It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Guys i beg you to stop feeding into his delusions. This is not funny at all you have a person who tells you he hallucinates is an admitted schizophrenic and you guys are going to feed into his delusions. You know not what you play with i have a friend who is a diagnosed schizophrenic he cut off 2 of his fingers during an episode at a party because people played with him not realizing he was serious. I hope your conscience can handle it if he hurts himself or others from this.

Op in total seriousness schizophrenia can be treated with medication you can enjoy life my buddy has 2 kids and a good job and by all respects is normal. His family and friends know the signs to look for and we help him. Depend on your family and friends theyll steer you in the right direction and dont ever try to find out about reality on a conspiracy sight. That is found at your home with your loved ones.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think those of you who think we are living in an actual Matrix need to be highly medicated. Your stupidity is a glitch in reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Guys i beg you to stop feeding into his delusions. This is not funny at all you have a person who tells you he hallucinates is an admitted schizophrenic and you guys are going to feed into his delusions. You know not what you play with i have a friend who is a diagnosed schizophrenic he cut off 2 of his fingers during an episode at a party because people played with him not realizing he was serious. I hope your conscience can handle it if he hurts himself or others from this.

Op in total seriousness schizophrenia can be treated with medication you can enjoy life my buddy has 2 kids and a good job and by all respects is normal. His family and friends know the signs to look for and we help him. Depend on your family and friends theyll steer you in the right direction and dont ever try to find out about reality on a conspiracy sight. That is found at your home with your loved ones.

You don't have to worry about me. You could say by me asking this question that I am delusional and that may be correct but I am not a harm to myself or others.

Even though the illness is unfortunate it has brought me a pretty comfortable lifestyle so there is no need to pity me. I get paid quite well for it, I own a house, pay my bills, drive a nice car. Don't pity me or worry for me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I think those of you who think we are living in an actual Matrix need to be highly medicated. Your stupidity is a glitch in reality.

You're taking the interpretation too literally.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by LightofLiberty]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

As I stated previously on this thread I am a schizophrenic and do also suggest OP seek regular psychiatric councelling and medication lest he falls into a prolonged psychotic episode.There are now new generation drugs such as solien and abilify with a lot less side effects than prior drugs,prior to being on solien however I was on other drugs with nasty side effects I blew out to 80lb's overweight and am now 40lb's overweight solely due to the drugs,I have poor dentition from being a decade on these drugs and mostly I was a mind numbed zombie on these drugs until recently when I swapped over,there is a reliance on these drugs to zombify or neuter sufferers to stop them 'being a problem' with that in mind I suggest OP select his psychiatrist and medications carefully.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
what did the "demons" sound like when they talked?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

I have a nurse that visits me two times a week, I visit a psychiatrist once every 6 months.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad Jones
what did the "demons" sound like when they talked?

It was mostly garbled and I couldn't really translate what was being said but you can tell it is a demonic sounding voice because it has a deep tone to it, not like a manly voice or anything like that, just a very deep demonic tone. You'd know it if you heard it. Then there is also a groaning sound that I have to think is possibly demonic because it just groans and then at that time I could hear footsteps in my house.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Some demons speak english however latin is the usual language.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Some demons speak english however latin is the usual language.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You know, I don't really have first hand knowledge of this, but my girlfriend, who has a Ph.D. in Psychology and counsels, has dealt with many people with this condition.
I have always likened disorders like this to faulty wiring. Nothing more, nothing less. She has told me of people who she has counseled who have seen greys, been abducted, and have these stories of other star systems with great accuracy (for her, a person with limited astrological knowledge).

I like to believe that our brains are so powerful, that maybe they are tapping into another plane or dimension. I have done some reading on '___' and what it does, and maybe these mental "disorders" are just opening doors that our mind is capable of, but has been naturally or chemically closed. As far as a "matrix" of any kind, no, i don't believe we are living in a construct like the movie. However, I do think that everyone perceives this world in their own way, and the fact that people with mental "sickness" see things differently doesn't make them less of a person. Their brains may be more EVOLVED! (maybe not but you never know).

I think we should study what chemicals like '___' do to open our "3rd eye". I mean, ancient peoples wouldn't have just "made up" a story about a 3rd eye and enlightenment/other realms if there wasn't SOMETHING to back it. Doesn't seem right to me.

Arent schizophrenics just the minority? So what would happen if the majority of people were the schizophrenics? Would we be classified as "insane"? Not my idea, I saw it in "In The Mouth of Madness". Freaky movie BTW.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

maybe your more susceptible to demonic occurences, they can enter your frequency range easier possibly. Ever play with a Ouija board, someone die in your house, any strange previous owners before you moved in, history of anything in your family (psychosises or demonic possessions)?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
this is like the best thread I ever seen on ATS. So many good people have posted up on here & shared honestly.
I too believe we are in a matrix. But this matrix is above & beyond anything we can conceptually understand.
I also believe that the glitches are part of our DNA.
Drugs are the trap & meditation or shamanism might help you escape but I doubt it. I think they will just help you deal with it better.
The Buddha taught the philosophy of nothingness way back bitd. The Prajnaparamita Sutras. Nagajuna proved it logically around one AD.
One of the cool ideas I read here was that matter is slowed down light. My gut says go with this.
Anyways I hope this thread stays around for awhile. I would like to read some more and put some answers up to some quotes. I'm such a slow typer. Like 10 WPM with more than 2 fingers.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Personally...I really like this thread. There has always been the question of "what is reality". Sure, THIS is probably reality and mind-altering drugs, etc. are showing us a non-reality. But...who says so...and for what creatures.

Contemplate this for a moment. Humans view time based upon a life span of (lets say) 85 years. One day is based upon the sun, moon and our clocks. With a long life span, we view a month in a certain way. But what about a creature whose life span is 6 months? Is a day to them the same as a day to us? Or does their 6 months seem as long as our 85 years? Time (or what we call time) moves at a constant speed, but for another creature, it may SEEM different...or...if they were the most intelligent, wouldn't the example be reversed?

Other creatures also see things in different ways (flies, etc.)...and some in black & white. And some...from things I have read...may only know existence in two dimensions. They understand front, back, left and right...but not up and down. I'm not the one to explain the science, but in theory, another creature could inhabit the earth, moving either too slow or too fast...and maybe only existing for a fraction of a second...and we could never know.

Wouldn't all that be a different reality? Now...living in a computer generated reality seems a bit too far for me. But what about in some kind of huge aquarium we call the universe? If that were the case...would this be reality, or would reality be what is outside the aquarium...looking in?

God...this reminds me of my high-school pot days (ha-ha)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh when I wrote matrix I didnt mean like that stupid movie. Oh wait I mean that really good movie.
Wait, I think my schizophrenia is kicking in.
Joke.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by out west

Lets run with the gnostic version of reality where the evil demi-urge or false God Yaldoboath and his archons have created the matrix and all its channels,the false reality most of humanity is plugged into,Christianity,Hinduism,Islam,Judaism are all playstation channels we can tune into you take the software be it the Bible,Quoran or whatever download it and that in conjuction with 'spiritual guidance' will tune into a particular channel with its own spirit world,synchronicities and other programme features built in to convince our egos we have the truth.The elite is in on this of course and use these religions as divide and rule,there are other non-religious memes or channels we download such as the education system and our careers,an MBA is programming just as much as the Bible is backing these memes are secret societies advanced technologies and advanced magic to deal with recalcitrants that do not programme properly-such as schizophrenics.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think that's an interesting perspective on schizophrenia because your mind does believe the illusion in your brain. And in most ways, your brain is your matrix. We perceive the world through senses, but we don't actually see the REAL world. We don't see all wavelengths of light, or the radio spectrum. And experiments have demonstrated that 2 people who experience the same event have vastly different perceptions of the event.

However, recognize that many schizophrenics write down this information they perceive to be very intelligent and when they come out of their episode, they recognize that it is complete gibberish and only made sense to them when they were in that state of mind. So even if there were crossover from the glitch, it makes no sense in our realm.

And the schizophrenic dissociative experience and hallucinations can be recreated with mind altering drugs. What we perceive in those situations is just as real to us as what we perceive otherwise.

The Harvard professor and Psychiatrist John Mack wrote a very interesting book on the alien abduction phenomena. His take on it was that in every sense, the events being reported were real to the individuals who experienced them- and they were not lying about their experiences. And in a practical sense, that makes them a real phenomena that cannot be dismissed due to lack of "evidence".

This poses more of a metaphysical question: Must reality be shared to be "real"? How shared does it have to be? 2 people? 10? 100? And if perception is not reality, how can we be sure of anything?

Many scientists have argued that the most likely way for intelligence to survive in the universe is inside a computer simulation. So we can never rule out the possibility that its all a simulation. If you accept that might be the case, then the question of whether something is real or not become moot because there is no way to know.

All of that said, don't go off your meds. Everything we know says that schizophrenia is a real condition of the brain and that schizophrenics can harm themselves and others when experiencing their altered reality. If that is a glitch in the matrix, there is little good it can do us inside the matrix and you should try to avoid experiencing it. No one can confirm that anyone has escaped this reality and continued to exist, but there have been plenty of observations of schizophrenics getting hurt and hurting others when they aren't taking their medications. You have to trust that the people in this reality are more real than the ones in the schizo episode.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

I'll go with that.

All you got to do is travel around the planet & you will see that reality is not same for everyone everywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
reply to post by Shikamaru

As a schizophrenic I will answer you your video game analogy is correct my reality does involve either human or non-human intelligences with technologies so advanced that they can play planet earth like you play playstation I have experienced bending of time and space for example when one hospital I was in turned into a giant maze,time line collapses like the morning I went to the supermarket and found a brand new shopping centre in its place which dissapeared by the next day,it was built 3 years AFTER my experience,I have been subjected to physical,mental and spiritual torture probaby via advanced microwave technology been subject to live stream visions being pumped in or line of sight disturbances where they will change the pictures on tv and many other things that can be concieved of in terms of technology.

Also these intelligences have access to the demonic I have been struck down and struck dumb on numerous occassions and suffered night hags,etc etc.So playstation has both a technological and spiritual component it also has alternate realities for example ever seen flying lizards?or an 'angel' which look more like a giant bat than the pretty pictures in Christian kiddy books,its a lot more technical than ancestor memory sorry many of my episodes have been set in the future.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by out west]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Fropm my understanding schizophrenia is caused by over stimulation of the pituitary gland, not a movie, possibly drug related also

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join