It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare interview with John Lennon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
Love the message John put out. Nothing short of amazing, easy and totally workable if people just gave it a chance. Idk about everyone praising him as totally great though. Just talk to Julian Lennon and find out how great the man really was. Watch some interviews with Julian and you'll start to see a completely different side to John than the loving, peaceful man we all remember him as.

Why?

Didn't Julian make peace with his past? Last I heard, he was living with Sean and Yoko.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Julian has made peace with the past he says, but here's an interview from before that which really tugged at my heartstrings when I saw it.

www.youtube.com...

He has since said that he has forgiven his father and moved on. That doesn't negate John's actions or their reflection on his character, however. It's like he said: he was just a man. A man who tried to do what was right and espoused a beautiful and (in my opinion) noble philosophy, but a man nonetheless, victim to the same flaws and capacities for hurting other human beings that we all fall to from time to time sadly.

That should not diminish his message though in my opinion.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilTwin666
reply to post by Mr Green

I've not spoken to you for a while, probably 2 years now, how are you ?

Not sure about time but Im fine thanks.

Lennon speaks on many different levels and I think he did it well in this interview.

Now you mention it , yes he seems to speak at once on several levels, quite a rare talent, but of course he was just that.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
yes, the things he would have done (lennon) would have changed the political landscape we see today... and we all know about "faul" mccartney...
If lennon were here today he would say this oil spill/pending evacuation could be an opportunity to really look at the way we`ve been living and use this as a way to really turn things around on tptb... when the 30 to 60 million people (proud southerners who hate takin charity none the less) have to move north or west, I say we welcome them with open arms: let them (or ANY person in need from now on) camp out on our front lawns, use our showers, and we can cut back on xtra snacks/other luxeries to help feed them, cloth them, etc. and lets really take the time to LISTEN to them. I`m gonna say that again, Let`s really take the time to LISTEN to them. I dont mean with your ears I mean with your head, your brain, your MIND. because cultural differences could cause A LOT of unnecessary offenses, so it will also be important for us to try to learn (maybe even BEFORE they get here) about their ways because its a lot different than up here. these poor people are going to be drug out of their homes and moved to unfamiliar places after a lot of those families have lived in the same houyse for many generations... they will be aggravated as it is. i say we use this as a way to unite our people and strengthen our communities and actually get to know one another again instead of condemning eachother for our differences.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think its too coincidental that he wins his case then gets murdered, by a guy who went and sat across the street waiting for police Just like a manchurian candidate, programmed by our government to be a political assassin. He even was a fan.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I like that he said, "We're all Hitler inside. We're all Christ inside." I say this because, despite my love of his music, message, and philosophy - which I do believe he genuinely believed in - all was not rosy peace and love on his part.

By all accounts he had a very bad temper, and wasn't the best of fathers to Julian to say the least. Everyone in the Beatles had enormous egos, which was ultimately what split them up. People can blame Yoko Ono, or this or that, but at the end of the day it was their egos. (Although George Harrison seems to have suffered least from that universal human affliction among them.)

With that said, I still believe he truly believed in the philosophy of nonviolence and love he preached. I just think he was a complex person, as are we all, neither a saint nor a monster. And certainly not the demigod some see him as. As he acknowledged himself here, "We're all Hitler inside. We're all Christ inside" to varying degrees. His positive influence on the world, I would like to believe, was immense and lasting.

People love to criticize him - "He sang about no possessions, but he had a Rolls Royce!"

All that does is remind me that, yes, John Lennon was a human being. And, like all homo sapiens, he had many flaws. But he more than made up for those with his strengths.

The Nirvana Fallacy is called a "fallacy" for a reason.

"The best is the enemy of the good."
-Voltaire

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Lennon preaches things certain Monks and Preists have for centuries. His music put him in the public eye and he used it to better the world, at a great sacrifice no-less.
Whether he died because of the cause he celebrated or by some deranged man still makes him a martyr for his cause.

I admire him greatly as a man, musician and poet. Hopefully i can at least be half the man he is before i die.

EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 2-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

I agree. I don't think anything he did or didn't do should diminish his message, or his (I believe) genuine desire to spread the most basic yet simultaneously profound concepts, "peace and love." I am saddened that those words have become so cliched that people dismiss them simply because they aren't "cool" now.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilTwin666

May Pang on her relationship with John Lennon

John Lennon was better than almost all of us, a great musician, a great poet, a great philosopher and a great man at life. - ProjectJimmy

So much admiration. He must be blushing wherever he is.

The phenomenon of the Beatles was not a spontaneous rebellion by youth against the old social system. Instead it was a carefully crafted plot to introduce by a conspiratorial body which could not be identified, a highly destructive and divisive element into a large population group targeted for change against its will. New words and new phrases--prepared by Tavistock(1)-- were introduced to America along with the Beatles. Words such as "rock" in relation to music sounds, "teenager," "cool," "discovered" and "pop music" were a lexicon of disguised code words signifying the acceptance of drugs and arrived with and accompanied the Beatles wherever they went, to be "discovered" by "teenagers." Incidentally, the word "teenagers" was never used until just before the Beatles arrived on the scene, courtesy of the Tavistock Institute for Human Relations.

As in the case of gang wars, nothing could or would have been accomplished without the cooperation of the media, especially the electronic media and, in particular, the scurrilous Ed Sullivan who had been coached by the conspirators as to the role he was to play. Nobody would have paid much attention to the motley crew from Liverpool and the 12-atonal system of "music" that was to follow had it not been for an overabundance of press exposure. The 12-atonal system consisted of heavy, repetitive sounds, taken from the music of the cult of Dionysus and the Baal priesthood by Adorno and given a "modern" flavor by this special friend of the Queen of England and hence the Committee of 300. - Excerpted from Dr. John Coleman's book "The Committee of 300"

Damn!!! And I thought it was Chuck Berry undermining the old social system.

10. To weaken the moral fiber of the nation and to demoralize workers in the labor class by creating mass unemployment. As jobs dwindle due to the post industrial zero growth policies introduced by the Club of Rome, the report envisages demoralized and discouraged workers resorting to alcohol and drugs. The youth of the land will be encouraged by means of rock music and drugs to rebel against the status quo, thus undermining and eventually destroying the family unit. In this regard, the Committee commissioned Tavistock Institute to prepare a blueprint as to how this could be achieved. Tavistock directed Stanford Research to undertake the work under the direction of Professor Willis Harmon. This work later became known as the "Aquarian Conspiracy". - Excerpted from "21 Goals of the Illuminati and The Committee of 300" by Dr. John Coleman

"Creating mass unemployment"? How preposterous! "Demoralized and discouraged workers resorting to alcohol and drugs"? Perhaps legalized marijuana? Has Schwarzenegger read this?

21 Goals of the Illuminati and The Committee of 300

I admit, I have to love John Lennon, he was the John Edwards of his day. Both filled with aspirations for the rest of us.

I've had enough of watching scenes
Of schizophrenic, egocentric, paranoiac prima donnas
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
- John Lennon lyrics from "Give Me Some Truth"

"Schizophrenic, egocentric, paranoiac prima donnas", I suspect Brian Epstein convinced the lads that wouldn't fit on a bass drum.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
'the US vs John Lennon' is a movie about how the cia and fbi kept tabs on JL, mainly because he had the power to mobilize so many people at once that they considered him a danger. great movie- watch it if you can.

even if the beatles were a tavistok creation JL still seemed to use his status to change TPTB at every opportunity. saint....? maybe not but if there were more of him in this world it'd sure as hell be a better place for love.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join