It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned Trailers Return for Latest Gulf Disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Contaminated FEMA Trailers

This is really sad. Apparently the oil and Corexit isn't enough poison for the workers to breathe and work in, they also get to sleep in contaminated trailers.

The paragraph below really upset me, this man has zero conscience to think this is ok and to compare it to new car smell.

“These are perfectly good trailers,” Mr. Mason said, adding that he has leased land in and around Venice for 40 more trailers that are being delivered from Texas in the coming weeks. “Look, you know that new car smell? Well, that’s formaldehyde, too. The stuff is in everything. It’s not a big deal.”
]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ahimsa]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm surprised that there is no interest in this.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ahimsa]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this too, sorry, I searched for "toxic fema trailers" and nothing came up. Not much interest on it either, but I will go up to my thread and redirect people here. To be fair, your thread was first.

edit spelling

[edit on 1-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Reposting my comment here, from a later, duplicate post...

First of all most of the clean-up workers are locals, BP employees or otherwise. Second, word is plenty of hotels and motels are empty. So this doesn't make any sense on any level.

There are enough REAL issues to focus on and discuss surrounding the BP disaster without attempting to forward this agenda, whatever it may be, here.

If you [the writer] want to bring up the issue of the trailers, do it. But to attempt to tie it to the BP situation is an attention-getting ploy and a stretch that goes farther to discredit than illuminate.

I know this is an arguable "reputable source" and no offense to the OP for reporting this because it's interesting to question why ANYone would bring this up now, but I'm going to have to call BS on and question this one.

There simply isn't a need for this kind of housing from all reports we've seen. Again, this is opportunistic reporting that probably greatly exaggerated and as the report even stated has been going on since Katrina.

Heck, maybe they're using them because they know they're going to be totally trashed anyway and they can get them so cheap as to make them disposable.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
All these foreclosed homes floating around & the banks can't even allow the workers to occupy these residences?

For shame!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Actually I did tie it in with the disaster...these workers are already working in a toxic environment and then have to live in toxic trailers too. Keep in mind that they are not allowed to wear air masks at work.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

It's funny after the "Most of the Exxon Valdez spill clean up workers are dead" and now this thread you don't see to many people complaining that Obama is only letting Black people work cleaning up the spill.

The Black community should at least get pissed about this, you would think.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's not just blacks that are working out there so that point you made that only blacks are being allowed is wrong. Please don't turn this into a race thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
It's not just blacks that are working out there so that point you made that only blacks are being allowed is wrong. Please don't turn this into a race thing.

Sorry I did not mean it as a race thing. I was just pointing out that Working as clean up crew is so unhealthy that people have backed off making it a race issue when it comes to who gets the work. I honestly find that pretty humorous but that's just me, i should keep my trap shut about such observations really....

But it's absolutely ridiculous that they are bringing these formaldehyde trailers back and putting them to use again. There is something very wrong with this whole trailer situation...

Why is it happening in the first place, I mean since when can a trailer not be built with out it being a poison trap of death!?!?!?!

Can they make trailers that aren't overly contaminated with formaldehyde?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think the formaldehyde (sp?) plywood may be cheaper and that's why it was used.

I do notice that a lot of the beach workers are black too and wondered about that. I noticed that many who were left in that NO dome were black. I also remember the blacks that were deliberately infected with syphilis decades ago. I do notice this. Your post though said that Obama was only allowing blacks to do this work and that is not true.

I see what is going on in the world these days as prophecies being fulfilled. I see the ones in control keeping us divided with war, job losses, race, and anything else because if we were to band together...we outnumber them and outarm them.

The fact that these workers are not allowed to wear air masks in that environment makes me believe that the ones in control want them to die. People selling and renting these trailers out care only about money and could care less about the people.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I used to believe it was all about Money, but there are so many ways to make tons and tons of money with out using these poisons. Today I believe that there is some kind of agenda to kill anything that can think logically off the face of the planet. As long as they poison one race at a time no one will care enough to give it an in depth look. Also any one who does look into such things is systematically labeled as a nut job.

But what really turned my view about the poisoning of the worlds population was this recent BP catastrophe. This is was no accident and they are not even trying to cover their tracks any more, that's how inept and stupid they believe us to be.....and to be honest I'd have to agree with their assessment of our ability to reason.

This formaldehyde trailer crap is a prime example of how they just don't care about what we think is wrong. "It's just a new car smell" is something I would be surprised is a child belived.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You are probably right. I think when they got away with 9/11 they knew they had enough power and control over us. After that it has been a series of in your face events that make me believe they are in the process of depopulating what they believe to be their earth.

Divide, weaken, and conquer.

I think the reason why the borders are left wide open and basically a welcome mat set out is a way to herd more of us together so less land will be destroyed. I'm waiting for a west coast disaster.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You know, any brand-new mobile-home unit is similarly toxic. They off-gas all kinds of toxic chemicals from the glues and whatnot they are manufactured with. This is not limited to FEMA trailers.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Not all mobile homes are made that way, you can buy them without the formaldyhyde in the plywood.

I realize that it's not just the FEMA ones.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
They covered this tonight on CNN

I watched it with jaw on floor.

What's next?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Anderson Cooper on cnn has been covering the gulf every night also. He is uncovering so much cr@p going on down there about things BP is hiding, calling it "keeping them honest", but it doesn't seem to be stopping their behaviour (being caught in all the lies).

He was talking to the Mayor?Governor? about the trailers, and they said full disclosure is supposed to happen with any residence resold, and they have just illegally taken off the stickers that said they weren't fit to be lived in. He said the trailers should have been destroyed by now.

At least this stuff is starting to get out on the news, cnn and msnbc, but it seems like not enough people are watching. I have been watching Anderson Cooper closely wondering when he is going to have respiratory problems from doing his show down there an hour each night.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Anderson Coopers coverage of this spill is great. He his constantly bringing new things to the surface. I think he's been reading posts on ATS.

On Topic:
This is so crazy! Why did the trailers get sold in the first place? They should have been destroyed.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
The paragraph below really upset me, this man has zero conscience to think this is ok and to compare it to new car smell.

Really. Or maybe zero intelligence. Anyway, yes, unless one buys a trailer without formaldehyde, for full time use, rv's have a warning label on them stating not to be used to live in. The FEMA trailers were vacation units, not housing.

Those FEMA trailers were always inappropriate for housing, and to be resold as such is despicable, especially if any labels were removed. Plus, unless the trailers were properly taken care of in storage, I would wonder about mold.

new topics

top topics

join