It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dandelionlight

So the voices, the symbols, the hallucinations, and the intelligence that seems beyond your own - who is to say that it is not just another flavor of reality that only a few are wired to experience? Many schizophrenics have similar symptoms; is this because they're tuning into the same channel?
That's quite a bold statement for someone working in the mental health field to make...that's basically what me and a few others have been postulating here...if you read through the last two pages you'll see some interesting posts...

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We all create our reality. Maybe schitzos really see demons and hear voices. Maybe they create it. Maybe they just can SEE other forms that is inaccessible to normal people.

Maybe those "demons" see us as demons too.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualgirl

Human hearing goes from 20-20000hz very few humans hear beyond this range yet of course this is not the entire sound spectrum,birds cats and dogs can hear things undiscernable to the human ear,perhaps with reality there is a visible spectrum for which the 99 percentile sit in,the other one percent be it via increased perception or via processing differences see beyond the 'veil',ghosts,spirits etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just to add to the flavor of this discussion, Jun’s Idea of Ego-Self/non ego and the Axis/Matrix is best expressed in his Book “Synchronicity” where the Unus Mundus as a matrix is explored as the juncture where the Self intersects the Ego... according to him the Unus Mundus is such a juncture which manifests fully in synchronistic phenomena. Jung also explored many realms with Pauli. Quantum physics has realized that the particle (object) is illusory and that a sort of “information” constitutes the unified nature of reality. Language shapes you and supplies you with a mode of thinking as a “priori” , which levels the physical and cultures of man and produces monoculture reality everywhere in otherwords, a ”grammatically controlled reality” We are becoming a generation that doesn’t know what is real anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Proud heart and closed mined you will gather no knowledge.

Smug in your cacoon of what is the real reality.

I'm not saying the OP Post is correct.

But you seem to just shut it down without consideration and that is disinformation in my book.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I remember hearing years ago about a couple that were convinced they had crossed over from another dimension. They were both very sane and with it,but they were SURE that many little details about the world they were in was wrong-different president,dead celebrities were alive,places had different names. Since then I've often wondered if its possible some of our crazy people were just people from somewhere in the multiverse who accidentally crossed over. Maybe their brains run on a different frequency,and they cant adapt to our universe...maybe the changes are just too much and it burns out their brain. Or maybe I just read too many comic books. Either way,its a thought....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Excerpt from "The Better Bunny," by C. R. Sweeney:

No one could have possibly foretold Robin’s fate nor intervened to prevent her descent into madness. I found her one night near the beach in La Jolla, California, walking in small circles in the rain, talking in gibberish to things in the air around her that I could not see. The sister I had known was gone forever and a stranger had taken her place - someone that I did not know and who did not know me.

A decade has now been put behind us. Robin gave birth to a baby boy whom she named Michael. Michael's father, Robin maintains, is a 14th century pirate named Christopher LaSaint. Robin's schizophrenia and bipolar condition prevents her from caring for Michael and I have raised him as my own. Robin's madness frightens him so she seldom comes around.

One of the last days I saw her, she was standing before the bathroom mirror screaming in terror for hours at a time. During one of Robin's infrequent moments of lucidity I asked her, “So what is it that you see in the mirror that terrifies you so?”

Robin leaned forward suspiciously and whispered. “They are all around us,” she confided, “always watching, always waiting.”

“Then perhaps it is just as well that I cannot see them.” I replied. “I have been blessed by ignorance of their existence.”

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

As humans, we find it much easier to label and compartmentalize anything that we don't understand. Then we can stand back and say "there, that takes care of that and we don't have to try to understand it anymore". I do not understand your so called "condition". I was amazed at it's potential in the movie A Beautiful Mind. If that was anything close to how it really is, it's hard to wrap my mind around.
I wonder if there is a way to just injoy the experience that you have and accept it? If it is not hurting anyone else...you know?

seeashrink

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
What do you think? Do you believe schizophrenic individuals are experiencing some kind of glitch in the matrix? I’m interested to know your opinions.

Thank you for your future thoughtful reply.

I 100% believe that schizophrenic individuals can experience altered states of consciousness in tune with a higher frequency reality than what humanity was made for. I think of the human experience as a blinder for true connection to reality, we believe we're seperate individuals when in actuality everything is intricately tied together.

People who are schizophrenic, have Asperger's, Autism spectrum disorder, and similar variants literally don't experience the "material world" as most people do.

I've also heard about a connection between elevated '___' [DimethylTryptaline, wiki link here] levels in that group I mentioned above. '___' is a natural neuro-chemical that peaks when we are born, and when we die. It is higher in people who have mystical experiences from what I understand, but I don't know if that bit's published.

People with Schizophrenia have been revered throughout history as a conduit to the gods! Thanks for sharing your insight.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]

Why not lower "frequency"?
Why believe they are "in tune" with a higher realm of reality?
Why presume they are in tune with anything but their own desires/fears.
That, as they cannot manage them, as they try to repress them, desires/fears are expressed in the most powerful way when they try to come back to their counscious mind?

Also, why the "reality" they experience would have any value as to show us Reality.

Because what you're basically saying is that shizophrenic people are closer to a"higher reality" than we (sane people) are.

I know that with the "academic" conception of a sound mind/behavior, not many ATS members would pass as sane.
But that sloppery reasoning to jump to the conclusion that the more delusional you are, the closer to the truth you must be... No?

You give 2 "arguments":
1- That's a logical fallacy called argumentum ad antiquitatem (the argument to antiquity or tradition).
It's not because schizos have been "revered throughout history as a conduit to the gods!" (as epileptics too...) that they trully are ones.

But I dont state that they arent, what you believe is your concern but this is NOT proof.

2- '___': you mention a hypothesis YOU make "dmt levels are higher in the brain of these people" as a fact. But, still you say that it hasnt been published. So, it's really a thought, right?

But, even if it was true, that would not mean that dmt open any gate to true Reality. That's a psychotrop (powerful by the way) created by our brain and found in nature also. It can be synthesized and taken in concoction/inhalation.
But, again, you suggest that the most powerful hallucinogens are, in fact, means to reach "higher realms" of reality!

My conclusion is you/we dont know if schizos are more aware than us, or not... What I know it's they dont seem to be.
But more importantly one should be very cautious in praising schizo-like behavior our ideas like (chemically induced) hallucinations are the true Reality!

We should try to verify that empirically. For now I KNOW that a psychotrop (as even alcohol can be) can make us have ideas that seem powerful when we're in modified state... But reveal themselves as not being even sound/logical once we "wake up...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very nice. Thank you for thinking outside of the box unlike other people. When you think of "mental disorders" and things in that nature it makes you wonder if they aren't in tune with other dimensions or something we aren't able to grasp. I wish more people were open-minded. Interesting post.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by craposaurus

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Yeah, sure, let's pretend it wasn't an insult then.
Grow up, making insults in your posts doesn't help your case, it hurts it.
Oh, and there's more than one type of ad hominem.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

It was an insult, not an ad hominem:
en.wikipedia.org...

I do want to apologize to you and kevinunknown the insult was uncalled for. I made it for 2 reasons. I hated seeing the OP being mocked and made fun of, mostly by kevinunknown. I also hated seeing people state that it is "dangerous" to theorize on ATS.com. Theorizing is the only way we can truly discover how things work and come up with solutions or better solutions to problems. My sincere apologies.

I never once mocked the OP, I merely said his original idea could lead to dangerous ideas from those who suffer from the disease. I also never said it was dangerous to theorize, I infact said that what we do know about schizophrenia is probably wrong, we shouldn't just put out any crazy theory that has no evidence besides a interesting movies from the 90s.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceGoddess
Very nice. Thank you for thinking outside of the box unlike other people. When you think of "mental disorders" and things in that nature it makes you wonder if they aren't in tune with other dimensions or something we aren't able to grasp. I wish more people were open-minded. Interesting post.

Can we be open-minded but still use our brains?
Can we be caring and trying to help by saying something else than you should go to your doc? And this way not even hearing the OP when he asks for help? BUT, can we also be caring by NOT adding to his (potential) delusion by saying that not only there's nothing wrong (maybe there isnt that's not my point), but that he is closer to Reality than us?

I didnt say to him to take his medecine and go to bed, I proposed a kind of experience and thoughts to help him know more about his hallucinations and their possible origin.

Yet, to be open-minded doesnt mean to believe anything because it sounds good.
In this case, it's not because we have a s***ty life that there MUST BE another ("higher") one. AND that "schizos" can see it...

There is no argumentation here just statements after statements...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Project_USA]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Project_USA]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You were just enough weak to answer to OP and tried to make an emotional impact. Sorry, we don't buy, and we know what this "sickness" mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder and there are varying degrees of it. And a schizo doesn't necessarily have to be in that state all the time. Usually episodes occur gradually, and when it does manifest the mental state of the person usually derrioates more and more. and the disease usually shows when a person is in their 20's I believe. Although it can before or after, this is the general age it rears its head. I've come to realize that when a person is going through an episode there is no point in trying to reason or argue with that person. They are so far ripped from reality its literally useless. I have a brother who is a paranoid schizophrenic and I have fibromyagla, which is a physical illness attacking the muscles. I have said many times over I'd much rather have my physical illness than a mental one. Because I love using my mind, and just can't stand to bear see my brother loose his.

Not everyone that hears or sees things has a mental problem though. There are sane people who are bothered by wicked spirits, who see them and hear their voices in their ears and such. And there is a measuring stick I've come to learn one can use to distinguish pretty well between the two, although its not concrete. Usually a person that is being bothered by demons sees grotesque demonic things, and hears grotesque, demonic, unmentionable filthiness that comes from their minds. A schizophrenic usually sees and hear normal people and conversations.

So if you're seeing demonic things, and hearing demonic talk, it's most likely demonic. If you're hearing and seeing things that you would in ordinary every-day life, then most likely you have a problem with your mind.

If you're gonig through one of your episodes it's pointless to try and discuss it with you in any event. It appears you are in your sound mind right now, which is good.

I have also come to discern that demons/wicked spirits like to attach themselves to the mentally ill, they like to prey on them for some reason, maybe its the fragile state their minds are already in. Many times a man can fry his mind literally by illicit drug use, even one time taking '___', for example can ruin your mental health for the rest of your life.

Drug use and mental illness go hand in hand. But so does drug use and spiritism. In fact the Greek word for sorcery is Farmakia, which is transliterated into our English in such words such as Pharmacy, and it literally means druggery. Sorcery and drug use has always been intimately related. No wonder then that people who experiment with illicit drugs like marijuana experience demonic activity. Even the use of tobacco was a spirististic religious experience for the Native Americans who introduced it to the world. So cigarette smoking is also related to sorcery.

Bottom line, if you have never dabbled into the occult, or taken illicit drugs, and your episodes are of ordinary people and conversations you would notice every day, you've got a serious mental disorder. If you experience demonic entities and hear disgusting vulgar language you may be dealing with a demonic attack and not a mental disorder. And then there are many who have fried their minds abusing drugs, and have dabbled into he occult, and they may have both symptoms, mental disorders, and wicked spirits who are driving them further insane. Although demonic activity can also drive a mental man insane. Just as the Proverb states:

(Ecclesiastes 7:7) . . .For mere oppression may make a wise one act crazy. . .

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Sorry we can't be in the matrix, because aliens are real. Many people I know have an irrational fear of animals with huge eyes (owls etc.) this phobia makes me think of aliens.

If you can fit aliens into your matrix I'm game.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Obviously you have some personal experience with your brother having it. I am sorry to hear that. No, I have not taken any drugs excluding tobacco which may add weight to what you've wrote here.

I do hear conversations, as discussed earlier, intellectual conversations so to speak. The demonic sounding stuff manifests itself more often than the conversations, sometimes I hear what sounds like someone walking around and groaning, and then there is the unique sound that I sometimes hear of a voice that is often garbled but definitely has a demonic sound which is difficult to describe in terms of the audible sound of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xspinx

There was once in a village, a man who predicted a drought would came. Not that only drought would come, but that after it is gone, those who drink water from the river will go mad. But nobody listened to him, except a man who made some water supplies. The drought came, and people died. After 2 weeks, the drought was gone, but those who drank water from the river, got mad. The only person that hadn't gone mad was the man who prepared for the drought. As he was the only sane person in the village, he was considered by the others to be "mad" since he was the only one acting strange. So, the man trying to "fit" in the society and not be an outsider, drank some water from the river and soon enough he became "normal" as the others.

Theory: Reality is created by the very fact of knowing.
[edit on 1-7-2010 by xspinx]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by xspinx]

A very good analogy. I could not help but think of the saying "If you can't beat 'em....." upon reading that ;-) So true....so true.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dandelionlight

Since you work in the mental health field you should know that if a schizo ends up reading this thread, where people support the idea of it being a glitch, it might have severe consequences on that person's condition.

Their hallucinations are often something that is completely unreal to us because our brains like the concept of unreal. The concept of aliens, gods, Matrix, whatever is thought provoking and exciting. Reality is boring.

I wonder if people would still hallucinate about these things if we hadn't invented them..

Btw: Quite a few Matrix schizos have ended up in the news after trying to fight the Matrix. I'd like you all to consider this before you continue supporting stuff like this.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join