It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great resource for satellite spotters/ UFO investigators, etc!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This link has probably been posted on ATS in living memory, but I feel that it would be a good idea for everyone to be aware of this resource. It's called "Heavens-Above.com," and it contains a wealth of information about celestial phenomena. The exciting part is that it will calculate the passage of satellites as seen from anywhere on Earth. Don't believe the ISS exists? Go to the page, specify your location and it will tell you when and where to look. It even provides a custom star chart! You can then go outside with a pair of binoculars and see for yourself. UFO investigators can use it as a resource to eliminate the possibility that a UFO was really a satellite. Well worth a visit.

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is also a pretty cool iphone AND Android app called "Satellite Flybys" through Spaceweather.com...limited, but convenient.

More info/ download here:

simpleflybys.com...

CDS

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
THANK YOU so much. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

I have been keep track of various Movers (I call them) that seem to go through or near the Big Dipper at night (usually around 10:00 to 12:00). I tried some other sites but this one is much more user friendly.

Great posting.!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Here's the satellite tracking program I use:
tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com...
It used to be payware, but the author has since quit supporting it and released it to be freeware. You just have to join the yahoo group and you'll find it in the files section. It's specifically designed to command telescopes to track satellites, so it's a very involved piece of software, but it generates some nice sky and ground plots of passes as well and can show you what's overhead in realtime. You might be surprised at the number of satellites heavens-above doesn't tell you about since they're dimmer than magnitude 4.5. Granted that means the others are really dim, most are too dim to be seen by eye, but it gives you the full picture of what's up there.

top topics

join