It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cover your webcam!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't have a cam on mine. It does have a mic, but no biggie to me. If they wanna hear me talk smack about them, they can tap my phone... oh wait, the Patriot Act and the Homeland Security Act already gave them permission to do that...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Simply, the green light comes on when the camera is accessed or activated. You might notice the light blink when the computer it booting up, this is normal, but if you light is coming on at odd times then someone could be activating it remotely(clean up your computer) or it could have been some other application that's running in the background.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

ha ha, ya so true, it was so unconstitutional!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

will do seeing blue thanks for the advice friend!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've had mine covered up since I bought my laptop also. Havn't thought about the microphone but will probably cover that aswell.

What happens in my home is my business..

The tech is there for someone to spy on you, so just remedy it by covering the webcam.

The paranoid part of me wonders if the increase of cameras on various devices inside the home are their for a sinister reason aswell as a recreational noval reason..?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is so possible, and I will tell you how I know.

There was an episode of Spooks (British tv show about M15) in the show they used the laptop screen to watch a suspect, it was an episode in series 6 I think, they mentioned thank god for a diode or some other electrical component inside the screen, not saying that is true.

But when I became skeptical about it, my 16 yr old daughter said she could access my webcam no problem, she went to her bedroom and printed off images of me browsing on my laptop, and I had no idea she was doing it.

Now all the webcams in our house have been covered.

I don't know if what was depicted in Spooks was for real or is possible, but it was certainly freaky and disturbing to imagine they could do that?

Is watching through a screen possible?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Way ahead of you Rage, close the app everytime I start up, and cover the actual camera with parcel tape.
Yes I am that paranoid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join