had been shooting at were good people not unlike themselves. Some of them even went back to Germany to meet them and talk about their lives. That's what we need to do. Set aside the stereotypes, misconceptions, and assumptions. These are people, like us, who don't want war. They just want to be able to live their lives instead of having governments jockeying for power, resources, and other political nonsense. What's so wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Goto Google Earth and zoom in on Tehran, and there are hundreds of images taken on the ground... many with english captions)

And re the beauties of Iran

I was across the room from the wife of the Crown Prince of Iran.. The Shah's son's wife.
she was the most beautiful gal I had ever seen. The impact took my breath away, If the rest are anything like that, perhaps there is something to the demand they wear veils in public...Her face could stop a weaker man's heart,

Seataka

[edit on 1-7-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?

I'm starting to think that our government is the leader of the axis of evil.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
2nd

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Absolutely no argument here, Iran definitely has its fair share of beauty and it would be a shame if it were to be destroyed by war.

I've mentioned it earlier in more then one post that I really wish the younger generation of Iranians would pull their heads out of their butts and revolt because I believe it is the only chance the country has.

I know there are plenty of bleeding heart liberals who really believe in their innocent little minds that there is a peaceful resolution to be had with Iran. The HARD truth is that with the countries current leadership, a diplomatic resolution is IMPOSSIBLE. We are on the brink of a full scale Iranian invasion and once it starts it won't be finished until Tehran has been taken over and their current government/leaders overthrown. Unfortunately it will not be as easy as Iraq was and much more innocent blood will be spilled.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

So many says Ahmadinejad is a moron. Yet when I actually listen to his speeches, he is almost always a bastion of common sense. Just curious, what in particular makes you think he's a moron, besides the MSM opinion of him? I hope you're not going to cite the long-debunked notions that he threatened Israel with destruction, or that he denied the holocaust.

I have read and heard the same claims being made by posters about another EVEN WORSE moron dictator fidel...

Heck, there are even people who still claim "Hitler was not such a bad man, he was just misunderstood".... and we have had people posts in these forums such claims...

First of all, i am not advocating to nuke, or attack Iran, however those pictures you showed do not show the truth of Iran...

Where are your pictures of the young girls, and women being hanged BECAUSE THEY WERE RAPED?...

Where are your pictures of the hangings of men because they are homosexual?

I might not agree with homosexuality, but I don't advocate, nor agree with the killing of homosexuals either.

Where are your pictures of the true horrors that occur under the Iranian regime?...

A few pictures of the countryside and "RICH" mansions does not demonstrate that the Iranian regime is a "civilized regime."

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nice pictures, but the beauty of a country has nothing to do with its government.

I don't think the Administration or even the American people for that matter take any issue with the Iranian people. The issue is their radical theocratic government, which is hell bent on obtaining nuclear technology to attack Israel, our ally in the region.

Remember, Iran's government is being demonized for some pretty legitimate reasons --- It is one of the primary, big-time funding sources of radical Islamic terrorism.

Remember, after the overthrow of the Shah, tens and thousands were executed by the Islamic regime afterward?

Iran is the foremost state sponsor of terrorism. Iran actively supports terrorist organizations, especially the Lebanese terrorist group, Hezbollah.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Beautiful place but they still have a crazy leader trying to procure nuclear weapons... which is not good. What other option have they really left us? Its too bad were probably gonna bomb the pace back to the stone age....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The problem is GENERALIZATION!! Some people want us to believe that Iran is the enemy just because some of its politicians are retards. But you know what, we got retard politicians too...and it doesn't mean all American's are suddenly bad and evil. We need to realize that they are PEOPLE just like us.

In fact, my best friend is dating an Iranian...and I can guarantee she's not evil. People should stand up and say it's NOT ok to bomb other countries just because you disagree with politics. There's people living in those countries, people like you and me! How would you feel if someone would bomb your ass just because your head politician did something stupid???

We live in the 21st century, it's kinda sad that we're still to stupid to solve our conflicts through negotiation and words rather than blunt force.

As for the whole Israel thing: WHY are we paying Israel US taxpayer's money??? They aren't a developing nation, they are not starving like millions in Africa, they only use our money for one thing, WEAPONS!! Why do I as tax payer have to fund another country. If it were for a humanitarian cause because they're starving, you could justify it...but we're essentially giving them weapons! Why can't we let Israel fend for themselves? Their politicians are nothing but a reincarnation of Hitler, which is quite ironic...let them fight their own battles. We could really use those tax savings right about now, and there's no reason why we would have to fight Israel's battles...unless you're a politician and doing it to get the Jewish vote

[edit on 1-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Those don't look like tanks, missle silos or jets. Why don't you add some military pictures of Iranian war weapons? The military industrial complex of Iran will be the target, not a pretty castle on the hill or a line of people on a sidewalk.

Talk about sensationalizing.....jeeze.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Those don't look like tanks, missle silos or jets. Why don't you add some military pictures of Iranian war weapons? The military industrial complex of Iran will be the target, not a pretty castle on the hill or a line of people on a sidewalk.

Talk about sensationalizing.....jeeze.

Yeah, because there's no collateral damage during wars...ever

Don't fall for stereotypes! We're all people living on the same planet!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join