It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our message to space, and anyone out there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I tried a search and couldnt find anything on this subject, if it has been done, mod's please close.

Now this is reference to the message that was sent by Carl Sagan. The so called first physical message that was sent into space in the 70's on gold plaques that had a sample picture of a human female and male, also and a DNA module.

Now my post isn't so much in reference to the actual cd that was sent, but the message. We know that were not always told the truth, do you think that the message that they claimed was actually sent, or could it have been something else.

Now we are to believe that the message was answered in 2001, in a crop circle, with the same info we sent, and the human's depicted on the cd, was replaced by an ET, also we seemed have been able to see that they also used a similar periodic table.

Now there was supposed to be a new message that would be sent out into space, and a survey was done, asking what type of message should be sent. Most of the people that wanted to put their 2 cents in recommended on one word... HELP!!!

Now knowing the message that we have sent (maybe), and the message received, how did they actual understand that they used the periodic table? Was it only because they saw it in the crop circle? Or could their have been something that their not saying.

And what does it say about people now, that our main thought to anyone who could help, from this planet or not, would be help? I know that we have already realized that we are not alone, but does that mean that we can go as far as sending vital information randomly into space? Or asking other beings, that might have problems of their own to help us? I mean DNA info, human bodies, I am aware of other symbols, but cannot find what all of the symbols were.

Would I believe without seeing ourselves, or believing in anything that the gov has to say referring to ET/Aliens/UFO? Probably not. Now I know that was a lot of possible rambling, but if we are to await the apparent arrival of other beings, hostile or not. Do we really know what they know? Or do we just wait and hope for the best.

I know that everyone on a site like this wants to represent themselves as do I, but I get a weird feeling when I know that a message was sent, without the consent, and or, approval of the people, all the people of this planet, our diversity may not be universal. Their understanding to the message may be different as their planet may be united. Just my 2 cents.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wow, I am really surprised that this post has been passed over, well, I guess there's bigger fish to fry.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

That's an interesting point you have. Not only did some elite scientists/politicians decide to spend the money to do this project, but they also decided to do it without some sort of international vote of the people.

Not only that, but what about future people - the people that might actually have to deal with the consequences of sending out that information?

They probably figured, "Why not, it's not like anyone will see it for millions of years". Perhaps, but you never know.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Aliens won't visit and communicate with us for the same reason we won't visit the ants and share our knowledge with them.

Its a waste of time.
There is a chance that aliens have the same mentality as us, "why the hell should we visit the lower life forms? What benefit are they to us?"

I don't believe aliens have been on earth at all.
We need to realize that humans aren't special, we would probably be considered pests looking at our population and how we invade territory.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

Yeah, it's like the ants leave little traces of chemical trails as they walk. What if they are back at the anthill saying to eachother, "Why hasn't anyone responded to our messages?"

Even if humans could "read" the messages, would we really understand the meaning?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I never really gave a thought to the info that was sent in that it mightnt have been what we thought it was- it's anyones guess I suppose.

Some saw sending the message as a precarious move- we don't know that whoever might find the message is going to be all loving and caring, it could be the opposite.

I didnt know a crop circle answered and I'm undecided about what crop circles are and who makes them.

As an aside I recently read Carl Sagan A Life by keay Davidson- it's a great read if anyones interested.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I think the OP is confusing two different messages.

The crop circle was supposed to be a response to SETIs radio broadcast from Arecibo, not the plaques Sagan made for the Pioneer and Voyager probes.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris
Aliens won't visit and communicate with us for the same reason we won't visit the ants and share our knowledge with them.

Its a waste of time.
There is a chance that aliens have the same mentality as us, "why the hell should we visit the lower life forms? What benefit are they to us?"

I don't believe aliens have been on earth at all.
We need to realize that humans aren't special, we would probably be considered pests looking at our population and how we invade territory.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we WOULD visit lower life forms on another planet.
Now imagine if that lower life form was sentient, we would probably start a conservation effort.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris

Just for the sake of clarification are you saying that if we discovered fire ants on Venus or spiders on mars that we would not spend many billions on trying to find out more about this and way would this be a waste of time?

If we did discover extraterrestrial life on another world not only would we bust a gut setting up a manned mission to visit that world but we would also periodically slap ourselves on the back and look wistfully into space for confirming that life is not just confined to earth but that it is out there and close by. I believe that before the decade was out that there would be science bases on the life confirmed worlds, cataloguing the newly discovered life I am absolutely certain of that.

Sadly I also believe that if life was discovered as such then this news would be kept from us and secretive organisations tied to our secret services would look for benefits in military applications rather than just for the simple joys of science taking new steps come the confirmation of primitive extraterrestrial life. We would only ever get to know there was life out there if it suited the powerful agenda to inform us and never just because a truth was discovered to be a truth because all information is managed like a commodity – the disgrace or our age.

In visiting a lower life form the use to us is in discovering how the mechanics of evolution works on an extraterrestrial life form and how its evolution brought it to be what it evolved to be within the confinements of its environment.

In discovering or at the very least trying to scientifically investigate the intricacies of extraterrestrial life – even low life then we are discovering much about our own life and how we came to all evolve on earth. That is the benefit to us if we were allowed to experience the truth.

You say that humans are not special but I have to disagree with you in the strongest terms because I have come to realise that we as a species are special. We are much more than special and we are much more than we are led to believe by those who have created an environment that fools us into thinking we are not worth very much in the grand scheme of things.

I have come to realise that it is our social conditioning and our less than adequate educational systems that have led us to believe that we are just thinking bags of meat that are born to work hard before expiring unfulfilled several decades later.
We are nothing special only if we choose to believe we are nothing special but why would we choose such a nightmare?

Personally I stopped believing the negative hype a long time ago and I smile much more now because I think we are being visited because the environment and ourselves and the life on this world in sharing space and time has been noted as being extremely important to the visitors.

Sadly I do think some visitors do not much care for us but there are others who care very much I am certain. Of course this is a subjective based upon close encounters I have experienced recently with my family and other witnesses from time to time but I was not seeing things or feelings things so I must concede that not only are we being visited but that they come for us.

The reasons for this would be nice to know but soon I think we will know so it is all good.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The makers of the Voyager Record wrote a book about it called "Murmurs of Earth", published in 1978. It's a great read. The message was a labor of love by people who were passionate about knowlege and exploration. They earnestly dreamed of finding someone to talk to in the lonely vastness of the universe.

Here is the JPL website about the record.

This site has a complete compilation of the photographs sent, the sounds of Earth, and a listing of the 90 minutes of music that was our gift to the stars.

The people who made the records knew that it's a long-shot that Voyager will ever be found; but in the 1970's, perhaps even more than now, there were serious doubts as to whether the human race - let alone human civilization - would last another 30 years. They were sending "messages in a bottle" so that, even if we didn't make it, something about us would endure; so that someone out there might know that we existed - we lived, we loved, we built, we tried...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
thanks for those links Saint.

-will take a look.

new topics

top topics

join