It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot: 1.2 billion dead in BP oil spill, Nov. 2010 nuclear war. Accurate? Will ETs intervene?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Lots of threads on this "oil volcano", but regarding how deadly it could be, the most important component seems to be methane. And there is more methane being released, than oil, but worse, the disaster is apparently right next to a gigantic methane "lake" at the bottom of the Gulf, that could also prove a hazard.

Some scientists believe that a methane release caused the largest extinction event ever, apparently killing off almost everything on the planet at the time.

Some other threads (see Paxnatus' threads) have a great video embedded taking about this issue, a TV show called "Mega Disasters". There is a Professor Ryskin who discusses the possibility that even a "relatively small" methane release would be enough to cover the entire planet, "15 meters high".

Could more than a billion die that way? Almost sounds "easy" based on what the video says. What's worse is that you can be on the other side of the world, and still not be "safe"...

JR

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
this part of the article interested me because it has occurred to me many times since Lord Obama took office that TPTTTB are their grip on their plans and and have essentially gone completely nuts

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, the 1.5B people don't have to be in the US or even in our hemisphere. People seem to forget that the sea is the #1 foodsource for man. It is also the driving force in all of our weather patterns.

If the Relief Wells work....GREAT!

If the Relief Wells don't work, we are looking at a major global catastrophe that will take months and years to really understand. Oil on the water creates more heating and less evaporation. The Gulf Stream will carry this oil to the North Atlantic Current and all across the Atlantic Ocean. More heating + Less Evaporation = Severe storms, drought, and other unforseen consequences.

Now, on top of the top oil, heating, storms, droughts, we also have the majority of the oil and gas in underwater plumes. "Dead Zones" are already being tracked in the Gulf by several University researchers. I have been following UGA's Professor Joye gulfblog.uga.edu... but there are plenty of others. Dead Zones from the oxygen depletion, and poisoning of the bottom of the food chain will work its way through the entire chain up to the top....US!

Still more, droughts, storms, loss of foodsource, and then lets add the potential for the Methane Bomb! There are already plenty of threads about the threat of Methane in the Gulf. The threat existed from frozen prehistoric Methane deposits even before this leak, but now we are pumping millions of cubic feet of Methane into the waters and it is dissolving and dispersing daily. The Gulf is becoming saturated with dissolved gasses, and something will eventually cause them to not be "dissolved" anymore! They could erupt and expand and cause tsunamis, and oxygen depletion, and even an explosion. The largest extinction level event in history was blamed on Methane. Check out these other threads for more info:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In conclusion, 20% of the world's population dying as a direct result of this oil leak is plausible, maybe even likely if they don't stop the leak with the relief wells. It won't happen in November, it will surely take years, but it is not a big leap in speculation to see the possibility of it.

As for Nuclear Wars with Iran, today's news has Saudi Arabia calling for the destruction of both Israel and Iran (if I lived in the region, I would probably feel the same way). A major war is only a matter of time. I highly doubt that any superpower like US, China, Russia would use a Nuclear weapon, it just isn't necessary with today's technology and surgical precision of attacks, but it is very possible that a rogue state or Israel would use these weapons. They don't just want to win a war, they want total annihilation of their enemies, so it makes sense.

Maybe a combination of accidents, wars, weather, and mistakes will wipe a large portion of our population out very soon. Mother Nature has a way of protecting and healing the Earth, and maybe it is time to shake off some fleas?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I would not be surprised in those numbers. Not many people are looking at the domino effect. Mainly because it is hard enough to get past the horror of the spill itself. Due to the amount of gas that has been released the oxygen levels have dropped to where the water can not sustain life anymore. Combine that with the oil that is in the water. That is a nice and plesant way of saying everything in the water and everything that depends on that water is going to or has already died. It is only going to get worse. That kind of water will breed pestilence. An illwind indeed. Combine that with a mosquito threat that will spread inland up the waterways. Read up on the yellow fever outbreak that hit in 1793 and combine it with the black plague. I hope that is not the case, but it is not far fetched.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I, for one, will not be waiting for God, aliens, or extra-dimensional time travelers to save us.

WE must save us.

Given that neither the corporate nor governmental institutions are lead by those motivated to actually arrest this tragedy in progress, we must prepare to endure the inevitable.

Plan on the worst case scenario. Check in with your neighbors, make sure everyone has help. No one is gong to do it for us.

And remember... teach your children EXACTLY how this went down. They are already preparing the new history on this. You will find as you get older, that fewer and fewer people will actually know what happened - even though they lived through it.

Politicians and ideologues will urge us to 'look to the future' and 'move on' and 'forget what is past' -they will tell us that "this is the time for....." and none of what follows will ever be akin to justice, or a reckoning, or reparations. It will all be about you and I 'sacrificing' and being 'patriotic.' And let's not forget 'citizens of the world.'

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My post in another thread regarding the Methane. Also a link to an article from an earlier post in that thread. Scary stuff.

Original Article (Thanks paxnatus)
www.helium.com...

My Post:

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by paxnatus

A link from your article to a paper discussing periodic eruptions of Methane:
www.sciencedaily.com...

Report about the Late Paleocene Thermal Maximum (LPTM), which occurred around 55 million years ago and lasted about 100,000 years. Large undersea methane caused explosions and mass extinctions.

And now more good news from pages 2 and 3 of your article:

While the entire Gulf coastline is vulnerable, the state most exposed to the fury of a supersonic wave towering 150 to 200 feet or more is Florida. The Sunshine State only averages about 100 feet above sea level with much of the coastline and lowlands and swamps near zero elevation.

A supersonic tsunami would literally sweep away everything from Miami to the panhandle in a matter of minutes. Loss of human life would be virtually instantaneous and measured in the millions. Of course the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and southern region of Georgia—a state with no Gulf coastline—would also experience tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of casualties.

Loss of property is virtually incalculable and the days of the US position as the world's superpower would be literally gone in a flash...of detonating methane.

Elevation Map of Coastline:
www.netstate.com...

With the emerging evidence of fissures, the quiet fear now is the methane bubble rupturing the seabed and exploding into the Gulf waters. If the bubble escapes, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will instantaneously sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists measuring the oil plumes' advance will instantly perish.

As horrible as that is, what would follow is an event so potentially horrific that it equals in its fury the Indonesian tsunami that killed more than 600,000, or the destruction of Pompeii by Mt. Vesuvius.

The ultimate Gulf disaster, however, would make even those historical horrors pale by comparison. If the huge methane bubble breaches the seabed, it will erupt with an explosive fury similar to that experienced during the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens in the Pacific Northwest.

Folks.....there is really no way to exaggerate the potential of this disaster. Everything you are imagining probably doesn't compare to the reality of such an event.

Either the relief wells work and we recover over the next couple of years, or the relief wells don't work and we begin to slowly migrate North as the Fears and Job Shortages and Housing Debacle drive us away from our beloved Gulf Coast.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Difference, your savior is a alien gray. Mine is Jesus.
I do not trust aliens.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Care to provide links to back this up?

You have to buy the report to have access to that information. I cannot repost the report as it is copyrighted by Clif and I will not infringe on that

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yup - the only "heaven" any of us will see is the one we make for ourselves. We were designed for this planet. Let's not trash it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Somehow I have a feeling traffic in the Survival forum just picked up a bit.

Maybe time to go shopping?
www.beprepared.com...

I've never been so happy to live at 7,000 feet.

I think the best point made in this thread, regardless of whether or not the predictions come to pass, is one that Maximars made. Our children must be taught exactly how this happened, and WE must not allow the facts to be washed from our memories and replaced with falsehoods.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Difference, your savior is a alien gray. Mine is Jesus.
I do not trust aliens.

If we (people) can't start trusting each other, then we don't deserve the trust of aliens, Jesus, or whatever it you call your "God".

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FRMDaDark

it is NOT Obama's fault, he is a sincere man but he was elected after the BUSH neocon politics !! it is the neocon strategy to diminish the State influence, the State control, the State power !!!!! since Reagan and Tatcher in England, things go crazy because they all think the State should be less and the private sector should be more powerfull in decision making, all the power to the corporates !!!
they do what they like, they are paid lots of money, but they have NO responsability when things go wrong !!! then it is the State that havs to intervene !!!! crazy $$$$$ #ing neocons, crazy BP & Halliburton - it is time americans wake up and fight for their lives !! but not against Obama, he is also a victim of your society, but he is honest and want it all better !! give him the power instgead of trying to attack him !!! peace.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join