It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare interview with John Lennon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan snuck into John Lennon's hotel room in Toronto and convinced him to do an interview.

This interview is as much of an insight to society today as it was in 1969.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
thank you for this vid ...its awesome...couldnt have enough of it ...DAMN!!!....how i wish i was the interviewer!!!!!

other than that, John Lennon really knows what he is talking about and tell you the truth also the assasination now seems to get more sense....you know i always hated the idea that such a great person was killed for nothing by a loose canon..i wish there is more to it

STAR AND FLAG this thread if you believe John deserves it!!!!!!!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by heineken]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by heineken]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

One of my favourite quotes from John Lennon:

A dream you dream alone is only a dream, a dream we dream together is reality.

He knew the score !

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
you know what its getting tearing my hair....also in this example..all the interviewers change subject into normal questions they believe people want to her...what a bunch of idots..i would have gone so much deeper with him on the subject.....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What a wonderfully insightful man Lennon was.
Thanks for posting this interview. TPTB were terrified of his message of peace. I often wonder what would've happened & where he'd be today had he not been done away with.

Long live the spirit of John Lennon

Peace, everyone!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Finally something I can agree with Afterthough on. :p
John Lennon was ahead of his time in life. Sad to see him go so soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I think the word is philistines, i would of found it hard to keep my cool if I was John, yet he did.

He gives insightful philosophies if you ask the right questions and yet he gets asked questions as daft as "what is your favourite colour"

He was born before his time.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Finally something I can agree with Afterthough on. :p
John Lennon was ahead of his time in life. Sad to see him go so soon.

If you're going to stalk my every post, at least learn to spell my name right.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No I'm not a stalker. Only on Saturday. :/ Has anyone seen the movie the U.S VS. John Lennon? What was it about?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
John Lennon was better than almost all of us, a great musician, a great poet, a great philosopher and a great man at life.

Were it not for a bullet, I wonder where he would be today. God love ya John, and all you did for all of us.

Edit: I find it poetic that John is even still right about Paul, shouting from his ivory tower for us to be better, while still profiting madly off of us. I don't think Paul a bad person, just one who grew out of touch with the people and became too convinced of his own greatness to have his connection with us anymore. It is a sad thing really.

Ringo is still doing well I think though, his message on global television news that he wanted love for his birthday made me smile and think quite a bit about what I could do to spread love more.

I believe fully that the world would have been far worse if the Beatles had not done what they've done.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In my youth I always viewed John as the most egotistical Beatle. But now that I am much older and wiser and have had my own run-ins with the press and media, I realize that he did have a message that was constantly underplayed by the media trying to turn us against him. I think that 500 years from now if mankind is still alive and kicking people will still be espousing the virtues of St. John, St. Paul, St. George, and Saint Ringo!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilTwin666

Thanks for this very interesting video.

John Lennon said it all when he said stare at something long enough, like a flower, stare at a flower long enough and all answers are given.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Mr Green,

I've not spoken to you for a while, probably 2 years now, how are you ?

Your a deep character so I'm not surprised you found meaning to that comment.

Lennon speaks on many different levels and I think he did it well in this interview.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Double Plus Good. Crucified no less by your EvilTwin665.....
Oh Well,Golly Gee , Right Right.Never the less.

Thanks for the timewarp post! OLE

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Love the message John put out. Nothing short of amazing, easy and totally workable if people just gave it a chance. Idk about everyone praising him as totally great though. Just talk to Julian Lennon and find out how great the man really was. Watch some interviews with Julian and you'll start to see a completely different side to John than the loving, peaceful man we all remember him as.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Thank you for linking this interview.
It's encouraging to see there were/are people out there who see things the way i see them.
Once we reach a critical mass, we will all have a new way.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I like that he said, "We're all Hitler inside. We're all Christ inside." I say this because, despite my love of his music, message, and philosophy - which I do believe he genuinely believed in - all was not rosy peace and love on his part.

By all accounts he had a very bad temper, and wasn't the best of fathers to Julian to say the least. Everyone in the Beatles had enormous egos, which was ultimately what split them up. People can blame Yoko Ono, or this or that, but at the end of the day it was their egos. (Although George Harrison seems to have suffered least from that universal human affliction among them.)

With that said, I still believe he truly believed in the philosophy of nonviolence and love he preached. I just think he was a complex person, as are we all, neither a saint nor a monster. And certainly not the demigod some see him as. As he acknowledged himself here, "We're all Hitler inside. We're all Christ inside" to varying degrees. His positive influence on the world, I would like to believe, was immense and lasting.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My god. I just...wow...at a small loss for works here...I could not help but crying. This is simply a glimpse into the inner-workings of the Bard Jr., I cannot imagine the greatness that could have been harvested if Mr. Lennon were still with us now. The Beatles are no more, they died on that cold December night in New York, and the world has held its breath since. I have to stop crying and collect myself now. Thank you so much OP.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Awesome, man. Thank you.

This reminds me of a documentary I watched called "Imagine: John Lennon" (1988) which shows candid footage of the way the guys interacted with each other which reveals some interesting things, and also has a very moving & inspirational moment in it where john talks with a spun-out fan whose been on a bender and tracked john down thinking him some miracle answer to all his problems...its worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet..

-B.M

[edit on 2/7/10 by B.Morrison]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join