It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qualifications for Secret Facilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Would working as an engineer at Lockheed Martin help in qualifying an individual for secret facilities?

I have a friend that works for Lockheed Martin as an engineer and have always wondered if he had ever been approached with such an offer. I have asked him and he tells me know, but would he really tell me if he was approached?

_________

I know my father was asked to have a meeting once when he was in the military.

My father had worked on several “secret” projects for the navy during his time of service which was most likely the reason he was contacted.

He wasn’t told by his superior officer what the meeting was about, but he did find out when he got there. The meeting was in a hotel room with at least one person that had met him face to face. My father was not told which government department he was being “recruited” for, but he did know it was one of the intelligence agencies. He turned down the “offer”, because after being in the military he just wanted to get away from the government. My father never told me the exact details of the conversation, but just this basic story I have just told you.

_________

I was just wondering what other qualifications might have a person targeted for selection. I know what each of my neighbors say they do for a living, but you never know one of them might have the qualifications for recruitment.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by AlienCarnage]

[edit on 7/1/2010 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i would depend on the project and the people selected or approached would carry the skills required to fit the task. usually some of the best in their field. may i inquire to why you ask?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I have certain suspicions on people I know who may have the qualifications necessary; it is more to fulfill my own morbid sense of curiosity regarding those individuals. Some I have spoken to and directly asked them, to which of coarse they denied such things, others I have not approached as of yet. I know poking around may lead to someone possibly showing up at my door, which is one of the reasons I thought I would try to confirm my suspicions on what qualifications would be necessary, which might help to determining whether I am right or wrong about certain individuals that I know.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
good luck with that! you obvously know some pretty interesting people

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Would working as an engineer at Lockheed Martin help in qualifying an individual for secret black ops facilities?

Let's get terminologies correct here, not because I'm trying to be patronizing but because it could be helpful in determining exactly what you are requesting.

Black Operations are covert actions where the government or entities therein have plausible deniability.

Black Projects are research, development and acquisition programs generally of a technological nature, like the F-117 was way back in the late '70's and early '80's.
Black Projects of the type you seem to be alluding to are called SAP's or Special Access Programs.

Examples of Special Access Programs as Identified by DoD regulations are as follows:

(1) A specific technology with potential for weaponization that
gives the United States a significant technical lead or tactical advantage
over potential adversaries.

(2) Sensitive technology that is especially vulnerable to foreign
intelligence exploitation without special protection.

(3) An emerging technology, proposed operation, or intelligence
activity risking the compromise of other SAPs.

(4) Exposure of sensitive activities that could jeopardize the lives
of U.S. citizens.

(5) A capability that is so unique or sensitive that it requires
protection beyond normal procedures.

(6) Methods used to acquire foreign technology or equipment.

(7) Sensitive support to DOD and non-DOD agencies.

In answer to your question regarding qualifications for working on (I assume) Black Projects, a history with the military may get you in as support personnel, but hands on technical development and application requires more often than not, a good solid work history with a military contractor.

Black Ops on the other hand probably recruit military people all the time for covert operations of spying and or carrying out sanctions.

Just my 2 cents

Natalie~

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Okay, sometimes I think faster than I type, I edited my OP to correct that error. Thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Who knows

Apparently working for the Australian Bureau of Meteorology makes me a proffesional disinformation agent and government shill....so I guess anythings possible on ATS

But seriously, who knows what kind of qualifications and skills are needed. I guess it depends on the type of program is being run at the time. I assume that strict background checks would be done on anyone before they were approached to work on such things

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The thread title says "Facilities", so I thought you meant the actual buildings.
Like, who inspects the buildings, do they meet fire code, health code, do they comply with OSHA, etc.

I also wonder if someone slips and falls and gets hurt, how do they handle it?

Sorry if this was off topic, but these were my thoughts provoked by the thread title.

join