It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very bad experience with attempted out of body experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I was just asking if the heart stopping feeling is a normal feeling and if your heart really stops. That is when I always get scared to go any further. I am talking about inducing and I use a technique I learned on the internet where you walk down stairs in your mind.

I am just trying to find out what the expected experience is. Should I go further or should I only try this when other people are around?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Hi ATLien.

If you "trust" the way Edgar Cayce had his knowledge,
and if you have the time, read how to "protect" yourself,
with the link of my signature's second line.

You will see/read how Carla and her friends did it.

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

Ah I see, unfortunately I have no experience regarding this, so I can't really help you.

But I don't think you should be afraid, I don't really think it's possible to completely stop your heart just by concentrating/meditating, I know it's possible to slow down the rate of the beats, but to completely stop it is pretty unreal.

Anyway I hope you find someone that can help you with your experiences.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I had a common symptom of sleep paralysis, which it has seemed to stop.

The reason fear is created, is so you can remember the experience. Usually when people go back into their body, they don't remember this experience they just had at all. An example is "I rarely have dreams." This is what you said. EVERYONE has dreams daily, they just do not remember it. I can be one of those who can say "I rarely have dreams." Why? because I do not remember them.

Do not think bad of these experiences. You just have to overcome it.

The guy standing distant from you was your spirit guide. He always is with you and protects you, he will also help you getting to where you need, do not fear him.

Dreams can help you face real life situtations.

When facing sleep paralysis, do not struggle. Obviously you can not talk, or move your body, the only thing you can do is see with your eyes. You may be able to slightly move you fingers or toes. When you are facing this situation, I want you to just move your toes if you can or your fingers, do not struggle or go against it if you cant, it actually makes thing worse. What you CAN do though is hum with your mouth, you may not be able to open your mouth, but you can hummmmm with your vocals, this will make the process of sleep paralysis go by faster.

As for the purple, you were entering the tree of life. Prior to me having my first OBE, a shaman which I have been speaking with about 1-2 years ago told me he would be there with me. About 4-5 others did it at the same time. After a bout 15-30 minutes I came back and told him "All I saw was purple, it was somewhat blurry" He told me It was the entrace to the tree of life. The tree of life's entrance is Malkuth which is purple.

Malkuth: Greater ability to discriminate in your life; to overcome a sense of inertia in life; physical health problems of self and others; affairs of home; greater self discovery; elemental life; realm of the saints and spirit-guides. (color = olive / archangel = Sandalphon / feel = earth-like, physical, grounding )

More information on the tree of life can be found here: www.wisdomsdoor.com...

The owner of the site is the shaman which I spoke to over IRC.

I had felt great incredible warmth come over my body at the entrance. He did say he would be with me, and this is what he did.

heres some info on OBE Travel
www.wisdomsdoor.com...

and heres articles he made about dreams
www.wisdomsdoor.com...

The tree of life is where all knowledge is held, about your past and future and the universes knowledge.

I hope this helped, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. If I know the answer I will respond, If I do not know, I will tell you so.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by QuickWick]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by QuickWick

Quickwick, that is very informative and helpful. I have only dabbled slightly with meditation, but I feel like I have had many experiences, and a lot of them were unsolicited. It almost feels as if I'm being drawn into this area of study and practice whether I like it or not?

Anyhow, on a lighter note:
I had a "double dream" this morning. I was dreaming about Hank Williams Jr. for some reason, probably a song I heard. I was dreaming that he had an accident or a broken down car, or something and I had to go pick him up. Then as I was sat to leave, I "woke up" to a knock on the door. I got out of bed, checked the time, was surprised that it was almost time to get up for work, I answered the door and it was him. I offered to give him a ride, but I had to get ready for work first. He sat there and talked to me while I brushed my teeth and shaved and got dressed and when we were about to leave, my wife woke me up again....this time for real, the time was correct with the time in the dream, and I was now running a little late for work, and I was very disappointed that I had to go through the entire morning ritual "again." My wife said when I first woke up that I asked her if Hank was still here?

Kind of funny, very odd, but funny. It seems silly now to imagine someone like that just sitting on my toilet talking while I got ready for work, but it seemed perfectly normal in the dream? Also very odd that the time in the dream and the time in real life were exactly synchronized.

Anyhow, I remember a lot of my dreams. Sometimes during the dream I even remind myself to remember it. I have some level of control and consciousness no matter how wild the dream is. I often awake from dreams with completely unique ideas or solutions, I learned a long time ago to let my subconscious mind help me with nagging problems. It may be mechanical or physical in nature, or it may be emotional, but either way, if I can lay out the pieces to the problem as I fall asleep, I almost always awake with a solution.

Any insight on how to learn more from this particular dream this morning, or how to explore this more while I am awake?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ignore this, but had to say it b/c I thought it would be funny.

YOUR SPIRIT GUIDE IS HANK WILLIAMS! HOLY KRAP!

Okay, back to the thread now. lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ignore this, but had to say it b/c I thought it would be funny.

YOUR SPIRIT GUIDE IS HANK WILLIAMS! HOLY KRAP!

Okay, back to the thread now. lol.

LOLOLOL! No wonder my life has gone the way it has gone! I want a refund, a replacement, maybe some nice docile monk or a pretty little fairy? Not a rowdy dam roughneck! This explains a lot!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1
reply to post by Slih_09

I have tried this a few times but always get scared before stepping off the final step on the stairs. I always feel like my heart is about to stop and I can never get myself to take the plunge when I feel that way. I want to try it with someone around so I don't die. lol.

Is the heart stopping a normal part of the feeling? Your heart doesn't actually stop right?

Thats exactly how I feel

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by QuickWick

Thank you, I didn't even see this post before..You were extremely helpful, I really appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
BUMP...
I've seen many more post on the subject of my dream and OOBE since posting this, so I'm bumping it in hope that someone new has shared a similar experience...Also, please don't skim thru it and then respond with something like "sleep paralysis" as it is so much more than that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When you consciously rise your vibratory frequency, you invariably attract entities of similar frequency/density. It's like tuning in to a radio station. Negative energy (specially fear) will act like a beacon or a call to negative entities that will perceive your energy vibrations.

Fear is perhaps the greatest detractor for those practicing AP.

I would suggest (if you don't want to attract negative beings, that is) to change your frequency to positive. Yes, easier said, than done. For beginners, try to draw an "imaginary" brick wall around you. Oh, and don't fear them, rather... LOVE them. Love deflects fear. They just wont be able to remain in an environment that resonates in love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join