It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Clouds Approach Florida Gulf Coast - Poisonous?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I came across a video recorded by some Gulf coast resident of ominous looking clouds approaching the Florida coast.

Now, I realize that not EVERYTHING must be a conspiracy and dangerous...but, the clouds in the video are quite different than the clouds above it. They also have a different color, likely from the sun?

Anyhow...are they poisonous? Can they be poisonous?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well those are strange clouds, they reminded me of smoke rings but there were so many of them. If you did enough research, I'm sure that you could find out what they are. But why bother, we both know what they're from. The hazy look to the sky and setting sun made me feel nervous inside. Is that from the methane?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Although they have an usual shape to them i think theyre just regular rainbow clouds.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When I was first viewing the guy's video, I didn't think much of it and assumed he's "digging" and "wanting" to believe they're poisonous.

But after watching for a few minutes, they did look so strange to me. I still can't tell if they're altered in color because of whatever particles are contained in those clouds or not.

Thanks for the early feedback guys...I love our ATS community!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Looks very funky indeed, better if you slide the youtube bar back and forth fast =p

Definately one of the better home captured stuff around.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Poisonous as hell I would imagine, and icy cold and noctilucent almost.

Perhaps you had better consider doing away with yourself before you get a serious case of Oxygen Dihydride poisoning.

Edited to add
for those without a sense of humour.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
looks like HAARP clouds

They had similar clouds in China right before the massive earthquake

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
When I use the slide back and forth I notice that his lens is dirty/oily and the rings are actually the way his lens is capturing the refraction of light.

Excellent sunset!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It's getting really scary people!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Nothing poisonous about them

Its the sun creating iridescence in high cirrus clouds. Well known phenomena, that occurs more frequently than most people think

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Are you talking about the lens flare from the sunset? Those "rings" are nothing but refracted light from the sun.

Poison Cloud Fail.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

very scary indeed
I'm afraid we're just in the beginning stages
of this. I'll bet within a year we will start
seeing massive amounts of people
dying from these toxins. If I lived in that
area I would leave immediately.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The video seems so outdated, maybe because the Hurricane that is out there; the dates on the readings were all done in May, it is now July. I do not question the fact that the illnesses are in the air and abundantly, I just wish there were more current numbers.

However, I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to be so close to it and taking the samples. To me that is like a death wish or worse, chromosomal damage.

The thought of all the future birth defects, just in time for ObamaCare!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It's getting really scary people!

Thanks for posting this video.

I've lived near coastlines, mainly east coast, for the majority of my life & have visited plenty of marinas.

I find it very strange that I didn't see ONE seagull in this video.

Seagulls love marinas, but obviously not this one.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I saw HAARP in a post.

But I am surprised no one called it a photoshop.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is a little on what causes the rainbow colored clouds and here is a link that explains it even further.
First, what’s a rainbow cloud? As you can see in the picture, it’s a cloud with the colors of the rainbow splashed across it. Sometimes these are called fire clouds, if the shape of the cloud resembles a fire (like in the picture above).

Second, what causes this effect? It’s pretty simple, actually. Ice crystals in the cloud act as little prisms, breaking up the sunlight into its component colors and spreading them out. It’s essentially the same thing that causes "real" rainbows, except with ice and not water droplets. The angle between the Sun, the cloud, and you is important as well, but the essential ingredients needed for this effect are icy clouds and sunlight. That’s it.

Here is the link that ma help youunderstand the colored clouds a bit better.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...
Hopefully this helps you out on these clouds.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I was just wondering if these are considered rainbow clouds. I found a good link that does explain rainbow clouds and I am interested in your input on the rainbow cloud effect.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have seen similar in the LA,Ca basin in the seventies.
I would disregard all the folks pooh-poohing this as it is already KNOWN there are "smog" clouds being formed over the gulf as the oil is burned and as more of the gasses make there way to the surface.
As a chemist and former oil worker, the reporter who says get a mask is spot on.
My opinion of the clouds is they are nucleated by condensed hydrocarbons. In the lab it is comparable to steam distillation in which water as it is evaporated it carries volatile compounds with it which are condensed with the water and separated. This and sulfur compounds from the burning oil create many nucleation points for water vapor and are logical candidates for why you see these clouds now and will continue to see unusual clouds for some time to come.
As for whether these compounds can rain down, since that is the entire principle of steam distillation, since acid rain is already a well known phenomenon. Does it really not make sense? Get a mask and make plans to get out. Leukemia is a terrible death.
N.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

link? reference?

this be the second line

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by MOFreemason

Nothing poisonous about them

Its the sun creating iridescence in high cirrus clouds. Well known phenomena, that occurs more frequently than most people think

Well known phenomena

I dont think so

that occurs more frequently than most people think

Well then if that is the case why dont you post it with videos to back your claim?

I have never seen anything like this in italy durning an sunset.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join